On this coming Sunday, Februrary 26, 2012, from 7:30 A.M,

I, Masuda, will be appearing on TV TOKYO’s Show, “Pokémon Smash!”

Not only that.

And there…

I will be making a VERY important announcement,

so be sure not to miss it!!

Watch it live on TV!

And, for those of you who can’t watch television on live,

I will announce the same information right after the show via twitter!!

Everyone, I hope you all enjoy the show!!

Ciao!

Get hyped, because this time it might actually be a new main Pokemon game! If it isn't we can just delete this thread and forget this whole mess.

Edited by PSI Freeze

Not getting my hopes up in case it's something relatively minor like the announcement of an event Pokemon or something. Or if it is a game, something I won't particularly care about like those PokePark games.

Edited by Ekaje

Not too sure about a new event, given that a new one has been unveiled in Japan today by Masuda. Then again, it could also be one of the mystery Pokémon that haven't been distributed yet...

But damn it, I just want a new game already!

praying for a 3DS title

I think it would be best if there was Ruby and Sapphire on DS, and Emerald on 3DS

so by the time Gray comes out, it's exclusively 3DS

Or vice versa

I just want something for 3DS that's a main series game.

Do we really need a thread for each announcement? We have the General Pokemon thread..

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not getting my hopes up in case it's something relatively minor like the announcement of an event Pokemon or something. Or if it is a game, something I won't particularly care about like those PokePark games.

Basically, this.

It'll be cool if it's actually a new game, but I'd rather not be disappointed it if ends up being something I really don't care for all that much. Either way, I'll be keeping track of this thread to see what comes up.

Oh okay, so there is genuine reason to think this is a big deal. Good to know. I'll be unhappy if it's R/S remakes, slightly less unhappy if it's an Emerald remake, and unhappy if it's Grey... because I think Grey's a terrible name and they should come up with a better one. Also unhappy if it's a spin-off. Pretty high chance of gloom, in other words, but I'm keeping an open mind.

This must be really important, the guy just keeps tweeting about that.

"Pokemon Smash on Sunday the 26th! Masuda will make an appearance. There will be a very important announcement, so do not miss it! Everyone please Tweet and blog this! Hope you watch it!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it will be Grey.

If they want to keep teasing the new movie it's already time to show Kyurem's new form.

Since it will probably use the BW engine, I guess it would be on the regular DS.

I really can't see how they would use the 3D in the battle system in a glorious way.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys, I hate to be the one to bring bad new but...

"Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come"

~Serebii

But this doesn't mean that there isn't a new game... right?

Edit: "I read Masuda's tweets earlier, someone asked if the announcement would be the Pikachu thing and he said no. So stop panicking!"

Edited by Tmsp

Hey guys, I hate to be the one to bring bad new but...

"Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday"

~Serebii

But this doesn't mean that there isn't a new game... right?

It doesn't, no. He said it was something that everyone should be getting excited about and that everyone has to watch Pokémon Smash tonight for an announcement. I doubt a Pikachu event will cut it (though I wouldn't put it past him to at least mention it) and I doubt Junichi would hype the fanbase over this what with us hearing about a new event on the same day.

'sides, we get a new Pokémon game every two years, and we're at the midway point already. We've begun the 5th Generation last year, so by tradition, it'll be either Gray/Grey or the 3rd Gen remakes next year with an announcement tonight. Both have reason to be announced, what with the new Kyurem movie tying in for the 5th Gen Black and White games for one and RS reaching its 10th anniversary for the other. The announcement, either way on this case, will be something worthy of celebration and hype.

EDIT: But Christ, imagine if he announces both.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

New adventure game ?

Pokémon Colloseum and XD sequel on Wii U or 3DS. Aw yeah.

Eh, im more hopping for something along the lines of actually controlling a Pokemon in a vast world filled with other Pokemon which you can battle/befriend and then control them. And it's not an rpg, the fighting is actually in real time.

I can dream dammit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope they involve the story of emerald in the R/S remakes. The mission to get Rayquaza was the only time in a Pokemon Game that I had the feeling I really saved the world instead of randomly beating up bad guys to get in the next city and accidentally saving the world with that. In emerald, it was so different to me. The weather changes really showed the power of Groudon and Kyogre, not like the other legendaries who are, according to the NCPs, so mighty, but do nothing but sitting around in caves. That's a big part of the magic that made the Hoenn region so awesome to me and I would be really disappointed if this part isn't in the remakes.