Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

When Giovanni exited that alcove in Tohjo Falls, a sound effect that sounds significantly like a splash could be heard just as Lyra or Ethan begins talking.

Not ironclad confirmation, and I'm not believing the theory myself, but why include the splash effect, unless it was intended to be heard as a dramatic exit effect?

It's odd that Giovanni's art is his pose from Firered and Leafgreen when everyone else's is from GEN IV on. Steven got Gen IV art too, right?

Ugh, if this World tournament turns out to be possible thanks to time travel, that would be such a copout. Having a sense of physical continuity couldn't be that hard, could it?

Edited by Joshua

When Giovanni exited that alcove in Tohjo Falls, a sound effect that sounds significantly like a splash could be heard just as Lyra or Ethan begins talking.

Not ironclad confirmation, and I'm not believing the theory myself, but why include the splash effect, unless it was intended to be heard as a dramatic exit effect?

Am I the only one who actually liked the change to the level up system? It made it a lot easier to keep all my 'mons around the same level throughout the game. It helped out a lot.

• Thumbs Up 6

A splash because there was water? I don't know. But its a bit of a stretch to suggest he intentionally killed himself, especially with his Pokemon with him.

All in all it's just SO out of character for both Giovanni AND the Pokemon games in general for someone to just off himself in such an anticlimatic way.

Consider-The-Following-600x600.jpg

Giovanni had been humiliated by a kid 3 times already and Team Rocket, the world's greatest origination at the time, disbands in the chaos. They tried to regroup but that failed many times. Giovanni really has lost everything afterwords. So I could see why people see it as suicide.

I highly doubt this will actually happen but I hope some of the Gen 5 pokemon will have some moves added to their movepool. Not all, just some. Mainly serperior. I went with Samuroot in the first black version (I don't regret it either) and since I hate emboar I decided to go with the grass type as my starter for black 2. But Goddamnit that things move pool is horrible. They could at least let it learn some psychic type moves or something! Like I said, it's highly unlikely that this will happen but I'd greatly appreciate it if it did.

Consider-The-Following-600x600.jpg

Giovanni had been humiliated by a kid 3 times already and Team Rocket, the world's greatest origination at the time, disbands in the chaos. They tried to regroup but that failed many times. Giovanni really has lost everything afterwords. So I could see why people see it as suicide.

Consider THIS... following.

Giovanni took his organization disbanding pretty well ing RBY, and vowed to simply become a stronger trainer. Hell, he had no intention of reviving Team Rocket in GSC/HGSS; it was the Radio Tower takeover/broadcast that made him want to resume his position as leader.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ugh, if this World tournament turns out to be possible thanks to time travel, that would be such a copout. Having a sense of physical continuity couldn't be that hard, could it?

Why? Gen I/III > 3 years after > Gen II > some unknown time after > Gen IV > some unknown time after > BW > 2 years after > BW2

Gen I/III happens at the same time since there is the trade machine event going on to link the 2, Gen II happens 3 (or was it 2?) years after gen I/III as told by in game, Gen IV happens some time after since there is an in game conversation between some Gym leader and Jasmine about her going to Sinnoh and then she is there in D/P/Pl, BW happens some time after Gen IV since Cynthia talks about the events from Platinum and now BW2 is set to happen 2 years after as stated by GF.

Edited by Tmsp

Am I the only one who actually liked the change to the level up system? It made it a lot easier to keep all my 'mons around the same level throughout the game. It helped out a lot.

I like it in theory, but not in execution. It meant that I was grinding way more than should be necessary, and hunting for Audino was really the only feasible way of getting anywhere. The developers couldn't have been completely unaware of this- you simply get given the once coveted and rare lucky egg as part of the story (and again, Audino).

Edited by Blue Blood

Why? Gen I/III > 3 years after > Gen II > some unknown time after > Gen IV > some unknown time after > BW > 2 years after > BW2

Gen I/III happens at the same time since there is the trade machine event going on to link the 2, Gen II happens 3 (or was it 2?) years after gen I/III as told by in game, Gen IV happens some time after since there is an in game conversation between some Gym leader and Jasmine about her going to Sinnoh and then she is there in D/P/Pl, BW happens some time after Gen IV since Cynthia talks about the events from Platinum and now BW2 is set to happen 2 years after as stated by GF.

But what about the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh/Johto? I mean would it not be reasonable to say that Gen II and Gen IV take place at similar points in time due to the unaging of the members of the frontier, and the fact that Janine could have easily just been on vacation at the time. Maybe the frontier merely migrates every now and then, from region to region as well, thus resulting in it appearing in the Johto & Sinnoh regions

But what about the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh/Johto? I mean would it not be reasonable to say that Gen II and Gen IV take place at similar points in time due to the unaging of the members of the frontier, and the fact that Janine could have easily just been on vacation at the time. Maybe the frontier merely migrates every now and then, from region to region as well, thus resulting in it appearing in the Johto & Sinnoh regions

But the time between HG/SS and Platinum could be as short as 1 week, the only clue we have to link the 2 is Jasmine wanting to visit Sinnoh in post game HG/SS then appearing in D/P/Pl at the beach.

BW takes place so many years after DPPt that the Ex-Rocket Grunt had enough time to meet his future wife, get married, and have a child old enough and intelligent enough to speak in complete sentences.

Then there's Caitlin, who has obviously aged from the pre-teen she was in the Johto/Platinum Battle Frontier, to a matured teenager, if not an adult, as a member of Unova's Elite 4.

Seeing this obvious physical continuity, and now having Brock, Misty, Blue, and judging by the sprite, Janine, appear to not have aged at all, is inconsistent.

Edited by Joshua

I really think there a bigger things to worry about in Pokémon than the age of characters included for fanservice.

• Thumbs Up 4

BW takes place so many years after DPPt that the Ex-Rocket Grunt had enough time to meet his future wife, get married, and have a child old enough and intelligent enough to speak in complete sentences.

Then there's Caitlin, who has obviously aged from a pre-teen to a matured teenager, if not an adult.

Seeing this obvious physical continuity, and now having Brock, Misty, Blue, and judging by the sprite, Janine, appear to not have aged at all, is inconsistent.

Maybe they just where lazy and didn't want to make new designs or thought this way they would be easier to be recognized.

I don't think something like time traveling will be added just to have some fan service in the game.

Doesn't hurt to have a concrete timeline though. :P

I'll accept it if the World Tournament does use time travel to make it happen, if it's stated as a reason. But if it goes on without a hitch without explanation, then I'll be confuzzled the entire time.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the official art for the returning characters is intentionally not being revealed yet so as not to spoil the surprise.

Then there's Caitlin, who has obviously aged from the pre-teen she was in the Johto/Platinum Battle Frontier, to a matured teenager, if not an adult, as a member of Unova's Elite 4.

Can't remember it, but it's possible he met her while he was in Team Rocket etc.

Caitlin was 14 in Gen IV, she could easily be 16-17 in Gen V, so 2-3 years.

Wow I've just caught up on recent events and have gone from apathetic to a little excited. I'm particularly happy to see a larger 'Dex and the return of some old favourites. Of course that means I want my favourite in, but I guess Unova's own frog family might make Poliwhirl's evolutionary chain a bit redundant... Still want.

More importantly though, I hope there is a better story and more to do post-game this time around.

Has it been confirmed whether all the Unova Pokemon will be returning in the Regional Dex or if some have been taken out and saved for the National Dex?

^ I hadn't considered that possibility. I assumed that all 155 of Unova's Pokemon would return, but that would take up a whole half of the new Regional Pokedex.

Edited by Lungo

So basically this is DLC for a ds game?

Which has been done since the first gen games for mew, nothing new to people but still slightly annoying especially if its trainers.

Has it been confirmed whether all the Unova Pokemon will be returning in the Regional Dex

I don't see why you'd assume otherwise.

I assumed that all 155 of Unova's Pokemon would return, but that would take up a whole half of the new Regional Pokedex.

I'd say thats a given, this IS still a 5th Gen game. Its never been any different for previous generations.

Edited by Rusty Spy

Anyone notice how Bianca's glasses look suspiciously like Cheren's? And the fact that Cheren no longer wears his?....you tryin to tell us something game freak?