Awoo.

Sega and NVIDIA announce March release date

StitchRS

Off topic, but Black Spy, your signature made my day.

EDIT: so my post isn't spammish:

it seems like we all have equal backing for our opinions here. I can't really knock against the people who go by visual evidence alone, but I don't see how Endri's testimony is not trustworthy.

I dunno, I guess that's what makes this forum exciting.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Hey guys.

Revelation.

There's both automation AND good level design in this game.

Crazy, huh?

And there's no way of knowing how much of each there is until we get more footage; so I reserve my right to complain about what I'm currently seeing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys.

Revelation.

There's both automation AND good level design in this game.

Crazy, huh?

I'm not seeing the good level design. It looks like there's very forced platforming between automation. What we've seen so far is what I'm judging and it's not filling me with confidence.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

Well, I will graciously bow out of this conversation by saying one last thing:

I honestly hope SEGA proves us pessimistic folk wrong on this one. I truly do. I lay in (shallow) hope!

@Dissident

Alrighty, that's fair enough for me.

But I want to speculate on something else... like what variety of garden potato that man used to record that video.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://img210.images...inanutshell.png

A complete figment of my imagination. So much, man, so much! I love all the intricate game design!

*looks back at TSS article*

Huh, the writter must've made a mistake, it says there are 24 screenshots, but all I see are 7. And they're nothing but running and springs and boosters.

I'm not seeing the good level design. It looks like there's very forced platforming between automation. What we've seen so far is what I'm judging and it's not filling me with confidence.

I'm seeing the good level design. It looks like there's very focused platforming between automation. What we've seen so far is what I'm judging and it's filling me with confidence.

S4-Dash_Panel.jpgSonic_4_Spring.gif

The source of everyone's complaints in Sonic 4: Episode 2 so far. If they just lessened these, I don't think anyone here would have a problem. I'll wait to see but I have seen enough interesting content in the stages to suggest that there is far more to the game than this, but I also think Dimps should learn to rely on them less. But unlike others, I can't say what the game is as we've seen very little, and enough to support both sides of the argument.

I still find it funny that all of this arguing is coming from what amounts to giant rubbery toys though.

• Thumbs Up 2

At this point I really could care less about how the game controls because the level design is looking terrible. I'll be up front and say that I think Sonic Advance 2 and 3 have just as good, if not, better physics than the classics, yet that doesn't stop me from thinking they're mediocre and horrible games respectively (SAdv3 having a shitty team gimmick doesn't help much either). Sonic Generations 3DS also controlled pretty well, yet the level design was incredibly subpar and didn't make use of what it had in the latter half of the game.

I'd be willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt, but Episode 1 left a horrid taste in my mouth and what I'm seeing here doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

Using a stage gimmick =/= the rest of the game. Sonic 4 Episode 1 had Dash/Spring almost the entire time.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

Could have fooled the shit out of me. I don't believe uncurling negates everything else.

Using a stage gimmick =/= the rest of the game. Sonic 4 Episode 1 had Dash/Spring almost the entire time.

just as easy, I can pull a video out of my ass:

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps I don't have the attention span of a fly, but I clearly saw the gameplay in it's entirety. Looks exactly the same as the last episode therefore I will compare it. Notice how you're forced to homing attack the spring to continue. That's bad level design.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do you guys have so many videos shoved up your ass? I think you all should see a proctologist.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 2

Can we please

please

not fucking turn this topic into a sarcasm contest!? Every time I see someone be sarcastic to someone else about Sawkni games I automatically skip their posts no matter what they're saying. This has gone far enough.

• Thumbs Up 6

So yeah, I still think thr game will be fun.

Though truthfully, I never actually played Episode I and thus never had my childhood ravaged by it.

Have we had a first stage before that had an underwater section which could kill you?

Only for a 'first' stage. That's a lot of traps and things there which want to kill you.

Am I the only one here who thought pretty much every level apart from Splash Hill played as intricately as Lost Labyrinth? =C Ep1 had a lot of automation but it had a shit ton more... not... automation. I expect the same from Ep2 which is fine by me.

Emerald Coast?

Leaf Forest?

Angel Island?

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one here who thought pretty much every level apart from Splash Hill played as intricately as Lost Labyrinth?