Awoo.

Sega and NVIDIA announce March release date

StitchRS

Well, alright then. *sigh*

In that case I do sincerely apologize, BB. :/

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'm not sure how this is even the same argument as this:

Ok so we're all just gonna pretend that episode 1 didn't have its fair share of platforming and level gimmicks and doing something other than hold right.

Tails' AI looks pretty awful. Time to go drown him again...

Agreed. I'm afraid that's just going to make the fact that he's unplayable an even more glaring flaw in players' eyes.

Edited by Exploder

Agreed. I'm afraid that's just going to make the fact that he's unplayable an even more glaring flaw in players' eyes.

But you don't need to play as Tails at all. You can fly with him, and you can do the bro out attack thing. It would be just pointless.

I'm noticing a lot of opinion in this thread. I personally don't think Episode 2 looks all that great myself, and personally I just want to whole thing to be done and over with, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I've played it, then cast my final judgments.

I'm still gonna buy it and I'm still going to enjoy the game and there's NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!

No, seriously. I'd like better physics and I've already shown that the game seems to have it in the Media thread, but I'm still gonna enjoy this game for what it IS, not what it's TRYING to be. As a Classic game, yes, it's a piece of crap, but for a Sonic game, it's a WHOLE lot better than Labyrinth and *shudders* 2006.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm still gonna buy it and I'm still going to enjoy the game and there's NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!

No, seriously. I'd like better physics and I've already shown that the game seems to have it in the Media thread, but I'm still gonna enjoy this game for what it IS, not what it's TRYING to be. As a Classic game, yes, it's a piece of crap, but for a Sonic game, it's a WHOLE lot better than Labyrinth and *shudders* 2006.

It's not so much what the game is TRYING to be but what the game is SUPPOSED to be by indication of it's title and PR promises from the very beginning.

Ok so we're all just gonna pretend that episode 1 didn't have its fair share of platforming and level gimmicks and doing something other than hold right.

And that is another argument that isn't the same as your first one. I'm legitimately not sure which point you are trying to make.

Edited by Gilda

Can't we all fight after it releases? It's pretty much pointless now. (Well fighting is pointless anyways.)

And that is another argument that isn't the same as your first one. I'm legitimately not sure which point you are trying to make.

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly I'm not meaning to hate on this game. I actually didn't expect the first installment to replicate the Classic gameplay. Hell, I initially defended its direction before it came out. However a number of things have raised my expectations significantly since the release of Episode 1:

1 - The sheer disappointment of how boring Episode 1 was to play made me pine for the Classic experience in the first place

2 - The promises. It wasn't just one empty gesture. They've kept on saying how they would resolve and had resolved the really big issues in the gameplay

3 - Learning that Sonic 4 started out as something else, explaining why Episode 1 might have been rushed to completion

4 - Generations Classic (Console and 3DS) actually got some things right

5 - The release of Episode 2 screenshots. If they made that much effort with the visuals, surely this would extend to the rest of the game?

6 - Above all, is it really that hard to replicate the Classic experience? The more time goes on the more baffling it is. They have the games right in front of them for reference. AGH. It boggles the mind.

OK, so we only have one trailer. As I've said before though, it does little to disprove that it plays radically different to Episode 1. At the end of the day, the physics, good or bad, won't matter if the level design is wank anyway and it just doesn't look too good in that respect so far. But hey, I've not given up completely.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Black Spy's initial point, to me, was that Episode I wasn't all boosters and springs. Your mileage may vary on whethere there were too many of them, but repeated exaggerations get on people's nerves. Most of the levels had tons of platforming and interaction with level gimmicks to advance in the stage. I don't see the game as all that automated, really. Episode had tons of problems, but that really wasn't a major one.

The problem was that the platforming/gimmicks were just...wrong. They felt stiff and you never got any serious momentum. Forget the physics, even good rolling never would have had a chance to shine. The game was built like a non-Sonic platformer in my eyes, just tons of hopping and bopping. If Episode II can alleviate this, that's great. I see some improvement. There's a lot more slopes, for one.

This is al my opinion, we all see things differently.

The problem with the platforming and such in Episode I was that it just wasn't fun to control and handle. It was some decent platforming, but really if Sonic controlled nicer it would have been more fun. This time around, Sonic seems a lot smoother, faster, and overall better to move about, thus I think the platforming will be more fun since now Sonic is less stiff.

• Thumbs Up 3

This reminds me of the constant battles we had when we saw Modern footage of Green Hill. Constantly debating, callling the game shit already just due to a first (possible tutorial) stage, yadda yadda.

Most complaints apart from the graphics were very similar in this thread...

Then we saw Sky Sanctuary/Seaside Hill and a lot of people started to shut up about the level design.

And then we played it and we praised the level design.

While it probably won't be a big as it was during Generations...I predict the same thing happening here and sadly this cycle of pre-game negative thinking is going to keep happening until we get more solid games. But at least its better than getting our hopes up and geting massively disappointed right?

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 9

This is probably the most depressing thread I've ever read. Probably because the game doesn't even look that bad this time!

Honestly, I don't see why you guys just didn't keep your expectations in place after E1 and look up from there; rather than experiencing Episode 1 and then once again repositioning your standards at the top of pyramid for the next episode. Expecting different than what you got in a serious and demanding tone is just about the main way to get yourselves disappointed.

Me? I saw Sonic 4 Episode 2, knew what I hated about Episode 1 (physix, visuals, boosters), and said "okay, show me the money Sega, it's buy or no-buy time". I'm not in the mood to rustle my jimmies over this. If I like what I see, then I buy. If I don't, I don't buy. I'm not gonna go "oh you ruined the classics, how could you, those untouchable gods of games how could you you unloving monsters". Just chillin, don't care much; hoping for the most, expecting the least, rather than the other way around.

And will you look at that, not only do we get a trustworthy slab of word-of-mouth (and some footage) to show that the physics feel much more.. Sonic like and proper, but we also get a new art style and graphical enhancements which not-awkward, not-crap animations and design choices. In fact, it's quite good! Good, yes, good! Jolly good!

That's checking off two out of three for me, right? Right. Well what about the boosters? Honestly, I don't mind the springs that much, but the boosters I do. Are they everywhere in the game? Well I dunno, I don't have the entire game leaked and at my disposal like Episode 1 was with the PartnerNET video bombs.

Am I concerned? Yes; mostly because boosters in S4 are known to take away your control. Do we know just how abundant they are, and if abundant, just how much control they take away? Dunno about that. Will just have to wait and see before I judge the entire game on minimal footage.

Amen to that. Have a 'Like' smile.png

Although, if there was one thing that I'm disappointed with Episode 2 is that it's still using those crappy synths for the music. The later stages could have better music though so yeah, I'm still crossing my fingers.

Edited by KrazyBean14