Awoo.

Sonic lands #1 on GT's "Top 10 WORST Blockbusters"

Autosaver

Oh yeah, I remember this from earlier today. I dunno about SA2 and Unleashed or M&S, but I can see why '06 was on there. And I thought GT liked Sonic....

I know 06 is bad but E.T. is... E.T.

Also Adventure 2 and Unleashed? i mean they had flaws but they were pretty okay games. Certainly not flawed enough to be worse than E.T.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, what's E.T?

One of the terrible games for the Atari 2600 that kicked off the Video Game crash of the 60's.

I haven't heard of it, but judging from what you said, it's probably pretty bad.

60's.

I know video games were around then in a very basic form, but I still lol'd.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I don't want to come off sounding like a fanboy but......really?

I understand, Sonic games can be very disappointing at times, and at others truthfully bad, But even then how can the Sonic series surpass E.T! Whatever I guess Sonic is still considered bad.

Edited by KoalaPoop
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so E.T is supposedly better than Unleashed, according to Game Trailers....I wonder how that happened.

Eh, I'm totally used to crap like this from gaming sites. Even though the recent games have been arguably pretty good (or at the very least decent), some people just love beating on a dead horse. Ah well.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's because Sonic was at one time a very respected video game icon. Sure, Sa2 and SU and even the Mario & Sonic games aren't that bad (some are even okay/good), but Sonic has got to have had the highest fall from grace of any video game icon ever. I'm not saying he's like that now (I rather liked Colors, Gens, etc.) but to go from the classics which were fantastic to something like Sonic 06 is a pretty far fall. Sure ET is worse but it's a crappy movie tie in game that didn't start off as a hugely successful video game series so it isn't such a big deal.

Edited by speedfreak

Okay, so E.T is supposedly better than Unleashed, according to Game Trailers....I wonder how that happened.

No, what they did was they merged Adventure 2 Battle, '06, Unleashed and M&S in to one rank, and it turned out with these games together it's worse than E.T.

@speedfreak

Interesting thought, but one issue that bugs me is that Sonic's fall from grace didn't symbolize the near-collapse of the gaming industry like E.T. did, unless you're going to route of the franchise being the ultimate example of gaming consumerism gone horribly wrong.

Edited by KingMan

Wait, what's E.T?

I'm going to assume you know that ET was a massive blockbuster film but just didn't know that it was a game.

Please tell me you know it's a film.

Anyway.

List is bull. They even opened up the top entry with "we know Sonic's been doing well lately, but..." How pathetic can you get? Do you really have to go out of your way to insult Sonic?

Pisses me off.

• Thumbs Up 7

Anyway while I disagree with GT with Sonic topping the list, I still think Sonic should be in this worst Top 10 Blockbusters list somewhere with Sonic '06. The game is a complete embarrassment to the franchise and to one of the top video game icons.

Sonic '06 doesn't deserve the 1 million sales it has got, I'm sorry. I know way better games, and sadly these "better" games never reached 1 million in sales.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 2

ThIs list is bullshit. Sure, the last few games have been pretty crappy, but Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were good, and his 2d days were perfect. Now the series is trying to rebuild itself by returning to it's roots, and the last few games seem solid, this is far from the worst franchise ever. Is it perfect? Hell no. But it doesn't deserve this ranking.

People are never going to let Sonic live down his bad years, even almost five years later...its fucking ridiculous,

• Thumbs Up 7

Well you know it says something when a lot of the commenters of all people are point out how full of shit their list is.

Even more when they point out games like Call of Duty deserving to be on that list. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Frankly they are going to bitch and moan as long as its popular to...or until everything reverts to the 1990s.

We know how these things work: You pop onto the bandwagon that makes you popular until its unpopular, and then jump on the next one, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Enigma2Me
  • Thumbs Up 1