Awoo.

Sonic lands #1 on GT's "Top 10 WORST Blockbusters"

Autosaver

On the positive side, nearly everyone who commented on the video agreed that the numer one spot was grossly undeserved.

So although the writers screwed the pooch, Sonic's overall reputation with the GT crowd is actually improving a lot. I don't think we'd see the generic crowd defending the franchise to that extent a few years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aw, I was all ready to go hulk on them for insulting Sonic Heroes.

But they didn't even touch on that, which is amazing considering that it's that game that gets lumped as the start of the downfall more than SA2. I love SH, but I'm mystified that it managed to avoid being singled out as a top ten worst game when SA2 and Unleashed didn't.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its good seeing the crowd defend Sonic now... that's...really good news.

Seems like we are getting somewhere people.

• Thumbs Up 3

Im honestly not usually one to scream "bias!" when video game reviewers smack down on Sonic, but GT's contempt for the franchise is just ridiculus. Did Yuji Naka rape one of their staff members or something? Im gonna have to believe he did.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wouldn't it be better to ignore biased idiots like these?

Sonic's on top because it kept happening year after year. You guys realize what the point of this list is, right? A game that basically amounts to a massive gyp, they sell a bunch of copies of a game that no one likes.

Reports of the role of E.T. in the video game crash has been greatly exaggerated. It wasn't what caused it, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. The 2600's volume of shovelware makes the Wii library look distinguished. Back in those days you could go to a flea market or something and buy a handful of games for a fiver because they weren't worth anything. The MSRP on these games was often over $40 and for what? A game with four screens? One screen? It only took one programmer a few months to make a game back then, so everyone tried to get in on it, but the market could only support so many games where spaceships in front of a star field made digitized explosion sound effects. To an extent, the 2600's hardware caused the crash as much as anything. It wasn't meant to last that long, maybe one or two years.

It seems to me as though they were limiting this list to full price games, otherwise I'd expect those terrible Spec Ops games to be on it.

Honestly, they're just looking for new ways to beat a dead horse even after the successes of Unleashed, Colors, and Generations.

You don't find many outlets claiming anything from the Adventures to be anything bad, and those that do tend to use games after them to reinforce their bashing of the early 3D titles. Whether you like them or not, the Adventures are as nostalgic as you can get before crossing into the dark ages of the series, so you know they're trippin balls.

That's just it about Adventure 2, nostalgia.

Also note that they don't mention Adventure 1.

These cries of Bias and Bashing are cracking me up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's on top because it kept happening year after year. You guys realize what the point of this list is, right? A game that basically amounts to a massive gyp, they sell a bunch of copies of a game that no one likes.

If I remember correctly Sa2 wasn't a game "nobody liked" nor was it a terrible game to begin with, and to say its worse than the game that almost killed the series is just simply a gross exaggeration which you cannot justify in anyway beyond petty antagonism and just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

• Thumbs Up 9

Conspiracy theory just told me that Sega paid GT for bashing the games Sega found failed for boost Sonics to look better in comparison.

You could say the same about Adventure 1 though. It doesn't fair any better these days, especially given the poor reception of its recent port. Also, for Adventure 2 to be nostalgic, it would have had to have been enjoyable in the first place.

I can see '06 obviously, but I don't think even the Mario and Sonic franchise, which I don't have a high opinion of, deserves to be on that list. It seems kind of odd that Shadow was left off the list as well, given its sales.

Ah well. They try to provoke a reaction and they get one, I guess.

Edited by Lungo

I can understand 06, and sort of understand Unleashed, but SA2? It's by no means perfect, but by gosh it's nowhere NEAR the level of games like 06! it may be quite flawed, but it's not so buggy it's nearly unplayable! Same goes for Mario and Sonic! This is just mindless Sonic bashing. They are just jumping on the bandwagon, like a bunch of immature teens wearing out the same joke. All I really have to say is.......

• Thumbs Up 3

People are never going to give sonic a break, are they?

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Who the fuck cares?

This shit isn't new and we should be used to it by now, because it's going to happen again and again.

I just find it funny that they put SA2 on that list of all things. I thought GT likes SA2.

It kinda bothers me that they put the entire Sonic series as number 1 as though they're saying that the entire franchise is horrible and Sonic has never been good to begin with and we're wasting our time and money on him. It's insulting as a longtime fan cause I've downloaded Sonic CD on my Samsung yesterday and enjoying it so far only for this list to come out.

Also btw, I'd rather play any of those Sonic games on their list that they claim as worst blockbusters over E.T. anyday of the week

Edited by sonfan1984

SA2 was the debut of Shadow. That makes it obligatory fuel for the fire.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not just Adventure 1, it's both the Adventures.

And also note that they don't mention Shadow the Hedgehog. What, I'm suppose to believe they thought that was good like SA1?

Even more hilarious is that you're defending this when even the commenters at GT of all people see that they're taking the piss here.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh wow, GT picked the Sonic franchise as a whole at the top? When I saw the commotion around the net earlier and this topic title, I thought they had just picked 1 game.