Awoo.

pppp

brave-japanese-poster.png

All i gotta say is i can't wait to see this,it looks amazing,it's such a shame that the American trailer is terrible and makes it look like a generic feminist movie.

Are you looking forward to it too? Discuss.

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 4

I wonder if the guys Disney of Japan think to themselves "You know what? Let's make the movie not look like crap" when making these trailers.

• Thumbs Up 5

I've seen bits and pieces of information about this movie and I already think it's going to be awesome.

I wonder if the guys Disney of Japan think to themselves "You know what? Let's make the movie not look like crap" when making these trailers.

You gotta think about it: The highest-grossing movies in Japan are Ghibli movies(#1 is Spirited Away),so of course the marketing department shows it like that. The highest-grossing movies in America are stupid movies like Avatar,Twilight and Bayformers,so the marketing department makes it look stupid.That's the maketing department's job: To get asses in seats.

The American Tangled trailer did the same,even going to the point of showing scenes that were deleted from the final movie for not being all that good:

Notice how there are scenes in that trailer that are not in the actual movie.

Yes, the marketing direction of the film is reminding me a lot of the Tangled trailers. Then again, it's likely the same marketing teams.

And I'm interested, but not really excited yet. It looks like it'll be a fine film, but I also haven't seen anything to really amaze me yet. It kind of looks like a combination of a Miyazaki film mixed with 3D films like Shrek or How to Train Your Dragon (that 3D film comedy-story based set-up in an older country region). I'm sure it's more than that, and it doesn't look like it'll be a bad film by any stretch, I guess I'm just having a hard time personally getting excited. Part of it is I'm starting to get a bit tired of the traditional 'fantasy' environments and setting. Fantasy can be so much, but almost everyone sticks to this one particular style of fantasy and this one style goes into movies, game, comics, etc.

It also doesn't help this is the film after Cars 2, which left a sour taste in my mouth. Sure it'll be a lot better though.

Edited by Agent York

That Japanese trailer makes Brave look more epic compared to the American trailer. Of course, American advertising is usually shit anyway. Looking forward to this movie, though. Definitely looks better than Pixar's last movie.

Really looking forward to this movie. And that sexy poster and trailer makes me look forward to it even more.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Yeah, really looking forward to this one. That Japanese trailer really changed my mind.

Before, I was thinking that it looked really interesting and I'd probably see it.

Now, It's a must see. Priority uno.

oh, the power marketing holds

This seems to be a common trend with most of the American advertising for Pixar films, most notably The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Up, (especially Ratatouille; that was quite the fuck-up on Disney's end). Then everyone always remembers that Pixar makes good films. I've been excited for Brave before it was cool to be excited for it. =P

Also, here's a special clip that was released awhile ago. Dat ending:

Its Pixar I have enjoy every film they have put out so yes I am looking forward to this, love the art direction it sames different from other Pixar films which isn't a bad thing. smile.png

Jesus, would people stop going on about Cars 2, it wasn't a bad film, if compare to Toy Story yes its average, but its not a bad film. Jesus people how bitch about are just as annoying as those people that whined about Crystal Skull.dry.png

PIxar made a lot of good movies! (Toy Story 2 FTW)!

I think this one would be good, and I hope there won't be a Cars 3.

I haven't seen Cars 2, and I plan to. *Gets notepad ready to write bad stuff about the movie*

I'm really looking forward to this one. It looks very interesting and different than what we usually see come from Pixar, but that's not a bad thing at all! The clip looked great and it looks like this movie should be pretty great. Pixar really hasn't let me down yet. Cars 2 was the weakest of their stuff so far, but it wasn't bad. Just average by their standards. I really like the whole archery aspect of this movie too, so that's also drawing in my attention.

I have to admit though, I don't like the accents; they're incredibly jarring to me.

And before anyone says that it takes place in Scotland, and that they should have Scottish accents as a result:

Last I checked, people in Scotland spoke Scottish, not incredibly gratuitous English. If you're going to have them speak English, have them speak English like any ordinary English speaker would.

I have to admit that when I first heard about this movie I wasn't all that excited (this could of been due to the bad taste cars 2 left me). Though after watching the clip and seeing some of the trailers I am genuinely excited for it. But still, something about this movie just doesn't strike me as a Pixar movie usually does. If I had only been shown some footage and nothing else I would of thought it was something from Dreamworks to be honest. The movie has sort of a "How to Train Your Dragon" feel to it.

PIxar made a lot of good movies! (Toy Story 2 FTW)!

I think this one would be good, and I hope there won't be a Cars 3.

I haven't seen Cars 2, and I plan to. *Gets notepad ready to write bad stuff about the movie*

I hate to say this but, Pixar is doing a Cars 3. They want to end the franchise on a high note (once again). I've heard about this months ago, and I'm not too thrilled about it.

Also, that clip is awesome. And it also looks like I'm not the only one that's getting a How To Train Your Dragon vibe from this movie. XD

I hate to say this but, Pixar is doing a Cars 3. They want to end the franchise on a high note (once again). I've heard about this months ago, and I'm not too thrilled about it.

Also, that clip is awesome. And it also looks like I'm not the only one that's getting a How To Train Your Dragon vibe from this movie. XD

I have to admit though, I don't like the accents; they're incredibly jarring to me.

And before anyone says that it takes place in Scotland, and that they should have Scottish accents as a result:

Last I checked, people in Scotland spoke Scottish, not incredibly gratuitous English. If you're going to have them speak English, have them speak English like any ordinary English speaker would.

I don't understand what you mean. Personally I think that they sound fine, plus Merida is Kelly Macdonald and the King is Billy Connolly, who are both Scottish and the rest are also Scottish actors, English actors or American-Scottish I think? Though I don't know who voices every single character.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 6

Not sure what you're trying to get at. English is the primary language in Scotland, and this is more or less exactly what average Scots sound like. As well as that, looking through the cast, the majority are native to Scotland anyway.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 2

And in 2013, there's gonna be a spin-off to Cars called Planes. Only this time, Disney is making it. Not Pixar.

More major suckage.

Talking F-14s. As an Ace Combat fan, I'll watch it anyway.

Edited by Axl

Well besides the fact that this is Pixar's first time doing and Aarne-Thompson classified fairy-tale scenario, I also find it interesting that Billy Connelly is in it.