Photo

Pixar's Brave

Pixar makes a Ghibli movie :D

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 Discoid

Discoid

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

I actually found it annoying when few if anyone in Valkyrie didn't at least speak in a German accent, especially in hindsight when X-Men: First Class- a superhero movie- bothered going all the way with actual German speech (along with Portuguese and Russian; yae for authenticity). I don't find foreign accents anymore distracting than people of foreign ethnicities in a film. But to each his own. =P

Oh, I'm fine with that as well, actually. Going with the original language is A-Okay, in my book. It's when they decide to speak English with said accent that I feel a weird middle ground has been hit. I'd rather have one or the other.

But like you said, to each his own. I'm not going to waste anyone else's time anymore with my preferences. xP

#42 Kevin

Kevin

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:41 AM

I'm so excited for this time and the Japanese trailer was just downright awesome! The summer movies can't get here soon enough! So much to look forward to!

#43 Axl.EXE

Axl.EXE

Retired Sonic Fan

• TSS Member
  • 1,301 Posts:
  • 3DS:3196-5190-4171
  • PSN:AngledFeuerfox

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Yoo forgoot aboot ya deep fried Mars Bars anda Iron Bru, ya wee numpty! Posted Image

This is why Scotland is the greatest country on Earth.

#44 Roarey Raccoon

Roarey Raccoon

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

I like Cars. Posted Image

I'm sure you do, haha XP. So do I actually, but stay on topic yeah?

#45 TisTheSeasonToBeMarcello

TisTheSeasonToBeMarcello
  • NNID:MarcelloF

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I actually found it annoying when few if anyone in Valkyrie didn't at least speak in a German accent, especially in hindsight when X-Men: First Class- a superhero movie- bothered going all the way with actual German speech (along with Portuguese and Russian; yae for authenticity). I don't find foreign accents anymore distracting than people of foreign ethnicities in a film. But to each his own. =P

I never watched Valkyrie, but I think I'd prefer it without the accents. Story-wise they're speaking German, right? So we're just hearing a translation of that, making it kind of awkward for them to have accents. If they're Germans speaking English, then yeah, an accent is fine.

The latter applies to Brave, I think.

Edited by Marcellove, 08 March 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#46 BW199148

BW199148

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm sure you do, haha XP. So do I actually, but stay on topic yeah?

Sorry Roarz I should of been more clear with that post. What I meant was that I enjoy Pixar Cars and I enjoyed Cars 2 (Pixars previous release) and I can't see everybody hates it? Also just because Cars 2 was weak compare Toy Story 2 doesn't Pixar is doomed. Critics don't mean shit. Posted Image

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this I am really liking the animation style and the more adventure based storyline.Posted Image

#47 BrightLight

BrightLight

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

One of my problems with Cars 2 was that it was a blatant excuse for Disney to sell more toys. Not to mention the predecessor was pretty average when it came out (and probably still is) and considering how well Pixar had written their movies since the movie, I was kinda expecting the sequel to be better. Then of course, they decided to have Mater the main character, which was a big 'love it or hate it' depending on who you ask especially if they have watched any "Mater's Tall Tales" shorts that used to air on The Pixar short special.

But more on topic, Brave looks awesome, can't wait especially after watching that clip.Posted Image

#48 pppp

pppp

In America.

• TSS Member
  • 1,431 Posts:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

One of my problems with Cars 2 was that it was a blatant excuse for Disney to sell more toys.

John Lasseter said in an interview about the bad reception that it was not the case. He just wanted to make a spy movie,so he made it.The Pixar policy is that they only make movies they want to make,and that's what happened. Lasseter wanted to make a spy movie with the "Cars" characters. Why is that so wrong when compared to a rat cooking or an old man flying with balloons attached to his house?

Edited by pppp, 08 March 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#49 Mono

Mono

Duck!

• TSS Member
  • 518 Posts:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

John Lasseter said in an interview about the bad reception that it was not the case. He just wanted to make a spy movie,so he made it.The Pixar policy is that they only make movies they want to make,and that's what happened. Lasseter wanted to make a spy movie with the "Cars" characters. Why is that so wrong when compared to a rat cooking or an old man flying with ballons attached to his house?

Nothing wrong with wanting to make a spy movie with cars, it's only problem was that it wasn't a good movie.

Edited by Jay Rockman, 08 March 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#50 pppp

pppp

In America.

• TSS Member
  • 1,431 Posts:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Nothing wrong with wanting to make a spy movie with cars, it's only problem was that it wasn't a good movie.

That's subjective.For example: Unlike most people I didn't like "The Incredibles" because there was too much action and little character development/drama. Cars 2 was mostly action,but the characters were all already established,so it was easier for me to care,the same way that I'm able to care while watching a Bond movie.

EDIT: Just changed the topic's title so we can keep talking about Cars 2.

Edited by pppp, 08 March 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#51 Nepen-The Other Reindeer

Nepen-The Other Reindeer

It's still a good holiday name!

• SSMB Moderator
  • 8,059 Posts:
  • Steam:NepentheSSMB
  • XBL:NepentheSSMB

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm sorry, but must every Pixar discussion here inevitably fall into the damn Cars 2 trap? It's like when someone merely says SA3 on the Sonic side of things.

#52 'Ferno

'Ferno

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Personally, I liked Cars 2, but it's not really anywhere near the top half of my Pixar list like the original is. (Screw da hataz, I luved the first Cars.)

Though I must say, I would've much rather liked it if Pixar made an original Spy movie with new and original characters, rather than using existing charcacters. Same goes for Toy Story 3 and the "Prison Breakout" dynamic it had, but that's just me.

#53 Holly Jolly Johnny

Holly Jolly Johnny

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

....... Pacha's wife???

Uh, she was just a regular villager. I really want Disney to have a Latina princess one day, just to add to the diversity.

But back on topic, I think a Cars 3 is really a given at this point since the franchise is John Lasseters "baby" just as much as Toy Story was.

#54 VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Snowman tried to approach me and got leery!

• TSSnet Staff
  • 3,718 Posts:
  • Steam:VizardJeffhog
  • NNID:VizardJeffhog
  • XBL:VizardJeffhog

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I liked it better when the topic only spoke of Brave before it spiralled into an off-topic Cars discussion followed by an altering of the title in order to "justify" the Cars discussion.

make like a baby and head out

#55 BW199148

BW199148

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

I feel bad now, I didn't want this to turn into a Cars 2 debate, I just get sick of the negativity towards it and people already jumping to the conclusion that Brave will suck just because they found Cars 2 to be disapointing.Posted Image

Its not aimed at anyone here just comments I see around the net about both films thats all.

#56 Holly Jolly Johnny

Holly Jolly Johnny

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

So who's willing to bet Pixar is gonna snag the best animated Oscar again once brave comes out?

#57 Nepen-The Other Reindeer

Nepen-The Other Reindeer

• SSMB Moderator
  • 8,059 Posts:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Uh, she was just a regular villager.

That was a joke. =P

So who's willing to bet Pixar is gonna snag the best animated Oscar again once brave comes out?

Don't sound so cocky; Rango won this year (sadness; I was rooting for KFP2). Also, Ghibli's put something out and Aardman's returning to the scene as well. The cards are always stacked in Pixar's favor of course, but this year is seeing a nice crop of animated features.

#58 Axl.EXE

Axl.EXE

Retired Sonic Fan

• TSS Member
  • 1,301 Posts:
  • 3DS:3196-5190-4171
  • PSN:AngledFeuerfox

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry, but must every Pixar discussion here inevitably fall into the damn Cars 2 trap? It's like when someone merely says SA3 on the Sonic side of things.

Hey, I liked it. It wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad, either. It's not good enough to own, though. Doc isn't in it, movie not worth buying.

Although it would have done better as a stand-alone spy movie instead of a sequel to Cars, which didn't really need a sequel to begin with.

#59 Nepen-The Other Reindeer

Nepen-The Other Reindeer

• SSMB Moderator
  • 8,059 Posts:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Oh, I wasn't dismissing anyone's opinion on the film so much as asking why people have to get up in arms every single time someone mentions Cars 2 negatively. I see no point in constantly getting annoyed or offended at different opinions versus ignoring them, especially not at the expense of derailing a thread dedicated to what's already looking like a much better film anyway. I mean seriously, forget the Cars series. Forget every other Pixar film. This thread is about Brave, which is still looking awesome despite the lackluster American marketing. (I've actually been refusing to watch the Japanese trailer. Everyone says it's amazing, but I'm afraid of any spoilers as a result. I want to be in the dark as much as possible). That's all I'll say on the matter.

#60 Grinch Kuzu

Grinch Kuzu
  • Steam:BlackYakuzu94
  • NNID:Boodedge
  • PSN:BlackYakuzu94

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I don't hate Cars 2, I just don't really care about it.

So..when is this coming out anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users