Awoo.

pppp

I'm sorry, but must every Pixar discussion here inevitably fall into the damn Cars 2 trap? It's like when someone merely says SA3 on the Sonic side of things.

• Thumbs Up 8

Personally, I liked Cars 2, but it's not really anywhere near the top half of my Pixar list like the original is. (Screw da hataz, I luved the first Cars.)

Though I must say, I would've much rather liked it if Pixar made an original Spy movie with new and original characters, rather than using existing charcacters. Same goes for Toy Story 3 and the "Prison Breakout" dynamic it had, but that's just me.

....... Pacha's wife???

Uh, she was just a regular villager. I really want Disney to have a Latina princess one day, just to add to the diversity.

But back on topic, I think a Cars 3 is really a given at this point since the franchise is John Lasseters "baby" just as much as Toy Story was.

I liked it better when the topic only spoke of Brave before it spiralled into an off-topic Cars discussion followed by an altering of the title in order to "justify" the Cars discussion.

make like a baby and head out

I feel bad now, I didn't want this to turn into a Cars 2 debate, I just get sick of the negativity towards it and people already jumping to the conclusion that Brave will suck just because they found Cars 2 to be disapointing.sleep.png

Its not aimed at anyone here just comments I see around the net about both films thats all.

• Thumbs Up 2

So who's willing to bet Pixar is gonna snag the best animated Oscar again once brave comes out?

I'm sorry, but must every Pixar discussion here inevitably fall into the damn Cars 2 trap? It's like when someone merely says SA3 on the Sonic side of things.

Hey, I liked it. It wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad, either. It's not good enough to own, though. Doc isn't in it, movie not worth buying.

Although it would have done better as a stand-alone spy movie instead of a sequel to Cars, which didn't really need a sequel to begin with.

Oh, I wasn't dismissing anyone's opinion on the film so much as asking why people have to get up in arms every single time someone mentions Cars 2 negatively. I see no point in constantly getting annoyed or offended at different opinions versus ignoring them, especially not at the expense of derailing a thread dedicated to what's already looking like a much better film anyway. I mean seriously, forget the Cars series. Forget every other Pixar film. This thread is about Brave, which is still looking awesome despite the lackluster American marketing. (I've actually been refusing to watch the Japanese trailer. Everyone says it's amazing, but I'm afraid of any spoilers as a result. I want to be in the dark as much as possible). That's all I'll say on the matter.

I don't hate Cars 2, I just don't really care about it.

So..when is this coming out anyway?

Oh, I wasn't dismissing anyone's opinion on the film so much as asking why people have to get up in arms every single time someone mentions Cars 2 negatively. I see no point in constantly getting annoyed or offended at different opinions versus ignoring them, especially not at the expense of derailing a thread dedicated to what's already looking like a much better film anyway. I mean seriously, forget the Cars series. Forget every other Pixar film. This thread is about Brave, which is still looking awesome despite the lackluster American marketing. (I've actually been refusing to watch the Japanese trailer. Everyone says it's amazing, but I'm afraid of any spoilers as a result. I want to be in the dark as much as possible). That's all I'll say on the matter.

So let's rename the topic then, because that way we can actually see that it's about Brave and it's not a general Pixar topic.

So..when is this coming out anyway?

June 22nd, so it's not too far off.

So let's rename the topic then, because that way we can actually see that it's about Brave and it's not a general Pixar topic.

That certainly works for me. Thank you. xP (Although it's weird. I could've sworn this topic was originally titled "Pixar's Brave.")

• Thumbs Up 1

This doesn't look as interesting as I hoped it would. I'll probably watch it anyway when it comes out.

Pixar clearly doesn't give a shit about merchandise sales. They made a movie about a RAT. How do you put a rat on a product? Would you like a fluffy rat doll?

They wanted to make a movie about a cooking rat and they did it. They're honey badgers. They just don't give a shit.

So I recently, went over to the Pixar planet forums and one of the members saw a test screening of the film. And here's the kicker, this is actually going to be a Disney princess film without a romance angle. Holy crap, I'm more excited than ever to see this movie now.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Well, Mulan didn't really have a romance angle either, or at least one prominent enough to bother caring about. The crux of her story was sparing her father from active duty, and she barely ended up with Shang at the end anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

After watching the Japanese trailer, I'm looking forward to it, but my expectations are still not too high. I don't think I'll be dissapointed though. =)

Well, Mulan didn't really have a romance angle either, or at least one prominent enough to bother caring about. The crux of her story was sparing her father from active duty, and she barely ended up with Shang at the end anyway.

Well at least they got married in the sequel. Still while I do find it interesting I also find it a bit weird that Merida is probably going to be the only Disney Princess without a love interest.

It is unprecedented as far as Disney movies go, but I don't think it too weird as this is primarily a Pixar production after all. With the story angles and marketing they've been toting, a love interest hasn't even crossed my mind. Closest thing we've seen to that are the nimrods shooting for her hand in the clip, and they're primarily just comedic fodder anyway. I admit it's a cool divergence from animated film tradition, but I'm more interested in the finer details of the conflict. I mean, I hear there's talk of people actually turning into bears?

Don't answer if you know; I want to find out come June. =P

Edited by Nepenthe

Don't worry all I know is that there's no romance. Hell I didn't even bother highlighting the spoiler tags when I was over there.

I don't care about the lack of romance. I care more that Disney has for decades felt compelled to have all of its leading females shack up with the first remotely nice guy they come across, if not in their first movie then usually in the tacked on and wholly unnecessary and rubbish straight-to-video sequels...

Pixar clearly doesn't give a shit about merchandise sales. They made a movie about a RAT. How do you put a rat on a product? Would you like a fluffy rat doll?

I own two rat plushies already, as well as three live rats =3

So yes, yes I would. As would my niece because she just love animals.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course kids would.

I own two rat plushies already, as well as three live rats =3

So yes, yes I would. As would my niece because she just love animals.

Way to respond to a rhetorical question, you guys.

I don't care about the lack of romance. I care more that Disney has for decades felt compelled to have all of its leading females shack up with the first remotely nice guy they come across, if not in their first movie then usually in the tacked on and wholly unnecessary and rubbish straight-to-video sequels...

Edited by Axl