• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Masahiro Sakurai

Masahiro Sakurai

What's a Palutena?

• TSS Member
  • 1,177 Posts:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Finally got to watch it. Just like i expected, i loved itPosted Image A great story, great characters, gorgeous animation, wonderful music. The movie is nowhere as slapstick-heavy as the marketing suggests like i always knew. In fact most of the slapstick scenes in the trailers and promos aren't even in the movie. It's a movie with a great atmosphere and can get pretty violent and dark when it needs to.

It may not be Pixar's best movie, but i will definitely say it's one of their best.

#102 BW199148

BW199148

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Wow, I really enjoyed this one. I liked the setting and the fact the film was not a typical Princess film where the Princess wants to meet Prince charming and be a Princess. Instead Merida is very free spirited and her character can appeal both to females and males.

The animation was really good.

Spoiler

I thought the conflict between the mother and daughter was well done and I could actually sympathize with both characters Merida's Mother isn't cruel she just wants what is best for her daughter though her problem she is too caught up into her traditions and royal protocols that she doesn't see the positive qualities in Merida's free spirit until their in trouble.

The comedy was great although its a shame we didn't get a more balanced trailer between the Mother/Daughter conflict and the comedic elements.

The voice acting was really good with a surprisingly good cast I didn't know Emma Thompson played the Queen as I am used to her performing with English accents and I was glad that most of the actors were Scottish.

So I say that this movie shows that Pixar is still solid at making entraining movies with great heart-warming stories.

Also the short La Luna short is cute! Posted Image

#103 Masahiro Sakurai

Masahiro Sakurai

What's a Palutena?

• TSS Member
  • 1,177 Posts:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Also the short La Luna short is cute! Posted Image

Oh yeah i forgot about the short. The short was fantastic, it managed to deliver a great message subtlely. No dialog whatsoever Posted Image In my opinion it's Pixar's best short yet. Definitely better than that mess that was "Day & Night"Posted Image .

Edited by pppp, 17 August 2012 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users