Awoo.

KONY 2012

Strickerx5

Just saw this earlier, I'm going to quote what I told another person:

I see some comments saying that the government needs to help us first, but stopping this guy will leave a positive effect on everything/everyone.

Mostly because it means that we wont take anyone's bullshit and it wont be tolerated. It goes above a learning experience, it shows that we as people can and will mature and make a better future for others.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't disagree with the cause (at least, based on my extremely limited knowledge of Uganda and politics in general), but I was really put off by that video. I mean, it takes nearly five minutes to mention that it's even about Uganda and more than eight minutes to mention Kony's name... I guess turning the whole thing into a mystery makes it more marketable, but I found it kind of obnoxious. Even a short 'this is a bad man and we are trying to stop him because reasons' blurb at the beginning would have helped.

Just watched the whole video. Its a shame that its only really just gone viral now, nevertheless. I'll be supporting it.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles

I was just getting ready to make a thread about this, the word really does need to be spread.

As mentioned by Rabid-Noodles, it's a shame and..actually kind of a shock to me that something like this took so many years to finally be recognized. Nobody knew any of this was going on until recently and now practically everyone knows. This video has been spreading like wildfire. The things he's doing to innocent children is absolutely inhumane and I'll do as much as I can to help this cause.

I'm right behind this. Unfortunately I can't help much in the way of donations (being a poor student and all) but I'll still do anything I can.

FOR JUSTICE

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure how far this whole campaign will go, but I'm seriously hoping that this cause is fulfilled. Someone who has succumbed to scumbag tactics like that for their own personal gain for this long definitely need to be stopped.

I wish I could do more, but I don't have much money. I guess the best thing we could do is continue to spread the word as much as we can...

Saw this on Tumblr like everytime I refreshed my Dashboard yesterday. Makes me sick to know these people exist. I also really hate how he kills and abducts "in the name of God". Look buddy, maybe you need to read the Ten Commandments again and notice one of them is THOU SHALL NOT KILL!

• Thumbs Up 1

Look buddy, maybe you need to read the Ten Commandments again and notice one of them is THOU SHALL NOT KILL!

Maybe he skipped that part along with a few brain cells. dry.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Damn, I'm trying to pledge and the site is being unresponsive. I plan to send a message to every famous person and scum poltical figure! But when I do that, it gives me an xml error. Hmmm.....

EDIT: Finally got the pledge to work with another browser, now on the the famous people.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I find it pretty bizarre that people are suddenly talking about Kony now, and that this has gone viral in the same week that my friend is pitching her novel which tackles issues surrouning the LRA/Kony/Child soldiers/Uganda. Why has it been allowed to go on for so long!?

• Thumbs Up 4

Another nutcase may take his place? Take him out too.

This guy did a pretty damn good job staying under the radar for so long But nobody can hide forever. I like seeing causes like this, they make me feel that the world isn't all that bad.

Wow...just, wow.

A saying in Assassins Creed 2 sums my feelings perfectly about this guy. "Sometimes, some people need to die to make this world a better place"

EDIT: "I Can't Stop"...I love that song!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Lord's Resistance Army. Look it up if you're too lazy to watch the video.

Should give you a clue on what's happening.

Another megalomaniac? This is the first time I've heard about this situation...but I'm not suprised to learn of another nutcase out there...

Are pledges really going to help though? Or spreading the word? ...we'll just have to wait and see, I guess...a well placed sniper would have a better effect...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm signing the pledge. Me and my sister have decided to take part in this campaign in our local area.

The biggest problem I can see with this is now we'll be all 'Yeah let stop this bastard' But the internet has the attention span of a goldfish. This could all be forgotten by this time next week. We need to keep bringing this up time and time again, otherwise this will completely die out and Kony will kill more in his greed for power.

Who else is going to take part in cover the night on the 20th April?

Edited by iVYRAVE

Sorry I'm a little late just saw the video an hour ago wow pretty intense stuff very emotional, moving and powerful, the pictures and small clips of children being kidnapped by Kony were really upsetting to watch/look at and I felt so sorry for that boy and what they did to his brother was horrible :( sadly I can't help by donating (I feel guilty that I can't donate) but I will do 2 things that can help them the most I will share this video so my friends, family and others are aware of this and I shall continue to support them all the way. This man is vile he really needs to be taken down it's just sick and terrible that he's been doing this for the past years though if they succeed in capturing him I worry another person might take his place but I'm still right behind this 100% so those poor children can reunite with their family and no longer suffer the consequences.

I find it pretty bizarre that people are suddenly talking about Kony now, and that this has gone viral in the same week that my friend is pitching her novel which tackles issues surrouning the LRA/Kony/Child soldiers/Uganda. Why has it been allowed to go on for so long!?

My thoughts exactly. While it's great that awareness is being raised and I hope Kony will eventually faces justice for the horrible things he's done, I find it odd that it's getting awareness now when this has been going on for years.

I like the cause and that more people are being aware of it, but no fucking way am I paying a shady organization that have been known to finance the Ugandan military and supporting military intervention. Considering what these guys have been up to, it makes Kony look like nothing more than a footnote within the bigger picture; one that the US has been aware of for quite some time and been on the look-out for. People don't even seem to realize that Kony isn't even in Uganda.

Also, the video itself is pretty pretentious.

Also, moved to Chit-Chat.

• Thumbs Up 7

Hrmm. Saw this on the news this morning after skimming over the topic on it here, as well as the topic on NationStates.

Talk about news travelling fast.