Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

The strangest thing I saw were the Magic Mirrors in 06. For a game that's supposed to be "Realistic," taking a Magic Mirror is out of place. Heck, Sonic Adventure had you take trains, boats, and you actually went through places (hence the name: Adventure). A close 2nd would be the enemies from Crisis City (same game). Fire demons don't belong in a Sonic game (although they can be?) and I feel that the series has SEVERAL things. What is the strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

Thank you! Have a nice day!

• Thumbs Up 2

In my copy of SA1 on the Dreamcast, these really weird, squeaky noises would play every time I was about to do a character fight between Knuckles and Sonic/Tails in the Mystic Ruins. I always thought that was pretty weird. They seem to have been taken out for SADX though.

Most of the male casts eyes, Sonic being a good example.

Like, what is it? Is he technically a cyclops? How does blinking work? Does it stay separate until the point where the eyes connect, does the eyebrow connect too? How do his eyebrows work?

That's been bothering me since forever.

Kinda this for me. I've always wondered if Sonic technically has "eyes" or an "eye." It's like he's haxing by putting two pupils on one eyeball, >:U.

Other than that, and this is kinda subjective, but for some reason I never see Tails as a "fox" honestly. I mean as soon as I'm asked or reminded to check his animal type, of course I think of it then, but something about his design just doesn't say "fox" to me for some reason. I don't know if I've grown up with him for too long or gotten used to fox designs in so many other things, but it just baffles me sometimes. I often blame the short snout (I liked it when it was a tad longer like Classic Tails), but it could honestly be anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's strange that Tails has 2 tails.

No, really, why does he have 2 tails? He could have only 1 tail and still fly with it ala Conker the Squirrel... so what was the point in giving him 2 tails?

I mean, I know that it's what makes him unique, but... why does he have 2 tails?!

• Thumbs Up 2

No, really, why does he have 2 tails? He could have only 1 tail and still fly with it ala Conker the Squirrel... so what was the point in giving him 2 tails?

I mean, I know that it's what makes him unique, but... why does he have 2 tails?!

Well I guess Tails was born in the Chernobyl.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's a reference to Japanese myth where foxes had multiple tails, the amount depending on their age. Also this way they look more like helicopter blades when spinning.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 5

It's a reference to Japanese myth where foxes had multiple tails, the amount depending on their age. Also this way they look more like helicopter blades when spinning.

Tails spin-jump ability has always bothered me. Its nice that he can mimic his idol, but without the spines Sonic has, how in the world is that 10 pound fluff ball supposed to shear its way through badniks? He shouldn't be able to jump on top of a motobug and cleave it in two. I could believe Knuckles ability to do so well enough (at least he has dreads and he is an Echidna) but Tails should bounce off harmlessly.

I never try to put too much thought into it... but every now and then the idea creeps up while I'm playing Sonic 2.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 5