Awoo.

Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia to follow JSR.

killemoff

Though if they leave the extra censorship behind I won't mind.
CENSORSHIP? Do tell !! I had no idea the GC version was censored, the only version I've played to completion was the DC one.

I'm actually shocked to see how many gamers I talk to have NOT played SHENMUE. It's not just a game, it is an experience. Trust me when I say to all of you who haven't played it, you will not be disappointed and will be drooling for the sequel.

...especially after how the first game ends.

I might have to pick up JSR, even though I already own the DC version.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

CENSORSHIP? Do tell !! I had no idea the GC version was censored, the only version I've played to completion was the DC one.

The American Dreamcast version was slightly censored to remove references to smoking and alcohol, cleaned up some dialogue (something something rape scene), and slightly cleaned up one scantily clad character. The Gamecube version was censored in all territories.

Taken from hg101.

Minor/cosmetic stuff, though. Doesn't hinder the game.

edit:

VVV ur too slow VVV

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 1

Skies of Arcadia was the shit. I played the Legends version (I was pretty late to the party) and I loved it. Hopefully they keep the updated content the GC game had but put the original music back in.

GC version is the same as the DC version.

It was already censored on Dreamcast when they made the English-language version. Traces of cigarettes were removed, alcohol was changed to a fictional drink, and one character was given less revealing clothing.

The Game Cube release didn't change anything else, but it when it was re-released in Japan it had all of the English censorship changes.

So basically the GC version wasn't any more censored unless you were in Japan.

Edit: Ninja Ninja Ninja bullshit believe it!

EDIT: ^^^ Don't sass me, boy. ^^^

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have people actually been screaming for Sonic Shuffle? Every time it is brought up here, the at most four-to-five people who have played it basically just spend their time ripping into how bad it was.

Hi. Hello. I've always liked Sonic Shuffle and whenever I see it being brought up I always talk about enjoying it.

I'm not really advocating releasing it over something like Sonic Adventure 2 (Who would?), but I wouldn't mind a re-release of Sonic Shuffle at all. It has to have netplay tho'. Otherwise it's kind of pointless.

Anywho. Sounds awesome. I'd love to replay Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia sometime in the near future. But really man, we need Sonic Adventure 2.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Shuffle was awesome if you had people to play with.

It freaks me out that people on a Sega/Sonic Forum haven't played Skies, JSR or Shenmue. I mean what the heeeeelll guys!! dreamcast!!

My Dreamcast library is extremely expansive and I still haven't scratched the surface of every game I want to play on that console. Every time I get a new game, I remember that there are six more masterpieces out there that are still beyond my grasp.

The Dreamcast has soooooooo many games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm the only person here who hated Shenmue, aren't I? :v

Oh well, I might pick up the JSR rerelease, even though I already have all three of those games.

I've never finished Shenmue on the Dreamcast cause of Ryo's job in the 3rd disc. The game won't progress for me.

It would be perfect if Shenmue 2 was coming too, they could be easily put together. Plus, I think Shenmue 2 is better anyway.

Sweet! It's great to see more DC games on XBLA. (Especially fan favorites like Shenmue and JSR that I haven't gotten the chance to try out.) Here's hoping for another DC Sonic game to complete this set of four for a Dreamcast Collection 2 budget retail release. I'm personally hoping for a Sonic Shuffle rerelease. (What? It's a lot of fun with friends and it's the only DC Sonic game that HASN'T been rereleased in any form. All they would have to do is cut the load times, slightly remaster the graphics a bit, and maybe add in online play and we've got a winner! :))

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet! It's great to see more DC games on XBLA. (Especially fan favorites like Shenmue and JSR that I haven't gotten the chance to try out.) Here's hoping for another DC Sonic game to complete this set of four for a Dreamcast Collection 2 budget retail release. I'm personally hoping for a Sonic Shuffle rerelease. (What? It's a lot of fun with friends and it's the only DC Sonic game that HASN'T been rereleased in any form. All they would have to do is cut the load times, slightly remaster the graphics a bit, and maybe add in online play and we've got a winner! smile.png)

I hope for Sonic Adventure 2, theres always hope for a Dreamcast Collection 3 with Sonic Shuffle and Shenmue 2

At this point in the generation, I would much rather Sega hold off on the revivals now until the next generation of consoles is at least a year old, that way any updates of old games can look that much more spectacular. If they put these things onto present day consoles they'll certainly wow audiences, especially the several fandoms involved, but I fear that the generation only has a couple more decent years left in it at best (a more likely scenario has this year being the last truly "great" year) before the next generation swings into our homes like so many electronic Tarzan robots.

TL;DR: It's a bit late in the day for this to happen. Best do it on the next batch o' consoles.

Skies of Arcadia: Damn i'm happy :)

Shenmue: If I could cry tears of happiness, I would. I can't put my finger on it what makes it so special - it's an experience. I do think they need to update the control method slightly (I remember you used the D-Pad to move and hold the L-trigger to run, which i'm cool with, but newer players will find baffling).

I will pay SO. MUCH. MONEY. for Shenmue III. I'm not kidding.

Did I mention i'm a happy man? <3

Why D'OH? He just said it hasn't been finished for a year. Which isn't surprising at all. Shenmue and SOA seem to still be coming. I'd be surprised if Shenmue 2 wouldn't follow it up.

Jet Set Radio. Truthfully speaking, I never actually played it. However the sequel for Xbox IS one of my favorite games of all time. Why? The graphics, the music (DEAR GOD THE MUSIC), the gamplay, the characters, and the freaking music (No seriously, have you people ever heard Teknopathetic?! Hideki Naganuma please do the music for my wedding)!! After playing it a billion times and taking the time to listen to the first game's OST (Electric Tooth Bruuuuuush), I said to myself, "I MUST play the original game."

Too bad my Dreamcast has controllers that don't function and that game is most likely a fortune, but now since it's being re-released I can experience it! I am sooooo stoked!

I kinda want to know about Shenmue too. That game has serious hype.