Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

Glad to see Half Minute Hero Two, I've been waiting for that game for so fucking long so I hope this is legit.

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate HD

>warner thinks that game didn't sell because it was on a handheld

>warner thinks it'll sell if it gets an hd version

>it didn't sell because it was shit

cute.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Necrobumping for a bunch of supposed "leaks" and trivias: someone who claims to work at Ubisoft called Sam has been giving on /v/ a bunch of infos on the company's plans for the future.

Now, it's most likely to be fake since there are no proof and we had just a couple of days ago Indigo trolling everyone with Sonic fake leaks, but from what the guy is saying, i may find it true. Reguardless, take all of this with a huge truck of salt.

Also, there are potential spoilers of upcoming games, so be warned:

*A new Splinter Cell is in development for the first time it won't use Unreal Engine,but it will take advantage from Next Gen Anvil.It will use some of elements from open world games ( just like SC 6 Blacklist)-you will find your way to complete you objective.

*There was a new Prince of Persia game in development by Climax Studios, but Ubisoft didn't liked the direction it was taking, so they re-converted it in the India segment of AC Chronicles.

*No real new plans for Rayman so far; the closest thing we have are concepts and artworks, but nothing concrete for now.

*Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in a very bad spot: they had to rework the story multiple times and they're still stuck. Ubisoft is considering going the FFVII remake rout and making it episodic or still with huge emphasis on DLC episodes.

*AC IV was originally going to be a separate pirate-themed new IP, but the company thought it would have not sell well enough, so they reworked it into the next AC title.

*When THQ went bankrupt, Ubisoft was almost immediately interested in taking South Park: The Stick of Truth because they saw potential on it, and they planned to make it a trilogy. So we might get another game after Fractured But Whole.

*Here's the one that may be the most unbelievable: In Far Cry: Primal there is going to be guns. About ~two hours into the game aliens will crashland, and from there on you use their technology to save your tribe after they're abducted by the aliens while you're out hunting. Also, this plot point is taken from a concept from cancelled/reworekd Rabbids from outer space

*We can be excited for this year's E3. It will be more interesting than the past 3 ones.

*New Child of Light in development, althought it will be digital only.

*There was a ship battle game in development, but it got sold to another developer.

Link to the threads: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/323300254#p323300254 and http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/323313990/ubisoft-worker-from-earlier#p323313990

I'm not sure what to think of this. The Far Cry bit sound too hazardous to be true, but then again, it sounds like something Ubisoft would do to a game. Opinions?

PS: The second thread is getting updated as i'm posting this post. If new things pop up, i'll add them.

3 minutes ago, TR-8Rskaven said:

*There was a new Prince of Persia game in development by Climax Studios, but Ubisoft didn't liked the direction it was taking, so they re-converted it in the India segment of AC Chronicles.

This is true. We've seen pictures of it as PoP.

4 minutes ago, TR-8Rskaven said:

*Here's the one that may be the most unbelievable: In Far Cry: Primal there is going to be guns. About ~two hours into the game aliens will crashland, and from there on you use their technology to save your tribe after they're abducted by the aliens while you're out hunting. Also, this plot point is taken from a concept from cancelled/reworekd Rabbids from outer space

This part kills the rumor. This is definitely not going to happen. 

I'm not sure a new Splinter Cell being made is realistic either, since as far as I know Blacklist bombed.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Pink Cat said:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/250670-inside-sources-leaking-info-on-unannounced-nintendo-published-wi

Hmm, new Wii U game is apparently being announced on Monday, made by Nintendo.

I'm going take a wild guess and assume it's a EShop game.

Ooh! I definitely have something to look forward to on Monday, if this is true.

Wonder what it could be? You might be right, Pink, it might be an eShop game.

This time, Mario & Luigi from the Mario & Luigi universe end up in Paper Mario's world. Seriously though, if it does exist I hope to god it's an actual rpg this time. Super Paper Mario was fine, but Stickerstar was just not the way to go.

I hope for their sake that it's not another minimal-originality entry.  I'm not sure the fandom can take it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• The title was changed to The Gaming Rumors Thread: This week - Paper Mario returns, in it's original form?

I consider Sticker Star to have been a reimagining or even reboot of the Paper Mario series - there's just utterly no way it could possibly take place in the same universe as the past games considering it's the only one to acknowledge its paper-based world to any extent. In which case I don't see it in Nintendo's best interests to revisit the style of past games; it would mean that they'd have to admit Sticker Star a mistake.

In either case whether this rumor turns out true, I'm not getting my hopes up about it. You can also bet on Nintendo whoring out an entirely new line of amiibo cards for this game.

Playing Paper Jam wants me to get in the paper mario series. 

Honestly I can believe that Paper Jam is testing the waters with Paper Mario, especially if this rumor is true.

• 1 month later...

Oh my....

NINTENDO FUNDING BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL SEQUEL?

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is one of those games that has been rumored to exist for years while still staying weirdly in limbo every time it is discussed. Ubisoft insists the project has not been canned, and brings it up multiple times each year, but nothing concrete seems to surface.

According to a rumor received by Destructoid this week, the game may actually come to fruition in the not-too-distant future. If the information is to be believed, Nintendo has pulled a Bayonetta 2, securing the Beyond Good and Evil sequel as an NX exclusive for 2017.

So, what's our source here? Our initial source of the rumor comes from Alexander Maier, the Dual Pixels writer who published Geno's recent NX hardware rumors last weekend. Geno, who has successfully leaked new Pokémon forms and Microsoft's IllumiRoom project, provided Maier with a lengthy document, which was passed on to Destructoid to assess for veracity.

More here

Hopefully this is true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Beyond Good & Evil 2 being Nintendo exclusive is a very interesting development if true, and it would definitely be a big selling point for the NX (well, maybe not big, but a reason to get the hardcore crowd to splash their cash at any rate). Heck, it'd basically be Bayonetta 2 all over again. What is it with Nintendo and sequels to cult classics lately, eh? :lol: 

It doesn't seem like BG&E2 is coming any time soon - how long has it been since that teaser trailer we got for it?! - so this all seems pretty legit. Ubisoft probably want to focus their finances on Assassin's Creed etc, Nintendo needs a big name game to stick on its new system, badda bing badda boom it all makes sense.

5 hours ago, Doctor MK said:

Heck, it'd basically be Bayonetta 2 all over again.

The difference being, the original BG&E was avaible also for the GameCube, so at least it has a precedent on Nintendo.

Still, what a weird rumor; so weird it sounds believable (even though last i checked the Ubisoft and Nintendo affairs were not so good).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Resident Evil 7 at E3; Return to the Series' Horror Roots

1) About Resident Evil 7: Yes, it's in development. The entire game will go back to RE's horror roots and (essentially) be a clean slate.

2) They will show it at E3. The RE7 team hired Jordan Amaro, a designer who previously worked on MGS V and P. T. at Kojima Productions. /end

https://twitter.com/serkantoto

Sounds good. The series could use a Resident Evil 4 of sorts.

I don't know, with the remake of RE 2 in the making, it seems weird to have a new mainstream title be announced now. We'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the two systems exist within the same OS ecosystem, and there is a strong link between them (each can play the other's games without much loss), then it only makes sense that they'd launch their next generation portfolio within a certain time frame, otherwise the inter-system link gets neglected from day one and the feature generally gets shelved, with one or two noted exceptions.

Edit: MH isn't real, merely an investment firm speculation:

Nintendo “MH” handheld rumors are “a scenario” pictured by investment firm

The rumor stemmed from a Morgan Stanley Japan note which speculated the device would release worldwide in March alongside Nintendo NX.

Tokyo-based game industry consultancy firm Kantan Games said the report is a speculative scenario. Such “forward-thinking” analysis is common with investment firms, and not to take a March release nor the codename for a new handheld as gospel.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/24/nintendo-mh-handheld-rumors-are-a-scenario-pictured-by-investment-firm/

Edit #2: Prey 2 to make a return at E3 2016, during Bethesda's conference? Maybe!

here’s a lot of talk about a Prey 2 revival at E3 2016

Thanks to a recent update to a couple of Prey domains, the internet started has once again started talking about the long lost shooter.

Prey2.com and Prey3.com were both recently updated to redirect to a hidden Facebook page that’s not yet live.

Updates like these are usually done in anticipation of big announcements, and with E3 inching closer and closer, this could indicate Bethesda is due to re-announcing the game next month.

Prey fansite Alien Noire tweeted that an announcement will be made on June 14, the first day of E3. Seeing as Bethesda’s conference falls on Sunday, June 12, this could be an error on their part.

Whatever it ends up being, it will probably be completely reworked, and may very well look quite a bit different from the E3 2011 demo that generated so much buzz.

In 2014, Bethesda said Prey 2 has been cancelled. The news wasn’t officially announced, but was rather dropped – seemingly casually – during an interview with Bethesda VP Pete Hines.

The year before that, a round of leaked internal emails suggested original developer Human Head had been taken off the project. Arkane Austin was said to be Prey 2’s new home, which, when put in context, means the game was never outright cancelled.

Bethesda’s E3 2016 briefing starts 7am PDT on June 12.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/25/theres-a-lot-of-talk-about-a-prey-2-revival-at-e3-2016/

I loved the original and was bitterly disappointed when the second game was so casually canned, so a sequel of any kind would be welcome in my books.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it counts as a rumor, but i didn't found a better place to post it: Hideki Kamiya and Platinum Games want to make both Bayonetta 3 and Okami 2.

Of course, between wanting to do something and actually doing it there's a difference, but at least it's interesting to know it may be happen soon. Also, as far as i remember, Kamiya is not a troll creator like say, Ed Boon, so he probably means these words; who knows, maybe Bayonetta 3 may be a Nintendo NX launch title.

4 hours ago, Hildibrandskaven said:

Not sure if it counts as a rumor, but i didn't found a better place to post it: Hideki Kamiya and Platinum Games want to make both Bayonetta 3 and Okami 2.

Of course, between wanting to do something and actually doing it there's a difference, but at least it's interesting to know it may be happen soon. Also, as far as i remember, Kamiya is not a troll creator like say, Ed Boon, so he probably means these words; who knows, maybe Bayonetta 3 may be a Nintendo NX launch title.

If there ever is a Bayonetta 3, they better ignore this monster:

GC: …I preferred Bayonetta’s first haircut.
PR woman: [laughs]
HK: Then we will take that into account when we design her haircut when we start doing 3, if we ever make 3.

• 3 months later...

Michel Ancel is now teasing Beyond Good & Evil 2

Ubisoft France has this to say:

"Michel Ancel has an Instagram account and we recommend that you pay close attention to it..."

The game definitely seems to be still happening, so we could be hearing something about the game soon. If the rumors of NX exclusivity are true, maybe at it's reveal. Or potentially Paris Games Week?

• Thumbs Up 2