Awoo.

Triple Trouble tops eShop sales charts

famicommander

That's mighty impressive! I'm happy to see a Sonic game top the charts every once in a while. Hope this'll hold for a little while longer.

I know Triple Trouble is pretty much the best Sonic game gear game, but damn I did not expect that at all.

Also just noticed Shinobi sneaking into the bottom of the charts. Good to see some more Game Gear love.

If only someone besides me had bought Shinobi 3DS. That game pretty much nails the Shinobi formula.

CD was number one most downloaded on PSN for December and no 1 on itunes a month or two back. Was up against some heavy hitters too at the time like GTA3.

Meanwhile Labyrinth will get no love. *kicks Labyrinth* I didn't even know TT was out on 3DS.

Ah, it's always nice to see my favorite hedgehog getting lots of love from the public.

• Thumbs Up 2

Makes sense. As a person who had a Game Gear, Sonic Triple Trouble is my favorite of the GG Sonic games. Quite a well-designed game, and had Nack the Weasel.

Hopefully this'll bring a positive reaction from Sonic Team in future games.

This just in: Sonic Triple Trouble is better than Link's Awakening and Kirby's Adventure.

(This is still awesome though, as Triple Trouble is pretty much THE ultima Game Gear game.)

Edited by Place

That's crazy, it wasn't even advertised or anything. Nice to see the franchise getting back into the mainstream, even with little things like this. It's a shame that the main games like Generations and Colors don't really top any charts, but that's to be expected going alongside franchises like Call of Duty and New Super Mario Bros.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic topping the original Super Mario Bros on a Nintendo system?

Ouch

Somewhere, some Sega exec is pulling an Aaron Rodgers esc belt check right now.

Nintendo Everything has posted the eShop sales charts for the week ending March 26:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble

Source: http://nintendoevery...p-charts-32612/

Obviously it would be better if we had some actual sell-through numbers, but it looks like Sonic is definitely popular with 3DS audiences so far.

Wow, go Triple Trouble. Frankly, I think out of the five "main" Game Gear Sonic games, Triple Trouble is one of the less enjoyable ones, but it's great to see Sonic rocking the 3DS charts.

Now give me my Sonic 2, Sega.

Guys, I don't think this really says much. eShop titles are ALWAYS bought in droves (Especially when the game comes from a series as popular as Sonic) right when they come out and games like Awakening DX, Super Mario Land 2, 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure, Pushmo and so on have been out for months and they're STILL on this weeks list.

Also, remember that the eShop hasn't had any major updates in a month due to that long streak of 3DSware ending with DRW. So STH:TT being on there doesn't suprise me in the slightest, though it is good that it's number 1 right now.

EDIT: Wow, this sounds really pessimistic, doesn't it?

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Joykill.

Tbh, Red Cap has a point there. It's cool and all, but not that surprising.

Killer news! Who would have thought Sonic would be number on a Nintendo console? Sonic has truly come a long way. I might buy that in the eShop someday.

I think this only proves Sonic Team need to bring Nack the Weasel back!!!wink.png

Hopefully this'll kick start some thinking gears in SEGA somewhere and while they're in the mood of retro revival somebody will think of some way to bring back the cool things from this game, like rocket shoes, and Nack.