Awoo.

Cartoon Planet Returns!

AdventChild

Cartoon Planet? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't say I remember it. Though I definitely remember Dexter, PPG, and motherf*cking SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST HELL YEAH!!!

Cartoon Network is going back to their original logo for their 20th anniversary! That tells you something...

Edited by novelty

I have boomerang for that, I don't need a block of classic cartoon's from CN thank you. If this, however, means no more live action BS than by all means bring them back. I would prefer it if they brought Megas back with new episodes and maybe new iterations of the older cartoons like PPG/Dexter's for the new generation.

This is good news! I'm glad that they are bringing back cartoons such as the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter, especially when you consider that the majority of them nowadays aren't even worth watching...Cartoon Planet will provide kids an opportunity to see some good cartoons. smile.png

The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sigh.

So is Space Ghost back as well? that'd be interesting, hahahahah. A samurai jack continuation would be amazing though.

Dearest Zorak and Brak.. it has been too long. Waaaay too long.

I think I'mma cry.

Cartoon Planet making a return is a big step for CN right about now. Looks like this is all a part of how the network is trying to get more to it's roots due to it being their 20th anniversary... hrm, this sounds familiar.. But either way!

Although most of these shows also come on Boomerang almost daily, most people don't go out of their way to pick up that station unless it just happens to come with their TV bundle package; so it's really nice to see that these cartoons are gonna be on at primetime, for all the newer generations to pick up on the "Cartoon Cartoons" and the absurdity behind the Space Ghost gang. I just hope that the block gets occasionally realigned so we can get some primetime Ed Edd n Eddy, Samurai Jack, Courage, or Time Squad.

And you know, with Zorak and Brak around, the question rises: why isn't Space Ghost with them this time around? I wonder if they're gonna try bringing back Coast 2 Coast.. because if they do I don't know how I'd control my emotions.

Edited by Azukara

Did anyone else read this at captain planet.(No? oh....then it's just me)

Really though this is great! I hope this means no more of that new crap(With the exception of Adventure time, Regular show, and Gumball). That will make me explode with happiness!

• Thumbs Up 7

SOOOOOOO looking forward to this. I friggin' LOVE anything that the Space Ghost gang is in and I quite enjoyed the original Cartoon Planet back in the day, so CN reviving it as a major Friday night block to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the network couldn't make me any happier. It's been too long since Brak and Zorak have gotten a chance to entertain (Most of the modern SG-related cameos in other CN stuff have gone to the Ghost himself.), so I'm really anticipating the new songs and sketches. smile.png

So is Space Ghost back as well?

Nope. Brak and Zorak are flying solo this time around.

And you know, with Zorak and Brak around, the question rises: why isn't Space Ghost with them this time around?

Andy Merrill confirmed that Space Ghost isn't present this time around because he would require too many mouth positions. Probably something to do with the animation budget.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Andy Merrill confirmed that Space Ghost isn't present this time around because he would require too many mouth positions. Probably something to do with the animation budget.

Now we just need Toonami back, and a new wave of great shows that rival the old great shows, and I think I'd finally be able to say that we're completely back in business on this side of the world. Really though, as much as I've grown to love Animu over the years; As a kid who was raised on western stuff, it's pained me to see animation as a whole dwindle to just a few gems over here and treated like something that's not important or for kids only, and it's something I want to see changed, and brought back in full force.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

As of now personally the Hub>>>>>>>>CN. This may change my mind though this is great!

I also first this as Captain Planet.

• Thumbs Up 2

For those unable to watch the video because of location, you can view it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRjp2z4Iz5s

All I can say is that even though I can't view the US CN where I live, this is just great. It's like the CN execs are finally learning how to stop drinking bong water. Now if only we can get Nick and Disney to kick the habit of producing mediocre recycled tween-targeted sitcoms.... :|

Something that's bugged me a lot is that Friday night blocks pretty much fell off the planet sometime in the last decade. There was even that time when new episodes aired on Thursdays and I was like what. There's just nothing like coming home at the end of the week and waiting those couple of hours to watch your favorite shows and it's awesome that I can do that again.

I'm a bit irked about Flapjack and to a lesser extent, Chowder, because even with both being good, they're hardly classics. Still, I can hardly complain with everything else they're airing. Hopefully they'll change the programming every so often so other shows (read: Johnny Bravo) can get a chance.

Between this and The 90's Are All That it seems like networks are at least somewhat understanding that they went to shit. If only Disney would hop on board.

I'll never forgive them for actually animating Brak and Zorak instead of recycling clips, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now Nickelodeon needs to do something similar to this and tv will be watchable again.

So when I fixed my satellite, I lost Cartoon Network somehow. Now this happens.

Son of a bitch.

Oh god, YES! Nothing is better than coming home after a long day of school on Friday and relaxing at night watching some of the best cartoons ever made. Now, if only Kids WB could return as a Saturday Morning Block.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now Nickelodeon needs to do something similar to this and tv will be watchable again.

They did do this. It's called the "90s are All That".

This is really just CN's attempt to bring back it's older fanbase by bringing up a block like this again, and I like it. However, I still want them to get the 9:00 PM slot back from Adult Swim.

Brak and Zorak kind of lose their edge when Space Ghost isn't around to exchange condescending dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 5

They did do this. It's called the "90s are All That".

This is really just CN's attempt to bring back it's older fanbase by bringing up a block like this again, and I like it. However, I still want them to get the 9:00 PM slot back from Adult Swim.

That's cool! Now the only one of the "big 3" that hasn't done this type of thing yet is Disney. But unfortunately their teeny bopper bullcrap is very popular right now so I doubt they'll do it. *sighs*

That's cool! Now the only one of the "big 3" that hasn't done this type of thing yet is Disney. But unfortunately their teeny bopper bullcrap is very popular right now so I doubt they'll do it. *sighs*

Considering that all I remember Disney Channel having beyond the teenybopper crap was Pepper Ann, Recess, Kim Possible, House of Mouse, and reruns of old school Disney shorts; I don't think it's that big of a deal that they're not gonna do one.. even if those shows were all pretty good.

Considering that all I remember Disney Channel having beyond the teenybopper crap was Pepper Ann, Recess, Kim Possible, House of Mouse, and reruns of old school Disney shorts; I don't think it's that big of a deal that they're not gonna do one.. even if those shows were all pretty good.

But they also had Proud Family, Jake Long, Lilo and Stitch, and That's so Raven. But like I said before, highly unlikely Disney is gonna jump on the bandwagon. Oh well, at least Phineas and Ferb is good.