Awoo.

Cartoon Planet Returns!

AdventChild

^ Cartoon Cartoon Fridays.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :/

Edited by Madame Amano

I personally think that Re-Animated/Out Of Jimmy's Head in 2007 was where CN's network decay started to show, as well as the start of imported Canadian cartoons.

Oh yeah, those. That really low point whenever CN went to the animation ghetto and became Teletoon mania. All those "Total Drama" shows, the generic flash toons, shows that just tried so hard to be funny but were falling short of it, and the introduction to live-action material. CN only started to get better whenever Chowder and Flapjack reinstated the quality levels of the previous years.. and honestly, Camp Lazlo could have reinforced it quite well if it just would've had more interesting stuff going on.

Actually, that's their alternative version of the current logo, in which it's design has a very similar resemblance to their original logo.

Original logo:

682px-Cartoon_Network_logo_1992.svg.png

Current logo:

800px-CNOriginalLogoVariation.png

I really like this new logo. The bigger text really makes it stand out. So happy to see the checkerboard logo back <3

Edited by Azukara

Trying to pin the moment a network dropped in quality on a single show is silly. Stop that.

I actually appreciate that the lineup is including things like Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner Is a Monkey because that will hopefully avoid alienating people who are too young to remember the older shows. More viewers is never a bad thing when you've got a fairly experimental block like this going on.

Can't fucking wait for Bravo Dooby-Doo oh dear god.

• Thumbs Up 6

Trying to pin the moment a network dropped in quality on a single show is silly. Stop that.

I actually appreciate that the lineup is including things like Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner Is a Monkey because that will hopefully avoid alienating people who are too young to remember the older shows. More viewers is never a bad thing when you've got a fairly experimental block like this going on.

Thank you for saying this. If there's one thing I cannot stand, it people who constantly wear Nostalgia Goggles without thinking of others who possibly enjoyed these shows. Yes, believe it or not guys, there are people younger than us who may have actually liked these shows!

Now granted, I didn't like Camp Lazlo or My Gym Partner is a Monkey, but I did know people younger than me who liked those shows, so why not? That way, they can bring joy to those who loved those (somewhat) newer cartoons and those 90s kids like us.

Anyways, I look forward to this block. Although I have Boomerang, which has been showing Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls and Johnny Bravo, I am aware that not everyone can get this channel. I'm glad to see that Fosters home will be showing. I never really watched it that much when it was on the air, and I'm kinda regretting that right now. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

HOLY COW :U

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow at 7 (Central Time)... :D

And WHY did they decide to include Chowder and Flapjack? JUST WHY?!

Can't fucking wait for Bravo Dooby-Doo oh dear god.

True enough.

Though they definitely need to get rid of live action bull crap before it could get to its former glory. I highly doubt anyone cares about Level Up which is pretty much the only live action show on CN right now. Also, they need to get rid of the live action movies with the exception of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and other live action/animation mix movies, and show more animated flicks. Heck, better to revive Cartoon Theatre while they're at it.

*Dundun-dundun-dun-dun.* "Cartoon Cartoons!"

Man, that takes me back, I'm definitely watching this. I'd really love it if they'd renew one of them like Courage the Cowardly Dog, though it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Well, it would give Cartoon Network a Friday block again, finally. All their shows seems to air new episodes earlier in the week, such as Adventure Time and Regular Show airing on Mondays.

Hello Everybody~

Yay for Brak's singing! biggrin.png

I am enjoying this so far. Brak and Zorak are awesome as always~

Edited by PeanutButterDerp

That was so awesome! All the segments shown really reminded me of the original Cartoon Planet. I hope CN keeps this block on for quite a while since it gives me something to look forward to on Friday night.

I have a close friend who really wants Sailor Moon back. You think it has a chance of returning?

Sailor Moon was part of Toonami, wasn't it? So, unless they bring that back, I don't really think it'll come back with Cartoon Planet or anything which seems to focus around the original Cartoon Network shows, not anything like Dragon Ball Z and Robotech which was part of Toonami.

Sailor Moon was part of Toonami, wasn't it? So, unless they bring that back, I don't really think it'll come back with Cartoon Planet or anything which seems to focus around the original Cartoon Network shows, not anything like Dragon Ball Z and Robotech which was part of Toonami.

• 6 months later...