Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

FPS doesn't really matter to me as long as its playable. The resolution is what matters the most to me, and as long as the PS4 keeps pushing 1080p native games unlike the other two eighth-gen consoles (and it should for a long while. I'm betting on the 8 gigs of GDDR5 to do it), I'll be satisfied with my purchase.

Man, just imagine Gran Turismo 7 on this. It'll be glorious...

Why are these so called "next gen" systems struggling at providing even 1080p graphics consistently through there entire game library.

If so, the longevity of this gaming generation looks short, especially 4K TV's on the horizon.

As long as games continue to try to push a system to its limits, you won't get max resolution.

So yeah. The PS4 is having overheating issues for some people...which is weird because this was straight out of the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPOYEd59yU

PSN crashes due to high volume of PS4s

Entirely expected - just like Final Fantasy 14, Simcity, and Diablo III. It will obviously be managed in the coming days.

NO IT MUST BE PERFECTLY WORKIN I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR MY THING EVERYTHING MUST BE WORKING THIS ISNT FUXKING FAIR FUCK [developer / publisher name here] THEY TOOK MY FUCKING MONEY /spoiledgamerrant

Edited by Autosaver

London, Manhattan... anywhere else?

I wouldn't doubt if Sony made sure to get in touch with as many metros as possible for this, just to make it all the more impressive. A truly global Playstation Nation, I suppose!

So yeah. The PS4 is having overheating issues for some people...which is weird because this was straight out of the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPOYEd59yU

I'm surprised their Xbox 360 hasn't had the same problem. You can't keep consoles in tight enclosed shelves and not expect overheating problems. 

Yeah, some sort of server overload was really expected. It happened with the Wii-U on Day 1, and it's happening with the PS4. At least you can play games while it attempts to update in the background.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Why are these so called "next gen" systems struggling at providing even 1080p graphics consistently through there entire game library.

If so, the longevity of this gaming generation looks short, especially 4K TV's on the horizon.

Seriously. Ugh, it's like these games are cross-gen multiplatform launch titles for crying out loud.

Unbelievable.

Seriously. Ugh, it's like these games are cross-gen multiplatform launch titles for crying out loud.

Unbelievable.

Lol that fucking sarcasm.

Lol that fucking sarcasm.

Got me. :P

Seriously though, if you want a sign of what's to come, look at Killzone. Also, take a look at some 360 launch titles and compare them to Tomb Raider 2013.

Joey Chiu from Brooklyn, officially the first person to pick up a PS4 from retail in the US, was given a photo-op standing between Tretton and SCE Group CEO Andrew House....

How did he celebrate?

ps4_joey-chiu.gif

antonio-banderas-gif-vhu3y.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm surprised their Xbox 360 hasn't had the same problem. You can't keep consoles in tight enclosed shelves and not expect overheating problems. 

But the vents for the PS4 are at the back.

Pff, look where he puts his PS4. In an crap plastic shelf, close to an old Xbox. No wonder why is not working. If it was me:

image.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Got my PS4! Pics in spoiler.

IMG_20131115_192034_999.jpg

Wow. I never knew that I could play with 360 controllers on a PS4! Who needs new DS4s then? I've got 3 360 controllers right now!

This was going to happen eventually. Someone smashes a Playstation 4 already. >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS04cGpVpz4

Edited by canderson

This was going to happen eventually. Someone smashes a Playstation 4 already. >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS04cGpVpz4

Oh, I wish I had the disposable income to essentially waste $400+ like this...

• Thumbs Up 6

I saw something on GAF of a bullet fired from a .50cal tearing a PS4 to utter shreds. Pretty brutal, really.

But yes, what a waste of money just to destroy the product you bought. >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

600K+ views are rising? They made back what that console was worth and they'll only continue to get revenue as the views go up.

That's in reference to the second well done video. The first guys are just idiots.

Edited by SkyLlama
  • Thumbs Up 2

600K+ views are rising? They made back what that console was worth and they'll only continue to get revenue as the views go up.

That's in reference to the second well done video. The first guys are just idiots.

Yeah, you've got it; on Youtube 1000 views is worth about 2 dollars as memory serves. So the second video with its excellent promotion and such has made a huge profit on the initial cost of the PS4. It was a really brilliant business move on their part.

The first guys with their poor camera and overall boring presentation, just lost the bulk of their money.

So I think game devs might start to regret agreeing to the 'share' button after this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoPySAxMWfw

Blink and you'll miss it.

Don't spot it?

5 seconds into the video... the white guy becomes a black guy.

How fast is share? They were able to upload the video to facebook and it was viewable less than 2 min after it happened.

• Thumbs Up 6

So I think game devs might start to regret agreeing to the 'share' button after this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoPySAxMWfw

Blink and you'll miss it.

Don't spot it?

5 seconds into the video... the white guy becomes a black guy.

How fast is share? They were able to upload the video to facebook and it was viewable less than 2 min after it happened.

since when did they allow Shapeshifters in the NFL XD