Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Yeah the white sku is readily available in europe. I don't know why you guys at 'murrica get so few options, it's not the first time it's happened.

Planning to get a couple of PSone classics, current one planned is misadventures of Bonne Tron, and I was considering Legend of the Dragoon or Chrono Cross though(haven't played Chrono Trigger though)

Yeah the white sku is readily available in europe. I don't know why you guys at 'murrica get so few options, it's not the first time it's happened.

You don't need to play CT to enjoy CC. They only reference the game briefly near the end and it's to crush all your hopes and dreams if you were a CT fan.

Well that's unfortunate. The black looks alright but the white looks so much better. It'd be nice if they could sell both colors. Kinda like how the Wii U is available in white and black, but without the downgrades.

And here at like....every military installation in the US and Korea we can't get rid of these damn White ps4 Destiny bundles..... they are like overstocked in the store on display and in the storage in back.

So did my final pickups for now, managed to get Rachet &Clank Tools of Destruction, and All 4 one, both complete in case, and I made one other pickup as well. Valkyria Chronicles, you guys got any thoughts on that one? remembered it being mentioned around here, and case made it sound interesting enough, but any words of advice?

Recruit Marina.

Marina is best girl.

I take it you approve of this acquisition?  

So yeah, this brings me up to:

Uncharted 2, Mortal Kombat Vs DCU, Battlefield Bad Company 2(eh was a freebee), Need For Speed Shift(ditto), Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Ico and Shadow of the colossus collection, Sly Cooper Thieves, Ratchet & Clank Future a Crack in Time, Infamous,  Infamous 2 R&C Into the Nexus; Quest for Booty, Tools of destruction, All 4 One, and Valkyria Chronicles

PSOne classics: Castlevania Chronicles, Misadventures of Bonne Tron, Legend of Dragoon, and Cyberbots

Only other 2 physical games I'm considering are Soulcalibur 4, and Twisted Metal(looks like a crazy car game, though if you guys tell me I might go for one of the original digitally), though also considering how to get Full Frontal Assault, but no rush for that one

I take it you approve of this acquisition? 

VC is one of the best games on any system. The Selvaria DLC was pretty great as well, consider it after you finish the campaign.

If you're still looking for recommendations, I enjoyed Puppeteer a lot - it's a simple 2.5D platformer with fantastic characters/dialogue and top tier visuals. Was free on PS+ previously, maybe you should consider getting a sub and start stockpiling games so if you ever get a PS4 you'll already have a bunch of games to play.

Also I do have a soft spot for Folklore, an early (flawed) action/adventure game that was rather unique in its setting and had a compelling plot. That one might be rare to find, tho.

Was Castlevania Chronicles the Castlevania game you were talking about in the statuses a few days ago, Mando? I thought that was about Symphony of the Night, which is the one that is really popular.

Was Castlevania Chronicles the Castlevania game you were talking about in the statuses a few days ago, Mando? I thought that was about Symphony of the Night, which is the one that is really popular.

Chronicles is a good pickup, it's straight up awesome classic Castlevana action with a high quality soundtrack IIRC.

Not to be confused with the portable-only Dracula X Chronicles that has an amazing Rondo of Blood remake and comes with free unlockable original RoB and SotN.

Ideally when the PSOne emulator goes up on PS4 they'll also include their PSP solution so people can grab ~the best~ Castlevanias, even if it means funding Konami's unhealthy pachinko addiction.

I'm in Europe. It now says they are back in stock. Interesting... I'll have to pick up one before they go again.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dont-expect-backwards-compatibility-sony-our-focus-creating-ps4-games/

Sony may have 'won' this year's E3 with its triple whammy to the nostalgia glands, but Microsoft still made some big waves of its own with the announcement that Xbox One will now offer backwards comptatibility on certain Xbox 360 games. In the latest issue of Edge, the team caught up with Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's worldwide studios,  to discuss what Sony makes of its rivals latest reveal.

"I was very surprised. It must have taken lots of effort for them to realise the backwards compatibility, because the Xbox 360 and Xbox One use very different kinds of architecture," muses Shu. "And I’m very curious. They showed a very short list of titles that work, and doing software emulation means you have to work title by title. So I’m curious to see what kind of games will be included in those 100 games that they say will be compatible by the end of the year."

Despite doing something of a u-turn following Microsoft's original stance on the matter of Xbox 360 games working with Xbox One, the new support for backwards compatibility has gone down a treat with fans. Could we see a similar setup with PS4 and PS3's substantial back catalogue? "We don’t have backwards compatibility with PS4. With PS Now you can play PS3 games on PS4, but the main purpose of PS Now is a network service," he comments. "By removing the requirement of games running on the console itself we can bring PlayStation games to multiple devices,  including non-PlayStation devices. We just announced an alliance with Samsung in the US so people who purchase Samsung TVs can play PlayStation games on their TV. So that’s the main purpose, not to provide backwards compatibility." 

"I totally understand people asking for it, and if it was easy, we’d have done that," he adds, addressing fans asking for a similar function for PS4. "But our focus is creating PS4 games and adding new services. Remaking games on PS4 makes the games even better – with The Last Of  Us, you can play at 60 frames per second, and the same goes for Dark Souls 2. Actually, I just finished Dark Souls 2 again on PS4."

Say, speaking of PS Now services, I was looking for a particular game that is on the PS Now list as a rental. Just one question: how do I access the rentals? All I see are games that are for subscriptions. 

Say is the DarkStalkers collection on PSN worth getting? it's half off so I'm tempted on it, though I already own 2 and 3 on saturn(though the latter is untranslated) and Capcom fighters revolution(it has Demitri, I can't resist)... any other classics in the sales going on worth getting? There is a Flash(space), another themed sale, and possibly a third sale going on. Got a weakness for fighting games

You guys have no idea how much I wish the MVsC collection was still available :(

Edit: putting this here since I won't have a chance till tomorrow to try and get anything. Also managed to pickup Virtua Fighter 5, Armored Core 4, Soulcalibur 4 and Starhawk for pretty decent prices(about 25$total), I made some decent pickups right?

Edited by Mando

I thought I'd pop this up to see if I could get any thoughts, since I got until tomorrow to act... again wish I could get marvel vs Capcom origins :( I hate digital only

• 2 weeks later...

...Why is FF7 Remake on there? I'm assuming it was some kind of error. People are saying No Man's Sky is suspect too.

People are saying No Man's Sky is suspect too.

For what reason? Do people think No Man's Sky is 2015 because they are sorely mistaken.

For what reason? Do people think No Man's Sky is 2015 because they are sorely mistaken.

Yeah, admittedly that was what other people were saying. Should have learned by now not to trust everything I see on the Internet.

Well, I can say for sure that FF7 is definitely suspicious though.

If Persona 5 actually is delayed to 2016 my sides are going to leave this planet. So many people are/were sure that the game would see release this year.

Just imagine the salt and tears, imagine!

If Persona 5 actually is delayed to 2016 my sides are going to leave this planet. So many people are/were sure that the game would see release this year.

Just imagine the salt and tears, imagine!

Well this advertisement listing is for Europe only. P5 being released in 2016 for Europe was everyone's guess from the start, considering Atlus's treatment for European releases.

Action-platformer; Iconoclasts Coming to PS4, PS Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/29/action-platformer-iconoclasts-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita/

Hello! My name is Joakim Sandberg, also known as Konjak, and I am making Iconoclasts for PS4 and PS Vita. It’s been in development since 2010, and been in planning stages long before that! For the last five years, I’ve worked on the game all by myself, and now Bifrost Entertainment is helping me finish it up.

Iconoclasts is an action-platformer with a heavy emphasis on puzzling level design. Not only do you beat up enemies, you beat your head against the puzzles, too. You solve your problems by screwing them up with your giant wrench, or simply blowing your way through with your modified stun-gun.

The adventure spans a vast, mysterious world to explore. There are secrets to be found, power-ups to earn, and a host of interesting characters trying to deal with the world in their own ways.

You follow the young, naive, and helpful mechanic Robin and her companions as they try to escape the soldiers of the religious authority One Concern — but it’s not just a simple story of good fighting evil to save the world. It’s about people caring for people, but having no real idea how to do it right.

As has been the case for my other projects, the game will offer a lot of action and, most importantly, bosses! I’ve always had a great fondness for them, both as a kind of test of what you’ve learned, or a trial-by-fire. They’re the exciting performance exams at the end of a gameplay semester.

But the action isn’t my entire ambition!

Since I was very young, I’ve wanted to make a game that mixes a bit of Metroid Fusion and Monster World IV; an action-filled adventure with a strong narrative, and also a bunch of world-building and discovery. I always loved the mix of charm and emotion in Final Fantasy IX and wanted a sprinkling of that feeling in the game’s characters, as well.

I’ve combined those main influences and used them to express my own genuine, personal thoughts and questions about sharing a world with other people, and dealing with their expectations.

I have a deep love for game mechanics, and polishing them down to the most dynamic ideas. No clutter, only the ideas that have the most uses, and combine them to expand your capabilities. I feel that has more potential for satisfying flow, and more player freedom to explore and understand the abilities you might’ve had all along. Couple that with a fast and athletic character, and we’re set!

Iconoclasts has taken a lot of time, both from my life, and those who have waited for it since I first revealed it in 2011. If you’re one of those people, and you’re still here, thank you! That’s why I’m still making it, no matter that it’s grown so much bigger and harder to complete than I ever expected.

Now it’s time to finish this story. I’ve come to love the game, the story, and its characters, and now I am confident I will achieve what I set out to do with Iconoclasts. Hopefully before we all drive flying cars.

Looks quite good.

Edited by BenderTheBatman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, feeling tempted since both are within my price range, and one I want, and the other seems interesting. So thoughts on Jak and Daxter PS3 collection(though I already have all the games on the PS2), or Zone of the Enders HD collection? Don't know much about the latter I but I do love mecha suit games... though if someone has a better suggestion on the latter throw it at me

So any thoughts?