Awoo.

Knuckles' Chaotix for XBLA/PSN?

Iizuka: [Painful laugh] Hmm... Probably not.

Iizuka shot down the possibility of a remake/port ala CD 2011 in a Sonic 4: Ep 2 interview recently, due to the current lack of interest in it compared to Sonic CD.

http://spong.com/fea...nic-4-Episode-2

13th March? That was when I was being bombarded by coursework, so I can see why I missed that.

Didn't think there was that much interest in Triple Trouble either, but I guess it's the whole thing of weighing potential net gain to the cost of prepping the thing to be playable in the first place.

Since when is adding Tails (minus an ending), adding an additional 3 - 4 second jingle to some of the classic tracks to call them your own and slapping your name on a project already 99.5% completed by other people considered an amazing job?

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd love a port of the game. I've been wanting one for years.

Iizuka: [Painful laugh] Hmm... Probably not.

Iizuka shot down the possibility of a remake/port ala CD 2011 in a Sonic 4: Ep 2 interview recently, due to the current lack of interest in it compared to Sonic CD.

http://spong.com/fea...nic-4-Episode-2

I'd love a port of the game. I've been wanting one for years.

Ken on the other hand said it was the most requested port after SA2.

Which is why SA2 got ported to the EU PSN in February.

...Let's just say that SoA and SoJ may not be on the same hymn sheet.

The Sonic Heroes on the PSN is just part of the PlayStation 2 Classics line, though. Those take little-to-no effort whereas a good SA2 port would.

As for the main topic, no, I do not wish to play Knuckles Chaotix again.

I liked Chaotix. Its not the best 2D game, but the graphics, music and different skills of the Chaotix are fun to play around with. The end boss battle was also epic. The bad ending credits are terrifying.

I think it *should* get a digital release, but theres no rush.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind seeing a port of Knuckles Chaotix, but that's because I actually prefer it to Sonic CD. (Yeah, Shoot me. tongue.png ) But I can't see it happening due to its obscurity (mainly thanks to the fact that it was only released for a terrible add on for a console that was about to kick the bucket). and the fact that a lot of people just don't seem to like it. (I'll agree that it was a bit boring, but I still liked it)

I certainly can't imagine the game being given the same treatment as Sonic CD; I can just about imagine a half-arsed port done via a ROM and emulator, courtesy of Backbone Entertainment. :L

Edited by OldFreddy

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hoping to see this make it to PSN for a long time. We just have to show Sega that there is a demand for it. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing that?

I've been hoping to see this make it to PSN for a long time. We just have to show Sega that there is a demand for it. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing that?

Pay them $500 in an admin fee to first of all look into the possability that there is a demand for it, then if they think there is, pay them an additional $50,000 to start development, then several thousand more dollars to complete work on it.

That'll do it no problem.

And before anyone wonders, yes, Sega will charge you an admin fee in order to "look" into re-releasing something. They'll then do some research into it. Although they won't do anything unless theres funding or it matches their release plans for that year.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love to see this game be available on XBLA/PSN, but there's a good chance it may not happen. Not a whole lot of people ever played this game before (outside of emulators) due to it only coming out for the 32X. Not to mention it's very obscure these days.

Even if SEGA did thought about re-releasing Knuckles' Chaotix, I'd like to see it get a remake like what Taxman did with Sonic CD. I thought that was an excellent remake, so seeing KC getting that same treatment would be nice. However, it all depends on what SEGA wants to do with it.

It's a lonely experience liking this game. Given its obscurity and lack of interest, I don't see it likely that this one will ever get a port or re-release.

So I nonchalantly acknowledge the ease of acquiring a digital copy online.

It's a lonely experience liking this game. Given its obscurity and lack of interest, I don't see it likely that this one will ever get a port or re-release.

So I nonchalantly acknowledge the ease of acquiring a digital copy online.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of which, WHY DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THE MUSIC FOR THAT STAGE!!??

You kidding me? It's only one of my most favourite tunes ever.

You kidding me? It's only one of my most favourite tunes ever.

But no one ever acknowledges its existence. Whenever people talk about good Sonic music, this never comes up. Even this video only has 2,000 views. The only other one I can find has 4,000. Seriously, this music needs more love and attention.

Don't worry, you're not alone. I haven't played Knuckles Chaotix in a while, but I remember liking it quite a bit. And I'm not sure what these complaints are about the game being slow and clunky. I thought Speed Slider in particular lived up to its name.

I do! And it's one hell of a awesome tune! :D

I listen to this song alot and it's one of my favorite tracks from the game.

I also like this song:

This game really has a good soundtrack.

Edited by Arle985
  • Thumbs Up 4

I would love for it to be re-released. Loved this game ever since I emulated it a couple of years back just to see what it was like. Despite the haters, I want it back in one way or another. It's too expensive on eBay, with only about three copies going at around £150 Buy-It Now. I just don't have that kind of money. =(

Honestly though this game isn't quite up to the same level as Sonic 1,2,3K, or CD, its still a decently fun game, though I may be biased as I am a massive fan of Metal Sonic and he gets more exposure in this game than any other, including CD (though S4:E2 may change this).

I have the game and a 32X, so it does not matter if it gets a download to me, but I felt it was too easy. Metal Sonic's monster form was one disappointment since if I lost rings and a partner, I'd just need to wait 10 seconds and my partner would return, thus Metal's first mutation would have been a disgrace to final bosses everywhere if given to today's gamers. Still entertaining to play though.

Edited by Galaxy Class Evil Genius

I have the game and a 32X, so it does not matter if it gets a download to me, but I felt it was too easy. Metal Sonic's monster form was one disappointment since if I lost rings and a partner, I'd just need to wait 10 seconds and my partner would return, thus Metal's first mutation would have been a disgrace to final bosses everywhere if given to today's gamers. Still entertaining to play though.

Since we're talking about our favorite Chaotix music, I just have to share the love for my favorite: Seascape (Marina Madness)

As for Chaotix on XBLA/PSN, I can't say I would be too incredibly excited about it, but I would probably still purchase it so I wouldn't have to set up my 32X every time I wanted to play it on a TV with a controller. It's a nice little quirky game, but definitely not one of the better Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 3