Awoo.

Knuckles' Chaotix for XBLA/PSN?

I listen to this song alot and it's one of my favorite tracks from the game.

I also like this song:

This game really has a good soundtrack.

Door Into Summer made Knuckles' Chaotix. I'm glad it got a remix in Generations.

Ah, Knuckles Chaotix. I would definitely love to see it released as a download someday. I first played it at a friend's house way back when (he had the 32x) and was enthralled. The music was sweet, the aesthetics of the levels were vivid and unique, and the Chaotix were all awesome-looking characters. The gameplay takes a bit getting used to, but once you do it's not too bad.

Regardless, more people should experience this game.

And come on, you can't have a "best music in Chaotix" list without this gem (my personal favorite, along with Tube Panic):

• Thumbs Up 2

And come on, you can't have a "best music in Chaotix" list without this gem (my personal favorite, along with Tube Panic):

This is definitely one of the best songs from the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, Knuckles Chaotix. I would definitely love to see it released as a download someday. I first played it at a friend's house way back when (he had the 32x) and was enthralled. The music was sweet, the aesthetics of the levels were vivid and unique, and the Chaotix were all awesome-looking characters. The gameplay takes a bit getting used to, but once you do it's not too bad.

Regardless, more people should experience this game.

This would be a great song to take a nap/sleep to. A jazz lullaby played with a 16-bit soundfont sums up the song perfectly IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really care about it. It's not a very good game, it's not an important game, it's very likely not canon...it's basically just an oddity, too weird to bring back, too rare to let go of.

Aaaaand, they re-released Sonic CD.

I don't really care about it. It's not a very good game, it's not an important game, it's very likely not canon...it's basically just an oddity, too weird to bring back, too rare to let go of.

I never had a chance to play it so I would be interested

There's most likely an emulator that plays Genisis, Sega CD and 32X games all in one, so you could download Chaotix too.

And Sonic CD is pretty important to Sonic canon nowadays, especially with the events of Sonic 4: Episode 2.

And Sonic CD is pretty important to Sonic canon nowadays, especially with the events of Sonic 4: Episode 2.

Oh yeah, like Metal Sonic. Which reminds me, Chaotix MUST be canon, because it brung Vector, Espio and Charmy to the series.

Eh, no. It's more complicated than that. While Chaotix is their official debut, the modern Chaotix are completely unrelated to the classic Chaotix in terms of that event happening (ie it didn't happen to them).

Eh, no. It's more complicated than that. While Chaotix is their official debut, the modern Chaotix are completely unrelated to the classic Chaotix in terms of that event happening (ie it didn't happen to them).

What do you mean?

Basically, the Chaotix that appeared in Chaotix are effectively still dead like Mighty and Fang and all them lot. The Chaotix in Heroes were made from the ground up, with only some very basic similarities to their past counterparts. It's why they're the only classic characters not to have had any classic-styled merch whatsoever.

*Although that said, it is still a point of debate. Until proven otherwise though, I think we can settle with this scenario being the case for now.

• Thumbs Up 2

If I recall correctly there was an interview stating somewhere that Heroes introduces Chaotix as brand new characters using old designs, which is why they never mention Mighty.

Still now that I think about it I can't find that interview anywhere, I'm sure I remember it being real though sob.

If I recall correctly there was an interview stating somewhere that Heroes introduces Chaotix as brand new characters using old designs, which is why they never mention Mighty.

Still now that I think about it I can't find that interview anywhere, I'm sure I remember it being real though sob.

I've looked up this link so many times now I know exactly how to find it manually.

I just hope the debates don't flare again with this...

Sonic CD was a hell of a lot more popular than Knuckles' Chaotix ever could have dreamed of being, they have rereleased Sonic CD several times since it first came out (and have never done the same for Chaotix) so it was on the public's mind a lot more to this day, Chaotix is all but explicitly non-canon (and if Sonic Heroes didn't do that, then Sonic 4 certainly has), and they basically built S4E2 around Sonic CD's story.

You might as well be comparing Chaotix to Super Mario Bros. 2 for all the good a comparison to Sonic CD does.

• Thumbs Up 3

A Chaotix release for XBLA/PNS? do want.

Knuckles Chaotix is my third fave sonic game :D

i hope for a Knuckle's Chaotix release...................................

in 2099, kidding, soon

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic CD was a hell of a lot more popular than Knuckles' Chaotix ever could have dreamed of being, they have rereleased Sonic CD several times since it first came out (and have never done the same for Chaotix) so it was on the public's mind a lot more to this day, Chaotix is all but explicitly non-canon (and if Sonic Heroes didn't do that, then Sonic 4 certainly has), and they basically built S4E2 around Sonic CD's story.

You might as well be comparing Chaotix to Super Mario Bros. 2 for all the good a comparison to Sonic CD does.

Sonic CD also went along with Sega's current "Let's focus solely on Sonic" initiative. Chaotix doesn't seem likely unless we get another "Sonic Gems Collection" type of game, like how Sonic the Fighters got released.

I still think it is possible, not for XBLA or PSN, but maybe for the 3DS virtual console. Triple Trouble and Labyrinth were released, along with the coming Sonic Drift 2. If it would release for anything it would probably be that.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 3DS Virtual Console so far doesn't look like it'll be doing games like that. Maybe further along the line, but right now it's just not fit for it.

Well, while I am here, I wish to share a little something.

Some people I know at the Sega forums have made this little page, which has the goal of making enough demand for Sonic Team and Sega to make a Knuckles' Chaotix re-release. It is a little petition thing. Here it is:

http://www.facebook....410449305644952

There is not any money going into this, actually. Basically, I am here on behalf of those who made this page, to ask for any of you to "like" this facebook page, to show Sega that there is enough demand for it. Don't want to? Fine, but please at least consider.

Edited by Flamerstreak

If there's demand for something, SEGA will know. They don't need a Facebook page to tell them.

I still think it is possible, not for XBLA or PSN, but maybe for the 3DS virtual console. Triple Trouble and Labyrinth were released, along with the coming Sonic Drift 2. If it would release for anything it would probably be that.

I thought the 3DS virtual console was for handheld games only. Why they release a 32-X game on it?

Well, while I am here, I wish to share a little something.

Some people I know at the Sega forums have made this little page, which has the goal of making enough demand for Sonic Team and Sega to make a Knuckles' Chaotix re-release. It is a little petition thing. Here it is:

http://www.facebook....410449305644952

There is not any money going into this, actually. Basically, I am here on behalf of those who made this page, to ask for any of you to "like" this facebook page, to show Sega that there is enough demand for it. Don't want to? Fine, but please at least consider.

No offense, but when has a single petition page ever actually worked in the releasing of an old game?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't even care if it gets Taxman treatment or any upgrades at all... port it straight for all I care, just port it

I've never got to own or play the original and really want to

Some Taxman treatment would be a plus though

I'm liking that Facebook page

Edited by Darth InVaders

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this game needs to be re-released.

Can't see why they've never thought of this before.

I've emulated it a few times and the game has a Amazing soundtrack and some pretty good gameplay mechanics.

Also, we need to see Mighty again. Just once more.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's one of the few Sonic games I've never played, so I'd love it. We need Adventure 2 more though.tongue.png

• 1 month later...

I think the Sonic CD 2011 port wasn't exactly "better." I agree that games should stick to their original and even though '11 was great and had good physics and everything, there were really small things about it that were obviously not in the original like the fact that Sonic runs slower and the screen doesn't move when he runs fast like it should. Lol a nerd like me notices all of this. xD But yeah, I think Knuckles' Chaotix SHOULD get a port but some new levels with less repetitiveness would be really cool, especially loops. As for physics, I think it's a really fun gimmick, it's just DIFFERENT and it takes getting used to. The first time I played, I was like WHAT THE ----? Now I'm like "YEAH, this is AWESOME!" it just takes time and maybe you'll get used to it. It's really fun and a port would be wonderful. New levels and a REDO of the Metal Sonic boss so you are actually fighting him and not just attacking him with a roulette.

Plus a redo of the final boss that (I think) requires all Chaos Rings. It was cool in the original but REALLY cheesy. It looked like a piece of paper and was so easy to beat.

So yeah, the final bosses are really the only things that need change. Just more levels with more creativity! I would totally be willing to DO this port but alas, I have no knowledge of 360 programming.