Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

@cosmictruffle: Nothing wrong with that, seeing that you're only trying to make your tunes better!

And with that, folks, it's January 2013! To musicians and artists, that leaves only one more month of work 'til we close up shop! Not much time left 'til the cannon fires again!

FOR NARNIA!

I guess now is a good a time to ask as any. Did you get my Sonic Rush-esque track? Is it usable?

Edited by thapoint09 (temp)

Not entirely sure what answer to give... Mind if I share it here and ask what the others think, Dizzy?

^Dat. Dat, right dere..^
tumblr_m9je0a2DHh1rpeton.gif

Also, I'm gonna be putting a QR Code link to the Album on the back of the T-Shirt! (As well as on the signature banner I'm making for the project. XD) But, that will have to wait until the Album url is given.

This, is gonna rock the place! Place, place.. place... ..place.....       ....place........

• Thumbs Up 1

Salsa piano, right? I dabbled in Latin jazz once or twice... Whaddya need?

Also, are you still covering the album intro?

Okay, first up, sorry, I don't mean to come off as that guy but yeah.

First up, while both Joshua and you are certainly talented, I think this piece is really not that good.

Okay, firstly it sounds bland and inspired. I can see you were going for the S1/S2 title theme kinda approach and well, this just kinda falls flat for this piece. The tempo is a bit too slow, and it sounds just really weird.

The SEGA, while a nice touch, seems to be really awkward in this piece. The "Sonic Stadium..." thingy sounds really... I don't know what to say. pet peeve of mine: i hate the "Sonic stadium..." blabla thing cos' I can see that this is that album and I want a real good piece without that and stuff to kickstart the album.

Last year, we had Wolfblur rocking out with something that we were like going "Oh yeah, this album's gonna rock!" or something. And when I imagine myself, listening to this piece of the album first, I don't feel excited at all.

I mean, I am nobody to say "No, sorry." or stuff liddat, but if this was done by me, I'd really ask and take in feedback and go re-do this.

Also, people often look up at the intro as a sample of the whole album. Wolfy did that great, Sonic Paradox's Race to Win did that great... this...

Yeah, I hope this is not just me saying this eh.

---

I have feeling it's just me.

Also, is...

http://youtu.be/u_VHsD2aa7s

taken?

Cos if not, I think I got one of my final song ideas fixed.

It's just an idea for now... so yeah.

EDIT: This song has 4-5 drum kits. My drums are already atrocious. I can't do this D:

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okies, I'm submitting the first part to the album, but I suppose I'll share this one too for the heck of it. It's kinda long though. It kinda killed my brain. 

My final song that I will be submitting will be completed soon too!  It's a collab with mah man! xD

• Thumbs Up 3

im making a remix of Aquatic ruin in salsa

Sorry Marv, but what I heard at the listening preview party thing, Aquatic Ruin was already taken :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, so if any of you have played NiGHTS, you'll definetly remember this song... or at least I hope you will.

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/gate-of-your-dreams-nights

Right, I thought to myself, this is too loopy and Jeff won't accept it but I guess it would worth a try.

So Jeff, is this against the rules or is it something that you'll accept (of course, I'll go polish it up a bit and such)?

EDIT: Changed the link, I lost the project file so I'll redo it if Jeff says he'll take it in (it being an interlude is cool too).

Edited by Faseeh

Okay, first up, sorry, I don't mean to come off as that guy but yeah.

First up, while both Joshua and you are certainly talented, I think this piece is really not that good.

Okay, firstly it sounds bland and inspired. I can see you were going for the S1/S2 title theme kinda approach and well, this just kinda falls flat for this piece. The tempo is a bit too slow, and it sounds just really weird.

The SEGA, while a nice touch, seems to be really awkward in this piece. The "Sonic Stadium..." thingy sounds really... I don't know what to say. pet peeve of mine: i hate the "Sonic stadium..." blabla thing cos' I can see that this is that album and I want a real good piece without that and stuff to kickstart the album.

Last year, we had Wolfblur rocking out with something that we were like going "Oh yeah, this album's gonna rock!" or something. And when I imagine myself, listening to this piece of the album first, I don't feel excited at all.

I mean, I am nobody to say "No, sorry." or stuff liddat, but if this was done by me, I'd really ask and take in feedback and go re-do this.

Also, people often look up at the intro as a sample of the whole album. Wolfy did that great, Sonic Paradox's Race to Win did that great... this...

Yeah, I hope this is not just me saying this eh.

---

I have feeling it's just me.

Also, is...

http://youtu.be/u_VHsD2aa7s

taken?

Cos if not, I think I got one of my final song ideas fixed.

It's just an idea for now... so yeah.

EDIT: This song has 4-5 drum kits. My drums are already atrocious. I can't do this D:

no i understand, well i was thinking to redo this but Joshua...i dont know is busy and i was going to make some synths that katamari paradox it was helping me but i dont know either, in that time i was going to redo the bass and change the drums first part and fix some other things but u know...

Sorry Marv, but what I heard at the listening preview party thing, Aquatic Ruin was already taken sad.png

there are previews?! where? dont worry im almost finishing this and i want to add it in my remixes.

• Thumbs Up 1

no i understand, well i was thinking to redo this but Joshua...i dont know is busy and i was going to make some synths that katamari paradox it was helping me but i dont know either, in that time i was going to redo the bass and change the drums first part and fix some other things but u know...

Well, at least you do understand it. I've seen Joshua been busy too. XD

KatamariParadox... um, got banned and I'm not sure if he or she can still help you.

Well, I hope you can fix it and stuffs. If not, why not go for something all by yourself I guess?

Edited by Faseeh

Well, at least you do understand it. I've seen Joshua been busy too. XD KatamariParadox... um, got banned and I'm not sure if he or she can still help you. 

Well, I hope you can fix it and stuffs. If not, why not go for something all by yourself I guess? 

You what? Didn't see anything really wrong with Katamari... what happened?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, at least you do understand it. I've seen Joshua been busy too. XD

KatamariParadox... um, got banned and I'm not sure if he or she can still help you.

i allways come out with something but it allways need a electric guitar, and my guitars settings are not good(effects too).

KatamariParadox got banned?

You what? Didn't see anything really wrong with Katamari... what happened?

KatamariParadox got banned?

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story.

Anyways, since I'm tapped out of musical ideas at the moment, I'm probably gonna either stick with the four entries I have right now, or come up with one more thing for my fifth submission. Also, I have two (possible) collabs to work on as well: one with StereoPixel and one with VizardJeffhog. I'd say "Look forward to them" but like I said, I'm tapped out at the moment, so I dunno if I'm gonna figure it out or not XD

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I thought I'd stop in again and post something, since I've been quiet for a while. :P

Anyway, I'm going to try and work on getting one more mix in before the deadline. I have a few that I've started, but, I'm not really sure if any of those are going anywhere. XD  I've been trying to keep up with everything, although I'm sure I've missed some posts, so I'm not entirely sure what exactly has been taken at this point. I'm assuming no one's claimed anything from Triple Trouble though? (my love for that soundtrack has not gone down)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry everyone, but I don't think I'll be able to submit anything for the album. I've tried a lot of stuff, but it's almost always been bad. I guess I'm just not cut out for making music despite all the good ideas I (think I) have. So, yeah, I won't be able to submit anything. Sorry. I wanted to, but I just can't.

Hehe, I agree with you, honestly, Faseeh. I didn't really like it as I wrote it. xD

Maybe I could do some sort of medley like in the first album.

Huh. I really need to hurry and get my 6th submission in too. oO

hey Joshua u not say anything about the Ocean Base remix!

@Josh/Marvin: Ocean Base is covered by EAR... ^^;

@Mike: YOU GOT THIS (and nothing from the STDT!)

And yeah, Kat is a bit of a long story... ^^;

In any case, we're at 85 songs now.

15 before one freakin' hundred.

...yep.

• Thumbs Up 1

asdfghjkl Jeff forgot to respond to my Gate of Your Dreams remix asdfghjkl.

Also, here's my second submission: (thanks to DJ EAR for all the mastering and mixing!)

A Look Back Before Heading Off* ...for Sonic Mega Collection Intro

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/a-look-back-before-heading-off

*I NEED NAME SUGGESTION FOR THIS ONE AND THE NiGHTS GATE OF YOUR DREAMS REMIX.

JEFF, ARE YOU TAKING THESE TWO IN? I hope you are.

If so, I'll send you a DL Link for both in PM.

Okay, so yeah, feedback appreciated on that track and the NiGHTS one.

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 6