Awoo.

Senran Kagura sequel! New brawler game with feuding ninja schoolgirls! Tits!

HunterTSF

“Ninjas, sushi, schoolgirls, samurai, and boobs. These are the things that cross all borders, and tie us together!” -Kenichiro Takaki, producer of Senran Kagura.

Gee golly jeepers, a Senran Kagura sequel?! Woo woo! Now go watch it not get localized while i go weep in a corner over there.

Senran Kagura in a nutshell.

SenranKaguraBurst.png

Title: Senran Kagura: Burst

Developer: Marvellous Entertainment | Publisher: Marvellous Entertainment

Platform: Nintendo 3DS | Release Dates: 30 August 2012 (JP)

Okay, so for those of you not in the know this game has it all. It has faced paced sword fighting action! It has tits. It has feuding rival ninjas! It has tits. It has loads of playable characters! It has tits. It also has a thoroughly developed story mode further expanding upon the infinitely deep and complex never-ending war between an academy that teaches justice and evil corporate mercenaries for hire! But most importantly, it has tits.

Holy fark, was she just juggling a semi-truck with her parasol?

Senran Kagura is a hack and slash brawler series that emphasises fast-paced sword combat with loads of characters on the screen at once, meaning that you're going to have to learn when to feign and when to strike in order to stay alive. Also, like most traditional fighting games these days, you've got loads of flashy special attacks at your disposal to quickly wipe out hoardes of enemies all at once! Hyper-combos galore! Are you bad enough dude girl to fight entire mobs of oncoming hostiles with three swords in each hand?!

skcollage.png

Each character has their own unique fighting styles, along with a preferred weapon for combat. Yomi's got a giant cleaver, Homura hextuple-wields six katanas, and Mirai fights with an umbrella... oh, and a giant crotch-wielded gatling gun under her dress. There's also over 180 costumes, ranging from cow suits to airline stewardesses, and from naval officers to circus clowns!

As you can see, this game is silly. In a nutshell, it's a really polished and fun game in which ninja girls beat the living crap out of each other (complete with clothing damage, of course) and Marvellous Entertainment's been trying to get it localized for ages now. Given how ridiculously well the original did in Japan, and the high demand for the game overseas, who knows! Maybe they'll find a publisher ballsy enough to bring these two over.

Oh! And as for this sequel in particular; not much is known about it aside from the fact that it has you playing as the rival ninja clan from the first title. What a tweest! There's not much info released on it, which is why this post is comprised entirely of material from the first game. They've also been teasing around the concept with a "Boys Edition" that swaps the boobies for six packs, so only time and tell what direction this series takes!

Now, discuss! I know that you want to! Don't even try to hide the fact that you do!

EDIT: There appears to be a lot of confusion about this game... I don't see why! It's simple! Y'see, the game revolves around Asuka, Hibari, Ikaruga, Katsuragi, and Yagyuu. They're all students of Hanzo Academy, a ninja school that teaches you how to be a ninja that fights on the side of justice. It's their job to defeat Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Mirai, and Haruka - who are evil mercenary ninjas!

So yeah, it's your job to beat up their mooks and take them out. Pretty straightforward, no?

Oh. Except in this sequel you actually play as the mercenaries. Presumably you're just beating up anybody that gets in your way, then!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Um...What the fuck? huh.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hunter makes topics about weird, slightly creepy but basically pretty cool Japanese games that most of us will probably never play or even remember the names of. I thought this was a well established thing.

I don't think this is even the weirdest one. Wasn't there a rail shooter about panty shots a while back?

• Thumbs Up 2

It's simple! Y'see, the game revolves around Asuka, Hibari, Ikaruga, Katsuragi, and Yagyuu. They're all students of Hanzo Academy, a ninja school that teaches you how to be a ninja that fights on the side of justice. It's their job to defeat Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Mirai, and Haruka - who are evil mercenary ninjas!

So yeah, it's your job to beat up their mooks and take them out. Pretty straightforward, no?

Oh. Except in this sequel you actually play as the mercenaries. Presumably you're just beating up anybody that gets in your way, then!

Hunter makes topics about weird, slightly creepy but basically pretty cool Japanese games that most of us will probably never play or even remember the names of. I thought this was a well established thing.

I don't think this is even the weirdest one. Wasn't there a rail shooter about panty shots a while back?

Gal*Gun's introduction to you guys wasn't my doing! That was all Hogfather! xD

Edited by HunterTSF

This is some great news! I've gotten tired of playing only Starfox 64 3D and Frogger 3D, this game will be the change of pace me and my 3DS have needed for a while! And the best part? Playing the game in 3D...hooo boy, I can't wait! Day one buy for me! :D

troll.jpg

Don't forget to mention that the series is getting an anime.

24 minutes of pure boobage.

In all seriousness though, I'd actually buy the games if they're localized if they're actually well-done beat-em-ups. The boobs are a plus.

Did I forget to mention this series has boobs?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd still like for the first one to be localized because I'm kind of interested in it.

Boobs aside, I think it actually looks like a really fun beat'em up game. Is there online co-op of some sort?

its made by marvellous entertainment? They made the PSP Ikki Tousen games, Eloquent Fist and Xross Impact, a 2D streets of rage styled fighter with anime chicks with giant mammaries, is it sad i knew this game was made by M.E from the exploding clothes and boob bouncing in the last part of the video?

that is exactly how a match ends if you finish an opponent with a super attack, a scene of them being knocked to their ass as their clothing explodes and tits jiggle.

this looks boring compared to my- i mean "those" Ikki Tousen games, looks slow and Clunky, and another poor anime fighter from the masses in Japan *lights Cigar*

Edited by Peacock

>Search Senran KAgura on deviantART

>first three pages are completely clean

You're losing your touch, deviantART.

Japan is so fucking weird, but the rest of the world is so fucking boring. I'll be playingthis with one hand that's for sure, If I ever manage to get an import of it. Can you imagine the shitstorm this would cause if released in the US? Soccer Mom Militias.

• 1 year later...

“Ninjas, sushi, schoolgirls, samurai, and boobs. These are the things that cross all borders, and tie us together!”

Ninjas are overrated and overused, sushi is gross, I'm not a pedophile, samurai are right there with ninjas; boobs are excellent, however.

1/5 would not buy

• 2 weeks later...