Awoo.

Sonic World Runner

azoo

*checks system specs*

Houston, we are go.

Can't wait until this finishes. Please keep me updated, bronik. ;)

OH, JOY!

If there's one fangame that I honestly hope reaches completion, it's this one! Please keep us updated, mon; I would hate to see this go to Development Hell like so many others! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, this sounds like its gonna kick some serious ass. I'm especially impressed by the story. Will there be cutscenes? If not, lemme hook you up.

I need to pay more attention to this part of the forum...there are way too many hidden gems here!

Anyway, this sounds very exciting! Sounds very thought out and I like the story. Be sure to keep us posted on how things develop! smile.png

Man, can't wait for this! This looks awesome!

On a side note/nitpick, "Sonic Worldrunner", does not flow when you say it as well as Freerunner did. Even if you are ditching the parkour mechanics, I still think Freerunner is the better and catchier name, TBH.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Man, can't wait for this! This looks awesome!

On a side note/nitpick, "Sonic Worldrunner", does not flow when you say it as well as Freerunner did. Even if you are ditching the parkour mechanics, I still think Freerunner is the better and catchier name, TBH.

I must say I agree, but it no longer makes sense...

...originally intended to be a classic-styled open world (free roam)...

I must say I agree, but it no longer makes sense...

Even if there's no actual open world or parkour mechanics, doesn't Sonic run free throughout all the levels?

Hey am I still doing Sonic's voice? >.>

We'll let you know once we have a script that's nothing less of perfection to show you.

• Thumbs Up 1

We'll let you know once we have a script that's nothing less of perfection to show you.

orite, that thing! I'm bombarded with finals at the moment (which I should probably be working on :v), but come May 2nd that should be all over and done with and I'll have some time to actually sit down and work on that thing attentively.

Also last minute rewrite, Egg Pawn is the main character and Hatsun the Pigeon was the one behind Royal Guard Gordon the Koala's assassination all along.

• Thumbs Up 3

Any way someone like me can help? biggrin.png

No experience, other than beta testing and constant drawing.

Edited by Lennox

Is there anything that you have to show us. Concept art/pre-production stage designs?

It would help us see where this fangame is going.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is there anything that you have to show us. Concept art/pre-production stage designs?

It would help us see where this fangame is going.

We have an organized Dropbox folder with a bunch of concept stuff. I'm sure some stuff will be shown soon enough.

Other than that I can post some of the music if you'd like to.

Wh-boosh =O Here's some of the music...!

Cool, it's like a mixture between Speed Highway and Stardust Speedway (JP version)!

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, this game is looking even more tasty! I doubt my laptop can handle running it, but it did run the demo well so...

tory:

Massive natural disasters are rumbling the planet and causing all sorts of chaos all over. The humans, anthros, and animals of Earth alike are all trembling in fear, clamoring at the idea that the end of the world is near.

Suddenly, Dr. Eggman appears. Telling the populace of the planet about how he was researching previously-unfound tablets and found statements of the end of the world, he realized that the eve of its destruction was not far away. Within this time, he had an epiphany that has led him to realize the good in the planet and all of it's living creatures; and has turned over a new leaf! So to the surprise of Earth's population, Eggman announces that for the past couple of months he's been building a new haven for everyone: the 100% purely artifical (and 'disaster-proof') planet in the far end of the galaxy: "Planet Egg".

Everyone is absolutely amazed at the recent turn of events. All, except Sonic of course. Not falling once for his facade, Sonic warns the people about this being another one of his tricks.. but in the grave state of danger, the people don't believe one word from Sonic, blaming it on his hardened antagonism role against the once-mad-scientist-now-world-hero.

But is Eggman really the great guy that he's currently making himself out to be? What exactly is he really planning out there on Planet Egg?

I honestly hope that Eggman actually does turn out to be the great guy he's making himself out to be. That would be a nice twist.