Awoo.

Sonic World Runner

azoo

Realistically, how much longer do you estimate this will take to complete? A year? Two? Four?

(Not meant in a negative way)

Honestly, this could take as long as it needs to. Not saying that you shouldn't expect anything from us in a long time, but making a game with a team of fans and not grade-A professionals could take ages. For example, look at Sonic Robo Blast 2; that game took over a decade to meet it's final form!

I wouldn't worry about it though. We're not treating this like a race as much as it is a labor of love. We'll have something out soon enough.. we just need a few more modelers and programmers and we may be on a roll.

Hi I just seen your post saying that you are looking for those who have used 3D modeling, art design, or using UDK. I in fact have just used all these recently.

I am able to use UDK (even kismet), photoshop, after effects and create models (3DS MAX), I am also able to animate, but not rig sadly.

I would like to be part of this project and if you are interested just send me a message on my youtube account.

This link shows all my work i have done and can do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/matboyle1

I have studied game development for 2 year and continue to study it. I do understand and have a pretty good grasp of a little bit of everything. But I can not do any programming, but able to use UDK's kismet.

Edited by wonga

Hey, you people with actual talent! We'd love you on the team! Or, well, I'm assuming we would, I'm not Azukara so I don't have the final say. :V You guys should go contact him on Skype (which you can obtain from his SSMB profile) with your proposals! You know what they say, the more the merrier!

• Thumbs Up 1

Putting down the law here.

To anyone besides 3D modelers or programmers: sorry all, we don't have any openings for anyone of any of your skillsets at the moment. We got all that down. To anyone of the other categories (modeling and programming): I'll contact you about it. We cool? We cool.

I want to show awesome stuff about the game here, not have this turn into a request-of-approval topic. To everyone interested, stay tuned!

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 1

Putting down the law here.

To anyone besides 3D modelers or programmers: sorry all, we don't have any openings for anyone of any of your skillsets at the moment. We got all that down. To anyone of the other categories (modeling and programming): I'll contact you about it. We cool? We cool.

I want to show awesome stuff about the game here, not have this turn into a request-of-approval topic. To everyone interested, stay tuned!

Okay then. :D I can't wait to see more awesome stuff! :D

can i please marry everyone who is working on this project

Man, this is turning up pretty well, I hope to see this completed! Also, I'd like to add that the concept art is eye candy. @_@

I would actually probably be interested in jumping into this, but alas I don't feel my modeling and animation skills are up to snuff to be joining others on projects. I don't want to jump into something big and then look like a butt for not being able to deliver.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is what's happening.

I'm searching for 3D modelers and texture artists once more. If I can manage to get any good people on our crew then we're set sailing. We've made some development-based progress in the background but we'd like to hold back on it until we can get more people with us. You know, for the sake of picking the pace up some!

So pass the word. Let others know. We need people. Anyone have a friend of a friend of a friend that can model/texture and is interested? Hit me up.

In the meantime, here's a doodle of the Sonic design being used in the game (by Prof Zolo).

sonicconcept2%20copy.png

Other reasons why there's been slow going is because of how I've been quite preoccupied with other things in my life for the past while. So just hold on tight guys. We got this.

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 5

GREEN EYES WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS GAME IS RUINED FOREVER I HATE YOU

Yes ok! great to know game is still going good!!!

Yes good news!!! Great news!!!

Design is awesome!! Is outstanding!!

Thanks guys! Will let Zolo know you liked it. We're still doing minor touch ups for what its gonna look like when modeled, but yeah its basically what he's gonna look like.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought you guys would like to know that there is an update on this over at retro, here you go
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=30766&view=findpost&p=731867
sadly cant quote it cause I am in pending limbo over there. also, those are some sketch renders, they show a chunk of the details, but some of the stuff on them wont show up ingame, while some other things that dont will