Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Wait a second... Richard Branson. He has his own plane train and cruise line... And he's approved the original ASR..! OMG! Richard Branson is the flagman!

LMAO! The riddle has...BEEN...SOOOOOLVED! laugh.png

Edited by KrazyBean

and to be honest I don't even understand why he's so loved.

IIRC, he's SEGA's version of Chuck Norris, a badass figure to look towards.

To be fair, if Segata Sanshiro is in, he couldn't be a racer, since his all stars move would involve he lifting the entire race track and throwing it. When you race Sanshiro there is no race. But...

segata.jpg

This is a hint? IDK guys.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

I will gladly take Segata over another Sonic character or over characters we've never seen that still make it in (Zobio and zobiko). It would be a great piece or nostalgia.

I agree with Blue Blood 100%, yeah Segata's cool and all but I don't see how he's exactly ultimate fanservice when his existence wasn't known to even die hard SEGA fans until a few years ago.

I certainly wouldn't be pleased if he was the final unlockable :/

• Thumbs Up 5

Screw all characters from the game and give us Segata Sanshiro instead xD. We will be racing with other Segatas so it could be a fair competition.

So the demo was from like a July build? YEAH, THEY TOTALLY DIDN'T WORK ON THE GAME IN THOSE ALMOST 3 MONTHS, GUYS. But seriously, I can see how this would be frustrating to the team and S0L. They can't really truly prove them wrong on it until the final product releases.

Remember when we I reported that the game's going to be at the EB Games Expo this year?

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/09/sasr-transformed-playable-at-australias-eb-games-expo-2012/

Well, the Wii U version is going to be at the Nintendo booth.

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/eb-expo-2012-nintendo-australia-exhibitor-profile/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

I wonder if it'll be the same old build and cause more complaints. Would be a shame after sites have now reported about the Wii U problems being sorted out.

TSSZ has reported the problems being sorted (just read their latest article), and they still sort of stuck the knife in (roles eyes).

All we can do is wait for the final product, which WILL silence the doubters.

Edited by NightwingFox

I'm not saying Segata should be the Secret fanservice unlockable thing, but him just being a character in the game would be cool. It seriously wouldn't be a horrible choice on their part, and complaining about it would seem dumb considering that there would at least be more Sega history and references to add to the game.

Him atleast being a character in the background in say some special Sega history stage would be neat. Maybe he could effect the stage somehow.

Edited by Riku

I agree that him being the final unlockable doesn't fit quite well with me. Certainly have him tucked away but not the final final thing. Hard to say.

There have been weirder joke unlocks in racing games before though. I recall Top Gear Rally 2 on the N64 having the N64 logo on wheels as an unlock. It was pretty cool actually lol.

I don't imagine though anyone would be that bothered though. Even non-SEGA hardcores would probably just be like "Haha who is this crazy badass guy?" and might even look him up.

I don't imagine though anyone would be that bothered though. Even non-SEGA hardcores would probably just be like "Haha who is this crazy badass guy?" and might even look him up.

But for him to be the final unlockable...?

I remember being MAJORLY disappoint by Mr. Game and Watch in Melee.

What, I rather have a multiple IP track, since I don't know how a racer would work, unless it's a SEGA char driving a custom SEGA car.

If Alex Kidd and Opa-Opa hadn't already appeared in the series, then I might have thought that it was the former piloting the latter. The way they're hyping this up though, it seems more likely they are IPs we have yet to see in the series.

Edited by Pawn

Anyone wanna place some serious bets for the Hornet with another character driving it? Multiple "characters" without plopping two in a vehicle, a lot of people were speculating/hoping that the Hornet would be in this game anyways so "something everybody wants" could fit...

I dunno! This really could be anything and it's hard to guess, haha.

Edited by Mykonos

It still makes sense that it would be Sanshiro driving Opa Opa and Hornet.

I mean, he's more of a general Sega rep than a representation of any specific franchise, so of course his vehicle could represent multiple IPs and still be in-character.

It actually makes more sense for him to be like this, as he could drive a Sega Saturn on wheels during the land segments but it doesn't make much sense for the Saturn to transform into a boat or something unless it just grows pontoons and wings, which wouldn't be as exciting. Why not take the opportunity to represent different IPs instead?

a way to include Segata + Saturn (on water), + Hornet (land) + Opa Opa (Air)?

Sounds cool enough.

T think we'll get some surprise, but I don't think that this will be one of them, even though so cool

I'm still holding out for some Daytona inclusion into this game, be it racer or IP track.

So do I. First OutRun, then After Burner. All we need is Daytona and Streets of Rage for GOTY.

Edited by Jango