Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Hmm just wondering but is the PC version going to future 4 player split-screen since that's the second reason for me getting the PC ver.

Just looking at IGN's best of E3 awards, and this game hasn't even been nominated in the Best Racing Game category sad.png

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-e3-2012-awards

So what? Who cares what IGN says? Why do you even read them? This is the same website that docks points from Sonic games simply because they're Sonic games. They're a corporate shill website where good opinions are sold to the highest bidder. The worst review site on the face of the Earth.

tbeaI.jpg

I actually liked the 90 degrees turns... It demanded skill and made the game more challenging.

The Transformed turns and corners look a lot easier and simpler... I hope there are tight turns in other tracks.

There were frustrating corners which you could get sort of stuck in which were deemed too frustrating in the pirate level last time. We want to avoid frustration, but still make challenging levels, and it's a very fine balance. One persons 'challenging' is another persons 'annoying'!

We chose to nurf the difficulty on the Monkeyball track as we also wanted to create a "light to dark" progress through the track order... SMB being thematically bright and breezy means it will be an early track so has to be a less challenging level as they get mildly harder as the game progresses. (ie Golden Axe flight section) I hope that makes sense.

Edited by SumoRex
  • Thumbs Up 8

Although I found them difficult at first, I did grow to love the Monkey Ball tracks in the previous game. However I like that the tracks will become progressively darker to match the difficulty this time around.

Edited by Lungo

There were frustrating corners which you could get sort of stuck in which were deemed too frustrating in the pirate level last time. We want to avoid frustration, but still make challenging levels, and it's a very fine balance. One persons 'challenging' is another persons 'annoying'!

Ah yes, the pirate level. Where I would eventually figure out how to do the stupid spin turns, only to then manage to overturn on the last lap when I was finally ahead, and get completely stuck and unable to get back in the race and come in last. Just as happy to see the end of that one.

> Split screen on a PC

wat

Yes indeed, have a laptop which can easily handle current games in 1080p so usually when my friends come over(or the opposite) i just connect it to the 40 inch TV(or 2 screens split i.e Portal 2) and play Blur or the other limited amount of splitscreen games that is available on PC.

This game is looking really fantastic and I'm happy that this is one of the 3 games I'm looking forward to this year. E3 totally sucked and has left me with nothing to get excited about, but I'll proudly pick this up day one.

Also it helps that online in the first game was so much fun and I'm onboard as long as you keep making games as good as the first (or better lol).

Amy's new vehicle is much nicer, still think it should have been more original though, same for Sonic's (and Aiai's in the original All-stars racing, don't know if he's in this game though)

Some Eggman gameplay (And finally someone using the bloody drift button!)

The amount of people I've seen not touching the drift button was insane, Sumo should put a mandatory tutorial when you first boot your game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh hey! The adventure/story mode islands are on the title screen! Has anybody pointed those out yet?

They remind me of Kingdom Hearts.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some Eggman gameplay (And finally someone using the bloody drift button!)

[media=]

The amount of people I've seen not touching the drift button was insane, Sumo should put a mandatory tutorial when you first boot your game.

Close race, he was pretty good...although he did drive like a madman most of the time laugh.png

Did I mention that this game moves pretty damn fast for a kart racer? Then again, these are actual vehicle the characters are driving, not karts.

Did I mention that this game moves pretty damn fast for a kart racer? Then again, these are actual vehicle the characters are driving, not karts.

He picked the hardest difficulty available, which apparently increases your speed.

Somebody over at the official Sega forums figured out that ToeJam & Earl is owned by Sega Corporation and not Greg Johnson, and the first two games were re-released recently on Steam. So if they don't appear in this game, somebody done goofed.

Hmm just wondering but is the PC version going to future 4 player split-screen since that's the second reason for me getting the PC ver.

I can live without TJ&E. I can't live without Vectorman. How I have waited to play as him again... I hope it's a reality this time...

.... I doubt there is... But S0L any idea if any ASR stuff/Sumo digital content has made it into the Wreck it Ralf movie?

The Sonic Facebook page posted this for hitting 3 million "Likes":

205255_10150942958622418_1450304850_n.jpg

EDIT: I see this was posted in the Racer Roster thread. Oops. Err...take this as a way of saying we may not get the concept art mentioned above? :P

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 3

He picked the hardest difficulty available, which apparently increases your speed.

Is that true? I mean the speed thing.

I would prefer the speed to be selectable without being attached to AI difficulty (again, if its true that there are different speeds based on difficulty).

Also, thanks S0L for your answer! Its nice to have you here!

Edited by Ferr