Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Love those build-ups. Especially in Adder's Lair, Graffiti City, Samba Studios & Burning Depths.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like to know if the game could work on my PC. You see, I got it for my 18th birthday and now I'm 22. You do the math.

The specs are:

Windows XP (64-bit)

Pentium Dual Core CPU

E5300 2.60 GHz

1 GB of RAM

Radeon X1600/X1650 Series

I have no idea whatsoever.

I would like to know if the game could work on my PC. You see, I got it for my 18th birthday and now I'm 22. You do the math.

The specs are:

Windows XP (64-bit)

Pentium Dual Core CPU

E5300 2.60 GHz

1 GB of RAM

Radeon X1600/X1650 Series

I have no idea whatsoever.

Sorry, pal, but it ain't gonna run on your PC :/

---

I'm still sad that we're likely not getting any track DLC. C'mon S0L, a Daytona track wouldn't have many details, it would be cheaper :D Also, a Richard Jacques remix of Rolling Start, please S2

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, pal, but it ain't gonna run on your PC :/

Yeah, I tought so, but, hey, asking doesn't hurt, right?

I really need to see if Transformed works decent on Intel i-Series processors with Intel HD. Shame I couldn't test this myself until Easter. =/

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Yeah, I tought so, but, hey, asking doesn't hurt, right?

I don't know how accurate this is but... a few people say it's usually a good indicator.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed/11572?p=r

though it doesn't really aid when it comes to if your PC is physically able to do it.

E.g. My laptop is able to play Fallout 3 and well... a few othe big PC games. But I can't run a lot of PC games as they tend to over-heat my laptop and it turns off.. . ... my laptop was angry =(

Actually gonna check mine... DAWWWW! It says it won't run on mine, my CPU isn't good enough...

I don't know how accurate this is but... a few people say it's usually a good indicator.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed/11572?p=r

though it doesn't really aid when it comes to if your PC is physically able to do it.

E.g. My laptop is able to play Fallout 3 and well... a few othe big PC games. But I can't run a lot of PC games as they tend to over-heat my laptop and it turns off.. . ... my laptop was angry =(

Actually gonna check mine... DAWWWW! It says it won't run on mine, my CPU isn't good enough...

I'm not sure how accurate it is... according to it I can't run portal 2 and I can tell you it's way off. SOL did say if you can run portal 2 you should be able to run this so don't go purely off of the results that site gives.

Wondering
just how many copies of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed were
shipped? SEGA has revealed that 930,000 copies were moved across North
America and Europe. Keep in mind that this is not a sold number, but a
number of copies made available for purchase. This number doesn't
include the 3DS version.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195676

So across Wii U, 360, PS3, and Vita it only sold almost 1 million copies. I'm not sure if this is good or bad?

3. This is very likely to be true. New levels are quite art
intensive, they literally take months to build, especially as they're
certainly not just simple circuits. Right now there are no plans to add
any extra levels to the game purely due to the expense involved. Sorry!

The only reason I want another level is because there is an empty space below the Outrun track. I'd love to see another classic track ported if a new level won't take its place.

1. We had all manner of talks about it, but it's currently gone a little quiet. Nothing unusual in that, sometimes things take a little time whilst various avenues are explored tongue.png

2. Console updates are in with SEGA at the moment being QA'd. Not got a timeline on this, but it's being worked on.

3. This is very likely to be true. New levels are quite art intensive, they literally take months to build, especially as they're certainly not just simple circuits. Right now there are no plans to add any extra levels to the game purely due to the expense involved. Sorry!

---

S0L

---

No really it's understandable, but I feel you could have put effort into making newer levels to add to the game because people would gladly pay for stuff like this, it's the same with SEGA and Generations, so much missed potential it's crazy.

Thanks for the reply :)

This ones an oldie but a goodie, just not sure if S0L has seen it yet.

S0L you know how the original ASR got a bunch of Sonic toys made including RC cars... well...

Any chance we can get 1970's squirrel mode added in the next patch?

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind a couple more tracks from the first All-Stars Racing to boost the track number a bit if that's all we can get for maps. Maybe Sewer Scrapes, Highway Zero or Rocky Coaster? I guess the upward spiral in Deadly Route wouldn't work very well with the new drifting in Transformed.

What I don't get is why you'd have a DLC section if you don't actually plan on making any more tracks as DLC, it's misleading and stupid why not just have a separate category next to mirror mode saying "Bonus Track" instead of a whole new screen for "DLC Stages" :/

This ones an oldie but a goodie, just not sure if S0L has seen it yet.

S0L you know how the original ASR got a bunch of Sonic toys made including RC cars... well...

Any chance we can get 1970's squirrel mode added in the next patch?

Well if we ever make it moddable, I could replace the tank with a giant squirrel model.... or knuckles with the Ray the flying squirrel model I have XD

I've tried and tried and tried to enjoy this game, but I'm not having much fun. In fact, I'm only still playing World Tour because I'm a completionist and like to try and complete games in my favourite series'. I'd also like to try out all of the characters and I'm at Superstar Showdown with 3 more characters to go. I've beaten all of the previous tours on hard difficulty racking up 147 stars and found a lot of the challenges to be downright frustrating. Now I've unlocked expert difficulty and tried it on a few challenges, but it's just plain unreal and more depressing than the hard ones. I'd like to think I'm a fairly good player, but I don't think I'm going to be able to beat expert difficulty. I'm all for a challenge, but this is over the top.

Other things that annoy me include:

• Bumper car physics
  • Terrible AI. Frequent example: I attack them, overtake them, then they immediately come speeding past me. 
  • Lack of music choice.
  • Weapons are uninspired and aren't very useful/helpful. 
  • All-Star moves are also not very helpful, when you can even get them. 
  • Traffic Attack is the most frustrating thing ever. I don't understand how anyone could have fun with these missions.
  • Difficult to aim weapons when drifting.
  • Drift boosts take too long to happen after releasing the button. 

I absolutely love the first game, so I was really hoping to enjoy this game, too, but instead it just frustrates me. 

Yeah I hate it when I hit a racer in front with ice, and they DON'T slow down at all! While if they do that to me, "I" slow down. =/

• Thumbs Up 3

After having the PC version for about a week I agree on all those points. Expert mode reminds me so much of how hard F-Zero GX was, dare I say it may be even worse. Traffic Attack is still pretty frustrating. I haven't had that much of the bumper car physics online except for a Capture the Chao game on the Super Monkey Ball arena, for some reason it was horrible there but I did some races with the same people straight after and it wasn't bad at all.

I still enjoy this game a lot though, at the moment I'm trying to take it a bit slow with world tour since I got to 165 stars in only a few days and don't want to get bored too quickly. Most of my time is being spent in time attack and single race. Hopefully it doesn't take long for Metal Sonic and Outrun Bay to arrive on Steam, if only Sega would just come out and say when we're getting them!

I wished the barrier item was kept in, at least that one is directly related to a Sega game. It's unfortunate that the battle arena modes can't be done in single player too.

Maybe there's a dedicated section for DLC stages because Sumo wouldn't want to rule out the possibility even though the chances for more are unrealistic. If Sega tells Sumo to make more stages they'll have to do it right? :P

Edited by Toothpaste

Been playing more the PC version. Really wish I could download Ghosts from the leaderboards to see the best strategies.

Speaking of leaderboards, there's this one guy, MOTARO.ru who always seems to be about 10 seconds higher than the best time. I suspect he's cheating, especially when he's doing it with characters like Tails. Does SUMO/SEGA have any way to check for this kind of thing? Are the leaderboards going to be moderated at all?

Noticed some of Motaro's scores when playing last night. I seriously doubt it's possible to get that good a time on Carrier Zone with Shogun legitimately. Glad there aren't people posting 00:00 scores like with Sonic CD.

What's strange with Shadow is that with his starting animations sometimes those goofy facial expressions show up, sometimes they don't. What is up with that anyway, S0L? Was making Shadow smile meant to be a gag? I don't actually play as Sonic too often so I'm not sure if they were just cloned from his animations.

Yeah, there are lot of weird times in the console leaderboard as well, like Race of AGES in 15 seconds, Galactic Parade in 10 and so on. They are not cheating, just breaking the game by abusing glitches, like that guy on YT do.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sonic-all-star-racing-transformed-face-off

PS3 has some of best textures and is in HD.

Wii U looks better than 360, is a little worse than PS3.

Screen tearing is bad on PS3 with FPS also dipping to low 20FPS.

360 usually stays at 30FPS, some tearing.

Wii U has no tearing and seems to stay mostly at 30FPS while dipping to 25FPS.

"PS3's resolution advantage is off-set by more frame-rate dips and
obvious screen-tear. Only the Wii U version is v-synced and tear-free.

Putting the strong PC port aside, we'd pin the Wii U version down as the
console version to opt for based on flexibility alone. Despite being a
launch title, the range of options it boasts above the competition is
commendable, with support for all original Wii control configurations,
plus the GamePad and Classic Pro. Once set, all five players can also be
taken online as a group, and, best of all, the visuals and performance
aren't noticeably cut down in the process of adding these new modes and
features. However, if these extras aren't a factor for you, Sonic &
All-Stars Racing Transformed is also an easy recommendation to make on
360 and PS3.

So basically

Get the Wii U version if you like the tons of different options in game such as controllers, bonus modes, 5 players.

Get the PS3/360.. if you don't care.

This five player thing is really cool imo..

No one complained about the screen tearing on the PS3, but Eurogamer made it seem obvious though.

I certainly can't remember any bad screen tearing, but then I wasn't deliberately looking for it. And if it was bad like Generations on PC without V-sync on a 60Hz laptop screen, I would have known without looking for it.

And I think all of us can agree now that the Wii U version is better because of the extra modes and features it has. However back in November, the result would have been different. =p

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

We still have a DLC character to come, right? S0L said SEGA decided on a character from the vote, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm starting to think that the online race I won was just pure luck or the other players were bad because since then I couldn't get more than 3rd place :(