Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Who knew Sonic was willing to act like such a douche in public? lol

Woah. Sonic DID NOT like that chick getting in his shot, and she was clearly annoyed by it.

EDIT: After seeing that video, I understand that Sonic was too far gone from his ring addiction and didn't want help from that lady.

Edited by Pixel Brain

LOL did Sonic smack that lady away?

Well, turns out the woman was accusing Sonic of ring addiction, and said he needed help. She was asking for it:

http://www.g4tv.com/...3-floor-report/

Yeah, I just watched that interview a few posts ago, way to take things out of context! (talking about all of us here)

• Thumbs Up 1

Incidentally, Joe's design is a mix of classic Super Shinobi and Jiro from Shinobi 3DS. You've got to make characters appear really dynamic in the game, just having a straight ninja suit doesn't leave us an awful lot to animate. We did do our homework though sir!

---

S0L

---

The scarf and the golden forehead protector are pretty much what sets Jiro apart from Joe... so in the end its pretty much Jiro.

Also, just having a hedgehog, sky pirate, and a dwarf doesn't leave you an awful lot to animate, does it? Shouldn't you add stuff that are not in the original character design? Shadow with a trench coat? Nah, the backlash will be great... so lets bastardize a character from a lesser known franchise like Shinobi.

Ah cool, we get to see a little more of Shadow's sea transformation in action. I'm really happy they went with a more SA2 GUN robot-type design over the generic offerings from ShTH and '06.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, just having a hedgehog, sky pirate, and a dwarf doesn't leave you an awful lot to animate, does it? Shouldn't you add stuff that are not in the original character design? Shadow with a trench coat? Nah, the backlash will be great... so lets bastardize a character from a lesser known franchise like Shinobi.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

S0L just basically confirmed that it's a mix between two designs. Regardless, it has the base character also serving some fanservice to a different game in the series, so it's the furthest from a bastardization as possible. A bastardization would've been having a ninja dressed all in black on a mini-kart: The most dull, drab, uninteresting thing possible.

You don't have to be an art/design major to know that big, flappy, contrasting colours are bound to be more aesthetically pleasing than non-flappy, drab, solid colours.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Joe adopted a bit of his Father's costume as a tribute to him for the race."

Done.

• Thumbs Up 5

7343331810_41c1614055.jpg

What!? NO!? Unhand that young lady! DANICA RUN! You don't know what he's like! You're not the first!

*calls up the hedgehog - human relations hotline*

HE'S AT IT AGAIN! LOOK AT THAT HAND! WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED!?

LOL did Sonic smack that lady away?

Well you know by the end of the day... she'll be on Sonic's list. Although it looks like we finally found something that Sonic is more interested in... videogames... just like human men too!

Have we all calmed down a bit now then? Can we get back to looking forward to the game and the next proper (SEGA) reveals tongue.png

Can we have Danica + 1970's trousers mode?

Also S0L, not sure if Sumo actually get a say in this... but do we have any word on either pre-order bonus' or collectors editions?

• Thumbs Up 7

Also S0L, not sure if Sumo actually get a say in this... but do we have any word on either pre-order bonus' or collectors editions?

I don't think that anything like that could be mentioned right now. It'll all have to come alone further down the line. Though I'd love an LE/CE, especially if the Wii U version launches with the others.

Sean's First Impressions

Not me.

Actually kinda looking forward to this, which is more than I could have said for Sonic 4 or Generations.

Actually, it is something we've suggested. SEGA's marketing team approached us for ideas of cool things we could do - and they got more than they expected! One of them was special collectors editions with some in-box stuff - but it's all a little in the air right now. If I find out it's a potentially I'll vaguely hint at it smile.png

---

S0L

---

EMPTY THE WALLETZ!

Wow, I didn't think that there would be any chance this game would actually get one! Thats... pretty awesome! Dare I ask what suggestions those where? I assume they would be toy/model cars of the racers? Or something like Sonic themed car keys? Something driving related? A fully working Speedstar for us to drive? A pair of 70's trousers? Or a S0L bobble head for the backseat of the car!

If you do make a collectors edition, don't just throe in some extra content, make it compete with if not better than Generations'.

I love how your username mirrors your posts...

(....)

I just want you to know that the reason for why I may have sounded upset is because you've done a perfect job with the other characters and the fan-service elements, that the fact that Joe didn't look faithful to his 16-bit design stood out like a sore thumb... So you should take that as a compliment. Other devs wouldn't bother to get 1:1 representation, let alone respond to bitter fans.

Oh well, not a big deal, I still plan on getting the game.

Thanks to S0L, I kind of really want Shinobi to have Will Farrel's voice.

Every time you hit a puffer fish mine, he shouts "John Bonham's playing Moby Dick for real!" ... and whenever he comes in second to Sonic, he yells "You're my boy, Blue!"

Thanks S0L... For implanting and simultaneously shattering my hopes.

Spoiler tagged as to not shit up thread with petty arguments.

Except for the fact that she's the first woman to ever win an IndyCar race? And she's consistently placed in the top 5 in races throughout her career? And thus you are talking completely out of your own ass?

But I guess she's "terrible" because she doesn't always place first. Which is a ludicrous statement. Here's a news flash for you, racing leagues in real life do not work like Mario Kart where anything less than first place is completely worthless. She only recently started her NASCAR career, she was previously a Formula One driver with many notable achievements on her record. So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you're just pretending to know what you're talking about.

I'm very much a Danica fanboy, I will defend her the same way people here will defend characters like Shadow. So watch what you say.

Edited by Solly

Haven't said anything about this yet, shame on me!

I've played the first All Stars Racing, it was pretty cool. This one looks 10 times cooler, graphically and gameplay wise. And at least now my ears won't have to hear Jason Griffith and co.'s recycled voice clips from Sonic 06. >_>