Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

An Angel Island track would be incredibly sexy, and putting it in perspective now, could work perfect as an ASRT track. I mean you driving through the stage, there's plenty of water and waterfalls for boats, and you could sore up the mountains and around the island still. Not to mention how each track seems to change every lap, you could have the final lap be Act 2 after every this on fire.

I mean holy shit

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys do realise the islands on the title screen are simply the Temple Trouble and Dragon Canyon courses from the demo, right? There is an adventure mode of sorts we've yet to hear anything about, but that's not Angel Island you can see there.

• Thumbs Up 3

You guys do realise the islands on the title screen are simply the Temple Trouble and Dragon Canyon courses from the demo, right? There is an adventure mode of sorts we've yet to hear anything about, but that's not Angel Island you can see there.

I figured the one would be the Golden Axe track, but I thought the other one looked like Angel Island. I can just about see another island in the background, so I thought that one might be one of the other tracks.

Shows how much I'm avoiding the game XD

I figured the one would be the Golden Axe track, but I thought the other one looked like Angel Island. I can just about see another island in the background, so I thought that one might be one of the other tracks.

Either or, it's one of the two. But I'm sure the one on the right is Temple Trouble. It fits the bill quite well.

Edited by Blue Blood

Yeah, I'm like Shadz and have been trying to avoid spoiling too much of the content for myself. :lol:

Still, an Angel Island track would be godly.

Yeah, I'm like Shadz and have been trying to avoid spoiling too much of the content for myself. laugh.png

Still, an Angel Island track would be godly.

Count me in on that too, but I don't get what that has to do with any of this.

The demo courses were Dragon Canyon, Temple Trouble and Adder's Lair.

There's still lots of courses left. I bet they're gonna have some really crazy ones in there...

I mean people keep talking about Angel Island and Emerald Hill and all that stuff but not much discussion has been going on the potential difficult/advanced tracks in the game.

But save that for the Track Roster thread

Questions for SoL:

Will any of the courses be on open roads? That is one long course made up of separate sections instead of a traditional race track where you have to go round in circles until you complete a set number of laps.

Also how about the odd course without transformations? A solely wheels on the turf, screeching round corners for kart racing purists.

Questions for SoL:

Will any of the courses be on open roads? That is one long course made up of separate sections instead of a traditional race track where you have to go round in circles until you complete a set number of laps.

Also how about the odd course without transformations? A solely wheels on the turf, screeching round corners for kart racing purists.

Not sure what you mean about the first one. You mean like a point to point track? The thing we learned doing a number of tracks is they're kind of point to point in cases anyway. Take Panzer, whilst you do pass through the same start/finish line, the water and air routes are totally different to the land routes.One rule we do have is you will always go through the same Start/Finish gate so you know where the laps start and end, so if you're expecting an OutRun style 5 stage affair, stop expecting it now :P

Also with the classic tracks, these don't have transformations in, so they're pure driving. We have had to make changes to these tracks due to the new handling - and there are a few surprises too - but this sounds like the thing you're looking for.

BTW - the shot from my Facebook shows the same code we showed at E3, but if you're not going to Summer of Sonic or Sonic Boom, then you can get to try this at Games Britannia. This weekend coming it's open to the public for a small entry fee, as well as Transformed we also have the ASR cabs on show, some of the other SUMO games and there is a whole help more to see too. Recommended if you're local, and I'm currently planning to be there on the Sunday if folk want to come say hello!

I'm also doing a talk on Thursday on the Making of ASR and a brief history of games in Sheffield, as well as a Guinness World Record attempt on the ASR cabs, but I think the tickets for this have now gone. Bummer eh :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

An Angel Island track would be incredibly sexy, and putting it in perspective now, could work perfect as an ASRT track. I mean you driving through the stage, there's plenty of water and waterfalls for boats, and you could sore up the mountains and around the island still. Not to mention how each track seems to change every lap, you could have the final lap be Act 2 after every this on fire.

I mean holy shit

That will be extremely sexy. Since the adventure mode will feature the tracks IPs like floating islands, why not make Angel Island, since it's already a floating island and also a whole place in Sonic's world, not a single level. It could have little surprises from various levels from Sonic 3.

I heard that Danica Patrick spilled the beans on her special move in the game. Alot of people online are critisizing it for being a special move of a certain Italian plumber.

I heard that Danica Patrick spilled the beans on her special move in the game. Alot of people online are critisizing it for being a special move of a certain Italian plumber.

Great...if that's the case then people are gonna continue to bitch, moan and whine about this game "ripping off" more things. Hurray.

...Where did you hear this from?

Edited by KrazyBean

Great...if that's the case then people are gonna continue to bitch, moan and whine about this game "ripping off" more things. Hurray.

I've learn to not care about people moaning about this game 'ripping off' Mario cause they're going to find something to complain about one way or the other. I guess every kart racer game is always going to be compared to Mario Kart.

Edited by sonfan1984

Where are you seeing these criticisms? It's interesting as I don't think it's anything like something Mario does :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

Does Danica have theme music that plays when she does her all-star?

An original composition called The Danica Patrick Song?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's sad Sonic can't have a racing game without it being called a Mario rip-off, even though they play entirely different.

It's sad Sonic can't have a racing game without it being called a Mario rip-off, even though they play entirely different.

I know, it does stink even though all the reviews say that it is completely different people still say that it is a rip off. Edited by PwnzorProd

S0L, I got a question.

How does BD Joe see where he's going in this game?

The "TAXI" sign on his windshield is right in front of his face. Shouldn't you give his windshield a bit more height before the game comes out?

0YUjh.jpg

Come on, that's a rough deal for the guy. Please fix this for his sake.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 9

S0L, I got a question.

The "TAXI" sign on his windshield is right in front of his face. Shouldn't you give his windshield a bit more height before the game comes out?

0YUjh.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Where are you seeing these criticisms? It's interesting as I don't think it's anything like something Mario does tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Hey guys this is something cool that I was able to find:

We have an opportunity for people interested in voluntary work experience at Sumo Digital.

During July & August 2012, we will be running an open game balancing team at the studio.

This involves people joining us for up to 3 weeks at a time, sitting and playing the game through like a normal user would, and we gather data as you go, retune areas, provide a new build, play through again, play multiplayer, play different game modes etc. There would be the opportunity to provide feedback and help to shape the game experience. You would also meet with people from various disciplines, learn how a game is made from the inside and generally expand your knowledge hugely.

The majority of the time would be spent on the balancing team, but we'd try and mix it up, and you'd definitely learn a lot about how things are done here on a day-to-day basis and have the opportunity to ask lots of questions!

We believe this is a great opportunity for people interested in joining the games industry to see how things are done on the inside, to help shape and improve a game, and to build their skillset to improve their chances of future employment within the games industry.

The opportunity is only available to people who live within the North of England and can travel to Sheffield each day, or have accommodation available in the area. We will be able to reimburse travel expenses that we consider reasonable, I.e. that private jet each day from Sweden is probably pushing it bit too far.

We will run an initial trial period of one week where we assess your suitability, and where you get to decide whether you're enjoying it!

At the end of that week, assuming everything is going well, we will confirm extension for next two weeks.

For any interested applicants:

1. Are you available around these times?

•Slot 1: 2nd July > 20th July

•Slot 2: 23rd July > 10th August

2. The times required each day are 11am > 6pm, with an hour for lunch between 1 & 2pm.

If you have any questions, or are only available for part of the periods mentioned, or would like to be considered for future balancing team opportunities please feel free to contact us.

Applications should be sent to balancing@sumo-digital.com

Edited by PwnzorProd

S0L, I got a question.

0YUjh.jpg

LOL - we have already noticed and worried about this, but without the sign, it's not really his car. He's got the 'knowledge' anyway, like any good cabbie, so he could drive with his eyes closed.

http://www.tssznews....-all-star-move/

Here are the compliants people are saying its copying Mario's fireball move in the Mario series, especially in how the fireballs are used in MK7.

Ah... Yeah, I did see that (I keep an eye on what TSSZ post as they're good at being first letting me know about any leaks :P) - but if you read the comments they've took an idea and run with it, rather than react to the actual move (which only we've seen!). I'm not too worried about it, let em speculate :P

Hey guys this is something cool that I was able to find:

We have an opportunity for people interested in voluntary work experience at Sumo Digital...

I did post a seperate thread about this, indeed we have our first group here in the studio right at the moment. They're doing some great work giving us feedback. We're still looking for applications and we might open up a third session of this too, so it's not too late if you fit the criteria!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

If she really did shoot fireballs and temporarily disable her opponents, it would be exactly like the Fire Flower from MK 7. I really doubt you guys would do something like that, though.

Edit: By the way, looking forward to SHAKING it up as Amigo again. *Is bricked*

Edited by Crow T. Robot