Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I knew that the chatacter roster will have total of 27 characters, but it doesn't including three extra characters right? If so, then it will have 12 slots left. Saving them to unlock them in the adventure mode is a great idea.

I, for one, am just really excited to find out who this new guest character is going to be.

Was just checking out that Zavvi Article on the front page and noticed that THERE WILL BE SPLIT SCREEN MULTIPLAYER!! Hell yes! Me n' my buddies can finally verse in the battle mode. :D

If so, then it will have 12 slots left. Saving them to unlock them in the adventure mode is a great idea.

I'd be cool with that, although realistically I'd be willing to bet we will get wind of at least 3 or 4 more characters before the game actually ships.

Was just checking out that Zavvi Article on the front page and noticed that THERE WILL BE SPLIT SCREEN MULTIPLAYER!! Hell yes! Me n' my buddies can finally verse in the battle mode. biggrin.png

Umm, there was always split-screen multiplayer. It was in the first game too. It's in nearly every game of this type.

I'd be cool with that, although realistically I'd be willing to bet we will get wind of at least 3 or 4 more characters before the game actually ships.

Right. I agree with that. If what they saying about 27 characters total excluding 3 third-party ones is true, then it will have 12 slots left , so far 15 of them have been confirmed. But if not, then it will have 9 slots left.

It's mostly telling us that they're trying to make the game different from Mario Kart, scalable to mobiles, and some talk about IPs. From the tone of those last questions I assume we're not going to be seeing any sign of Wonder Boy, but that's just a guess, or did you guys figure that out before this?

SOL CONFIRMS SOME VERSIONS WILL HAVE DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF CHARACTERS (Low 20s vs high 20s)

The thing is, different people think of different things when you say 'How many characters are in the game'.

Are we talking about playable choices, drivers, vehicle forms, which platform are we talking about, what?

Me, I go with actual playable choices on the character select. Over all the different platforms, this totals up to 29 actual playable choices. But that doesn't mean that there are 29 playable choices in all platforms (in fact no single platform has all 29). Some drop down to the low 20's, some instead have high 20's.

Why is this? Well some platforms have characters that are unique to that platform. I'm not going to say which, that's part of the fun of the reveals! Some are SEGA characters, some are not. Don't bother asking tongue.png

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?418847-Sumo-s-Joe-Neate-and-SEGA-s-Derrek-Peel-quot-Final-Roster-is-20-Characters-quot&p=7471522&viewfull=1#post7471522 Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well that would suck if they had SEGA characters exclusive to certain consoles.

I get something like the HD versions would have a larger roster than the mobile versions, but if, say, they have Ryo exclusive to the XBOX, NiGHTS exclusive to Wii U, etc. then I'll be pissed off.

Fucking exclusives >:U

But is he hinting at certain Sega Franchises being exclusive to certain consoles?

Looks like I'm definitely getting all console and handheld console versions again XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Fucking exclusives >:U

But is he hinting at certain Sega Franchises being exclusive to certain consoles?

Well, you have series like Yakuza that are exclusive for the Sony consoles for example.

Edited by Tmsp

Rhythm Thief's Raphael for the 3DS version please biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Well, you could read it a few ways. Think of the last game, the 360 version had two more racers than the PS3 version (Avatar and Banjo) and both the 360 and PS3 had more more than the Wii (Metal Sonic). Meanwhile the iOS version had the least amount (around 12 racers I think). So if something like that were the case, it would be no different with Transformed.

I'm just hoping they don't make SEGA characters console exclusive. That would piss off a lot of fans. I think every fan deserves the same SEGA characters. Just because something like Yakuza is a PS3 exclusive series, doesn't mean that Wii U or 360 fans shouldn't be able to have a Yakuza character in their game.

Rhythm Thief's Raphael for the 3DS version please biggrin.png

I'd buy the 3DS version in a heart beat if this happens :D

Well, you could read it a few ways. Think of the last game, the 360 version had two more racers than the PS3 version (Avatar and Banjo) and both the 360 and PS3 had more more than the Wii (Metal Sonic). Meanwhile the iOS version had the least amount (around 12 racers I think). So if something like that were the case, it would be no different with Transformed.

I'm just hoping they don't make SEGA characters console exclusive. That would piss off a lot of fans. I think every fan deserves the same SEGA characters. Just because something like Yakuza is a PS3 exclusive series, doesn't mean that Wii U or 360 fans shouldn't be able to have a Yakuza character in their game.

I mean yeah, their sega's characters, so if they want to put a ps3 exclusive game on 360 or wii u go ahead. They don't have to go through a huge long process to get the rights.

I just hope this doesn't end up like Street fighter X tekken when it comes to exclusives.

Heh, I quite like the sound of this. Especially if there's Wii U/3DS exclusives. I may have to get the 360 version too if Banjo returns, but it's a good thing I don't like Sony characters. I wouldn't want to have to buy the PS3/PSV ones as well.

Sonic & Console Exclusive All-Stars Racing Transformed with Sonic the Werehog.

Yes, in his monster truck.