Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I was thinking that, too. Hope it's that, since that would be really cool.

So this mods can be perhaps extra costumes?!

Catching up on some...

Can we expect Ocean View to be the starting stage? Or is there an even simpler stage that fufills that role?

It is right now, but we generally decide on the track order once we've made sure they're in ascending levels of difficulty...!

Are we going to get anything involving Battle Mode? I'm not so sure the original game showcased it off either.

I'm a bit curious on how much it has improved and how it will work with all the new forms. A lot of people didn't even know a Battle Mode existed (Funny enough, a lot of people said this the same on here!) in the last game so I hope it gets more recognition this time.

Mostly we've not talked about this as it's not been fully revealed. When it is, we'll say more :P

I don't know whether this is answered or not...but will this game have a Mirror Mode?

Maybe :P

and yet still no 3DS screens or Gameplay.....

There will be in time. The main thing right now is we're in the process of getting the framerate right. It looks very pretty, but it's not running at full speed. Since we might need to pull back on things visually to increase the framerate, we don't want to show you anything that's misleading. Patience :)

Kori of The Website of the Dead interviews Steve Lycett, and try as he may Steve won't spill the beans on House of the Dead: http://www.thewebsit...ead.com/?p=1586

You should have seen the questions I didn't answer. He proper went for it!

Which game is that from? Or is it a general thing? I definitely recognize it, I'm not sure if it's just the general starting area for 3D Outrun or something. I feel like it may have been in the XBLA title (of which I only played the demo), but it has been a while since I've played Outrun 2...

It's based on Sunny Beach from OutRun2SP. As we've always wanted to drive over the beach and head out to sea. You couldn't do that in a Ferrari, it used to just sink!

In the new trailer, at the end in starlight carnival, there were 10 racers on screen at the same time, so does that confirms 10 racers can be in the race at the same time? or was this already confirmed?

Keen eyes :)

Car vs Boat? Or is Sonic/Knuckles just way behind?

Car VS Boat - yes we do it on some tracks :P

I was wondering that myself. Maybe it's part of the mod packs that have been mentioned? Could be that he just got hit by an electrifying item/ hazard and the skeleton is still showing...?

Keener eyes :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 8

So this mods can be perhaps extra costumes?!

Who knows? Would definitely be cool.

70's Trousers confirmed? xP

• Thumbs Up 4

Who knows? Would definitely be cool.

70's Trousers confirmed? xP

Perhaps that's a player mod going on. Considering the skull looking of it, could it be some kinda of immortality upgrade?! (at first I thought it was an echidna tribe alternative costume XD).

Edited by Jango

If it's for characters, I assume it'll just be costume parts like in Tekken that don't change your stats or anything.

Don't expect mods to change the appearance of a character - just think how much work it would be to make multiple versions of all 29 characters on multiple platforms - and you'll realise why that's not going to happen.

I think I might have inferred the other option was closer to the truth...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Will there be special edition for WiiU as well?

I certainly hope there is. I want to jump on board the Wii U train ASAP, but even more so I don't want to miss the Limited Edition of this (or Assassins Creed 3). Here's hoping!

Edited by Blue Blood

Don't expect mods to change the appearance of a character - just think how much work it would be to make multiple versions of all 29 characters on multiple platforms - and you'll realise why that's not going to happen.

I think I might have inferred the other option was closer to the truth...!

---

S0L

---

So that IS his skeleton?

Quick question then- why does the skeleton appear to be moving at a separate time to his body?

...And come to think of it, why does his hair have bones?!

So that IS his skeleton?

Quick question then- why does the skeleton appear to be moving at a separate time to his body?

Best reason I can think of? Because that's the "rig" as it were, and the skeleton that shows up is just the rig for the character...

Is there any chance we could get some high quality renders/artwork of the characters and vehicles revealed so far? Or even just better pictures of Metal Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Some more then!

Will there be special edition for WiiU as well?

I believe so, it's news to us if there isn't anyway!

So that IS his skeleton?

He has bones in his hair *straight face*.

Actually, that's probably a bug. TBH, that shot shouldn't have made it out to the wild, but we have a skeleton inside every character for when they get electrocuted MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA....

Is there any chance we could get some high quality renders/artwork of the characters and vehicles revealed so far? Or even just better pictures of Metal Sonic?

Sadly I can't put any artwork out there, all shots have to be released by SEGA. They'll come, but you'll have to wait! Sorry!

Where do you Pre-Order the Limited Edition? Or how?

You know, you're not the first person to ask that. I've asked and waiting to find out, just bear in mind a lot of our SEGA friends are currently at GamesCom!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

I take it there's no Limited/Bonus Edition for PC and 3DS then? Would suck to have those versions miss out on the content.

I take it there's no Limited/Bonus Edition for PC and 3DS then? Would suck to have those versions miss out on the content.

Real bummer as far as the 3DS is concerned, and PC version for people who plan only on getting that. The PC version could potentially get everything in the form of DLC (which I assume is what the Limited Edition will be anyway- DLC codes), but I can't see it happening for 3DS. Not sure there'd be enough interest for what's technically the weakest version.

S0L said PC's gonna get the bonus content. Relax. Not sure about 3DS and Vita though.

SEGA's already announced the Limited/Bonus Edition for Vita. With DLC being possible on 3DS with Nintendo's new Nintendo Network stuff, I was hoping the 3DS would get this content too.

Just to be clear, as far as we know the Bonus/Limited Edition version will be on all platforms. Not sure why it's not out there yet - there's probably a good reason, but again, relax. Breathe out, it will all be fine :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to be clear, as far as we know the Bonus/Limited Edition version will be on all platforms. Not sure why it's not out there yet - there's probably a good reason, but again, relax. Breathe out, it will all be fine smile.png

---

S0L

---

But doesn't the 3DS version have the fewest characters and most likely, the tracks will be shortened or something similar to S&SASR DS?

S0L, has Big the Cat been confirmed yet to be a playable character again ? I'd love to play as him again :)

Also, is the Starlight Carnival track going to show Planet Wisp, or just SC ? Or any other reference to Sonic Colors ?

sorry Adamis Fox, there will be no more Sonic Characters. Metal Sonic is the last one, ad he is a pre order bonus in the Limited/Bonus Edition. It is official

Last few before bed...

But doesn't the 3DS version have the fewest characters and most likely, the tracks will be shortened or something similar to S&SASR DS?

Now who told you that...?

We're trying as always to bring what we can down to the handhelds. Right now they're all based on the same versions of the tracks.

We've got slightly more than the 2048 polys we had on DS :)

S0L, has Big the Cat been confirmed yet to be a playable character again ? I'd love to play as him again smile.png

Also, is the Starlight Carnival track going to show Planet Wisp, or just SC ? Or any other reference to Sonic Colors ?

Thanks smile.png

Sadly, Big isn't playable this time. Already deconfirmed as we've shown all the playable Sonic characters in the game. On the track point, you shall have to wait and see, we've got to have some surprises after all!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I will no longer be purchasing this game.

Well, that's about the dumbest reason not to purchase a game that I have ever heard.

EDIT: I'm sorry I said that, I think my hands forced me to type it out and then click post.

Edited by Unidus

Last few before bed...

Now who told you that...?

We're trying as always to bring what we can down to the handhelds. Right now they're all based on the same versions of the tracks.

We've got slightly more than the 2048 polys we had on DS smile.png

Sadly, Big isn't playable this time. Already deconfirmed as we've shown all the playable Sonic characters in the game. On the track point, you shall have to wait and see, we've got to have some surprises after all!

---

S0L

---

Maybe Blaze as a secret character?