Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

They said the "BIGGEST" piece of fanservice, none of what you listed would be anywhere near as big a reveal as Sanshiro. Use some logic here.

Logic dictates that IGN wouldn't toss around "biggest piece of Sega fanservice ever" in regards to the advertising mascot of a failed video game console that was only ever shown in one region the system was sold in in the first place. Yeah, a certain sect of Sega fans would completely lose their shit. That doesn't automatically make it what is the "BIGGEST" piece of fanservice, even assuming that IGN wasn't being cheeky with their writing.

And let's look at those smoking guns:

IGN said that the final unlockable in the game is the "biggest piece of Sega fanservice ever", what the hell else could it be but him?

The fan service here is phenomenal, and the final unlockable in particular is one that will delight long-term Sega acolytes.

Off the top of my head with barely any thought put into it: Hornet High Class, morphed into a form appropriate for the graphical style of the game.

Edited by Tornado

I can't reason with you. Like I said, you're being intentionally myopic.

Excuse me? You're the one who has just jumped onto the idea of Segata Sanshiro without even considering that it might be something else as everyones interpretation to what 'biggest' means is likely to be different.

And I'm still waiting to see all this stuff that justifys the 'Segata Sanshiro is by far the worst-kept secret about this game' claim.

Also, IGN said it in this preview. Just FYI.

So this line... "and the final unlockable in particular is one that will delight long-term Sega acolytes." Now means 'Segata Sanshiro is the final unlockable.'

It doesn't mean that at all, it means that the final unlockable is something from Segas past and that could be absolutely anything.

Shadzter and I were right then when we said that there had been nothing at all to suggest he was in the game?

Edit: Right, Re-reading the entire article again... here is that line in context...

We're sworn to secrecy on the later stages, but suffice to say anyone who didn't think the first game was enough of a SEGA love-in is in for a treat. The fan service here is phenomenal, and the final unlockable in particular is one that will delight long-term Sega acolytes.

Look at the structure of that, they're talking about a stage, not a character.

I don't have the links to the interviews with Sanshiro insinuations offhand, that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Hell, S0L all but let the cat out of the bag only a page or so ago. I don't see how he wouldn't be in the game after all that's been said.

Seems to me you're just using every denial tactic in the book to shield your eyes from the truth right in front of you. All the empirical data is there. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself and I don't care. Let's just treat it as if he's in the game and leave it there because that's what I'm going to do regardless, and when it's finally confirmed that he's in I'm just going to say I told you so.

Once again, SoL post a little too much and all hell breaks loose. Goody goody.

Edited by Teoskaven

I don't have the links to the interviews with Sanshiro insinuations offhand, that doesn't mean they don't exist.

The worst kept secret in the world is suddenly impossible to find any reference to?

Does anyone else here know what he's talking about with this? Only I'll be quite surprised if theres been hints and articles stating/suggesting/hinting that he's in the game, yet theres no mention of them on here?

Seems to me you're just using every denial tactic in the book to shield your eyes from the truth right in front of you.

Dude, I'm not denying that he might be in it, I'm asking you to provide links/evidence/sources to the claim that Segata Sanshiro is the worst kept secret ever which you've not done.

You've been claiming that it's the worst kept secret in the whole game and to support this is a single line of text from an article about an April build. When you read the line before it more than likely talking about some kind of Sega Carnival type stage as they're talking about the tracks of the game in that portion of the article... look this is that section in question.

We're sworn to secrecy on the later stages, but suffice to say anyone who didn't think the first game was enough of a SEGA love-in is in for a treat. The fan service here is phenomenal, and the final unlockable in particular is one that will delight long-term Sega acolytes.

Where in that do you get any suggestion that they're talking about characters? It's more than likely they're talking about tracks, but even then, it could be about anything, and that doesn't discount the possability that it's just journalistic license to end that particular bit of the article on a high.

Thats the point I'm trying to get accross that you're just ignoring time and time again. That just because you think it's Segata Sanshiro doesn't mean it is, because so far all we've got is a tiny ambiguous line which was given last night that can be interprited either way depending on your stance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't Hogfather visit Sumo's Studio's recently?

Trying to tell him he's in denial is a pretty big claim since he's the one holding the cards in this argument.

I think claiming that someone's in from a suggestion will only disappoint you greatly when he isn't in, it goes both ways I'm afraid....if he is indeed in, then you are correct to gloat on Hogfather, but if you're wrong...everyone in this board will use it against you.

I'm not arguing here, that's just my POV on this argument of whether Sanshiro is in or not.

PsychoJosh is right about one thing though, S0L did say in the SEGA Forums that the fanservice is indeed a character.

Edited by Ruhm
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think claiming that someone's in from a suggestion will only disappoint you greatly when he isn't in, it goes both ways I'm afraid....if he is indeed in, then you are correct to gloat on Hogfather, but if you're wrong...everyone in this board will use it against you.

Why am I now getting a Resident Evil 4 village square vibe?

As I just said in the last post, I've not said if he is or isn't in, I've been exceptionally careful with what I have/havn't said in regards to this game, in fact I've made a point not to comment on anything unless someone else has already disclosed it. The thing with stuff like this is that people tend to jump to conclusions and then turn around and blame other people for misleading them when they've not done anything of the sort. If there are articles around saying that **** from Sumo has said **** is in the game. Can we get a link to them?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm with Hogfather.

mWgly.gif

No! Not in that sense. I mean, I'm with him in how he's approaching Segata. Personally I want Segata in, I'm a huge fan of the character. But we shouldn't assume he is in, nor should we think he's pretty much THE fanservice they're talking about, when we really haven't gotten confirmation.

It's like the Bayonetta 2 Wii U debacle, where I said "let's not say SEGA cancelled the game and Nintendo saved the IP until we actually get confirmation from PG, SEGA or Nintendo". I was immediately called out and hated on because "all the rumors pointed to that being the case". Ah ha! But like I have said, rumors are not facts, and I'm not against the idea of that being the case. I'm just not for it until we get actual word from the companies themselves. Turned out it was part true and part false.

So since we don't actually know if Segata is in or not, best to treat it as a possibility but not an absolute. I'd hate for it to turn out the be wrong, and then I get angry at SEGA/Sumo when in fact they did nothing wrong. They just couldn't comment on it and give absolute confirmation.

Amen to that!

Always so serious in here. I sort of feel compelled to explain what I meant, but...

You'll have to wait and see!

It's probably not what you think it is, not the IGN thing and not the Segata comment either. All will be clear in time!

With regards to that final unlock, loads of you will love it, we'll have a few 'meh!' I'm sure but only from those that aren't true SEGA fans.

Did I really say that? OH YES I DID! tongue.png

---

S0L

---

It's the modern SEGA start-up sequence replaced with the classic "SEGAAAAA!" sequence, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 6

The final unlockable will be Yuji Naka dressed as Sonic driving the blast processing car, for sure!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 8

The classic "Seeegaaaaa~!" start up is actually in Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, believe it or not. I don't think that'd be particularly special. I still want it to be a crossover track a la Sega Carnival in Sonic Riders.

With regards to that final unlock, loads of you will love it, we'll have a few 'meh!' I'm sure but only from those that aren't true SEGA fans.

I hope you don't come to regret saying this.

Oh a new trailer alright.

p.s. Strange it's not on YT yet).

p.p.s nevermind.. looks like there is no new trailer after all... (((

Edited by ArtFenix

The final unlock better be good. I couldn't give less of a fuck about Segata whoever, and "Saturn Graphics Mode" would suck.

I think something I'd enjoy would be Footrace Mode, where everyone runs along the ground and uses different devices/techniques to get across other terrain.

60's trousers and mustache mode, please.

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario

TSSZ latest article regarding impressions of early Wii U builds.

http://www.tssznews....zy-sloppy-port/

Slight overeaction.

Slight? laugh.png He knows full well that it's a demo from a very early build. S0L's already reassured us that the current build is leagues better than that. As we've seen over the months, Sumo Digital just hasn't had the time to keep making demos and are instead focused on developing what really matters - the final game. I'm sure the game will have a downloadable demo, so it'll likely get public hands-on for all platforms anyway.

TSSZ latest article regarding impressions of early Wii U builds.

http://www.tssznews....zy-sloppy-port/

Slight overeaction.

*sigh* - This is the problem with launch titles. We're far too busy to work on new demo code to show, as we've got a deadline that cannot be moved. Hence we focus on getting the game into shape first and foremost. It's sad that it wasn't made clear to people playing that it was an earlier piece of demo code and that everything wasn't polished or optimised. Ditto in terms of controls and balance, it's far from the code we've got running here now.

Likewise, they can't show the full version at these events, as then all the things we've been doing so well to keep under wraps all get blown wide open.

Damned if you do - and damned if you don't. Of course, come release, it'll be water under the bridge, but it's annoying when everyone on the team is doing everything they can to really knock it out of the park and we have to see previews like that.

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 7

S0L, I'd ignore TSSZ. Most of us do, anyway. Their only real intent is to make drama where there is none. Even SEGA put them on their "ignore" list due to past events.

Anyway, hope the work on the game is going well! And the less we hear from you can only mean the more work you are putting into the game!

Any plans for a vacation once the game releases?

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, alright. I don't frequent Nintendolife but I did notice they have been doing that too.

Germany! Sounds awesome. Would be hilarious if you declared a moratorium on driving, flying and boating during your holiday. biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1