Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Thanks again for your answers S0L, but I feel the generations part might rise some alarms in some people.

They'll probably borrow some lines from Free Riders as well. I wish though, that this game has exclusive lines instead of borrowing them from previous games. It's ridiculous a game like Olympic Games gets their own lines, while a better game like this doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 6

Time for my question to the mighty SOL smile.png

1 will we be able to see some extra vehicles for some/all characters?

2 I really liked Eggman's Monster Truck back in the previous game...any chance of seeing it again?

3 As for Tails, he has very cool ground/air vehicle in Sonic Adventure 2, his tornado was actually pretty cool. did u consider it?

4 Are the DLC still determined by SEGA? Do u have more decisional power this time around?

5 are u going to include tracks from franchises without making characters from that franchise playable?

6 did u put a sort of "customization" for the racetracks?

7 Are the arenas coming back? (possibly more than the last one)

8...Not actually a question... my guy in the avatar is looking at u... I think that's enough tongue.png

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

They'll probably borrow some lines from Free Riders as well. I wish though, that this game has exclusive lines instead of borrowing them from previous games. It's ridiculous a game like Olympic Games gets their own lines, while a better game like this doesn't.

I'm sure if enough dialogue had existed before M&S London, it'd be reusing lines up the wazoo. As it stood, there was only really Free Riders, Colours and Generations, and none of them had many lines usable for it.

I'm sure if enough dialogue had existed before M&S London, it'd be reusing lines up the wazoo. As it stood, there was only really Free Riders, Colours and Generations, and none of them had many lines usable for it.

I think Free Riders itself did have enough though, since it's also a sports/racing game. Also it had a story mode. But they will be using London Olympic Games lines as well.

Speaking of story mode, if Sumo's only going to borrow lines from the previous games, then forget having story mode with great cutscenes with dialogue (which I hoped from the start).

Surprised less people are talking about the JSR themed contest for the game, honestly.

I'm really surprised that we've hit 22 pages and no one has made a reference to it.

progressive-insurance%E2%80%93sonic-the-hedge-hog-03.jpg

Anyone else hoping that Flo/Progressive makes an in-game appearence in ASRT?

• Thumbs Up 6

Why does this game need a story mode anyways? Sega's having a racing tournament for all its characters. That's it, that's all the story a game like this needs. Racing is taken very seriously in Sega World, it's a cultural tradition to them.

That doesn't do away with the notion of the characters interacting with each other. I imagine certain pairings might talk smack to each other. Maybe a rival battle cutscene like in the Street Fighter games.

I imagine the rivalries would be...

Sonic vs. Eggman - Enough said.

Knuckles vs. Shadow - I dunno, maybe they're fighting for Rouge's affections or something. They both act really alpha male about it and the only way to settle it is by figuring out who can drive the fastest.

Ryo vs. Virtua Fighters - Ryo must uphold the honor of the Hazuki clan by proving his reflexes and skill.

And so on.

S0L, will there be a sound test? It'd be a pity to not be able to hear the whole versions of each song. Especially since they change and I assume that means there's about three versions of each song?

Oh dear... YOU GOT THISSS SSSONIC!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.laugh.png

--------------------

Well...that's the Babylon Rogues out of the question, maybe.

^Just using this quote for the whole conversation

1. If we're talking the Sonic VO cast, then yes, we've sourced some new stuff and borrowed some from Generations

Meaning any character still has a chance.

Why does this game need a story mode anyways?

More to do in single player and fun.

Edited by MarcelloF

More to do in single player and fun.

No, no, I mean why does it need a story? I can get behind a DKR-esque adventure mode with sly character interactions. But the story doesn't need to be anything.

I'm really surprised that we've hit 22 pages and no one has made a reference to it.

Anyone else hoping that Flo/Progressive makes an in-game appearence in ASRT?

...No I'm pretty sure no-one else is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Haven't been following the thread too well so I don't know if S0L has already been asked this question, but I was wondering if fans could expect to see some clearer screenshots of Vyse and Gilius (and perhaps even their artwork) before this year's E3 (where I assume more characters will be revealed). From the screenshots and gameplay clips we had I couldn't really get a good idea of how Vyse looks/plays in-game, and I don't recall seeing any media for Gilius at all even though he was already confirmed. Thanks in advance for your answer btw! smile.png Still real excited to try out Vyse in particular (as well as some of the supposedly "leaked" characters if they are true)! ;P

Edited by Jinbe

Is anyone here able to YouTube the gameplay footage from this week's UK PSN PS Access episode?

Is anyone here able to YouTube the gameplay footage from this week's UK PSN PS Access episode?

If the episode is free, maybe I could do it :)

Nice! Thanks. Posted it at SEGAbits and credited you.

You can really see the influence Blur had on Transformed with all the neon boosters and weapons. Transforming looks seamless, from the track to the water with very little change in pace. Love the segment from Orta.

Here it is

LOL, she said Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed! SEE...having SEGA cut out from the title makes it sound wrong!

Anyway, DAMN this game looks so damn fun! I can't wait for E3 when they'll show us in-depth footage...oh, and thanks for posting biggrin.png

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here it is

Thank you for posting, much appreciated!

The game looks great so far, I'll be looking forward to seeing more footage of the game soon :), I'm really excited for this, it looks really fun and I love the new features which have been added to the sequel. biggrin.png

Edited by C.J

Here it is

*Video*

Thanks. I've added it in to my news post and credited you smile.png

EDIT:

I thought there was a bit missing. Ashthedragon has uploaded it with the missing extra bit of footage at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can actually see the mine item in the video. smile.png

S0L I have some questions for you... if you cant answer it no worries:

-Are some of the new items based on a SEGA franchise? like... I dunno a spray can item from JSR. (No need to specify, a simple no or yes is enough )

-Are the stage hazards returning? I guess this is almost a given, but are stage hazards like the zombies on the house of the dead track or bananas on monkeyball tracks coming back? I would love if the dragon from panzer dragoon was a hazard tongue.png

Edited by dabbido

Time for my question to the mighty SOL smile.png

1 will we be able to see some extra vehicles for some/all characters?

2 I really liked Eggman's Monster Truck back in the previous game...any chance of seeing it again?

3 As for Tails, he has very cool ground/air vehicle in Sonic Adventure 2, his tornado was actually pretty cool. did u consider it?

4 Are the DLC still determined by SEGA? Do u have more decisional power this time around?

5 are u going to include tracks from franchises without making characters from that franchise playable?

6 did u put a sort of "customization" for the racetracks?

7 Are the arenas coming back? (possibly more than the last one)

8...Not actually a question... my guy in the avatar is looking at u... I think that's enough tongue.png

1. No, 1 vehicle, for one character

2. Eggman's monster truck isn't returning, its more of a Tank with 6 wheels, and is red.

3. his vehicle was more re-designed from Sonic Drift, and for the record the SA2 car and tornado were not "cool"

4. DLC at this stage...? *laughs* no, its still in production, DLC is normally considered after final production or release.

5. Panzer Dragoon? question answered.

6. i don't think this sort of game has that extensive feature for track creation and so on.

7. probably

8. i have faith Ryo will be returning, considering the impact he created in the first game, caused quite a stir in the SEGA Dreamcast boy's hearts.

• Thumbs Up 3

5. Panzer Dragoon? question answered.

Don't jump the gun on this too soon. It's still to early to know whether there's be a Panzer Dragoon character or not. I'd consider it a possibility.

Don't jump the gun on this too soon. It's still to early to know whether there's be a Panzer Dragoon character or not. I'd consider it a possibility.

i don't think so, given the scale of the Dragons compared to the racers, its highly unlikely

the only character that would fit in terms of scale would be the baby dragon from Zwei.

by the looks of it the Panzer dragoon level is a mix of the original and Orta, going by the concept art the dragon silhouettes in the sky it seems to be both Blue from PD1 and the morphing dragon from PDO

so yeah, there is stronger possibility that the PD franchise will only be represented as a track only in the game, where a racer seems highly unlikely.