Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I've mentions this earlier, but where is this "9 characters left" coming from? My count is 11 left. Guests and Metal don't count towards the 27 total. 16 revealed, 27 total = 11.

Or did I miss something?

The Miis count as one of the pre-guest 27, likely cause they were already in ASR, with the Avatars probaly being counted separately for the same reason.

Also guys...

Question: Were secondary characters from non-Sonic games ever considered for the first game (such as Gum, Pudding, or Meemee)?

Sort of. We didn't really have the one character in a vehicle rule for ASR, so we could squeeze in say Jacky and Akira into one car. Mind you we didn't have transforming vehicles to worry about well except for Eggmans All-Star move!). As you've seen so far for this one, we've tried to use another character when it happens to add more female characters (hence Gum) or to give players a chance to pick another character from an IP they like (hence Reala).

Multiple character vehicles deconfirmed?

Edited by FourCartridge

Yes. I just asked my brother if he wants me to cancel his too, and he agreed.

The roster on this game is already looking pretty bad actually. Gum, Danica, Reala. With no sign of Ryo, Alex, Billy, Axel Stone or Neff. So I'm pretty much done with following this game now.

Farethee well to ye all. I hope you enjoy the game when it hits. I'll be playing the Wii U, WWE 13 and Paper Mario.

You never fail to make me have a good laugh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also guys...

Multiple character vehicles deconfirmed?

I suspected as such during the whole Chaotix debacle;

The whole technical angle, I can get behind, perfectly well (even if it does raise the question of whether the likes of the Bonanza Bros, Jackie and Akira and Zobio and Zombiko are out because they're also not technically one racer by these standards).

And it looks like they are. Woo, I managed to accidentally uncover something before it was confirmed.

Edited by Wally Gator

And it looks like they are. Woo, I managed to accidentally uncover something before it was confirmed.

Well, I didn't really see them as returning anyway. I love them, don't get me wrong, but they didn't have staying power like JSR or Samba de Amigo. Like I've said many times already, I think Chu Chu Rocket and House of the Dead are better as tracks and battle arenas. As for Virtua FIghter, I think AM2 is being well represented already with After Burner and OutRun tracks.

Also: Updated the first post to remove Banjo and to change the count to 20 revealed with 9 remaining.

Also also: Here are my final nine hopefuls:

Aika - fulfills that second character promise in an awesome way and it's another female!

Nightshade - Ditto.

Ulala - Needs to be in, another female.

Jaguar - Awesome character, way better than Pudding.

Alex Kidd - C'mon!

Ryo Hazuki - I will cry manly tears if he is not in...

Rag Rappy - PSO rep, hilarious character that reps the whole Phantasy Star series

Segata Sanshiro - The ultimate final racer, Sumo tried to get him in the last game ans never showed the concept art that they said they had. WOnder why they'd not show it unless... he's in the game?

XBLA Avatar - not one I'm super excited, but it seems likely to happen given Mii is in

Edited by Barry the Nomad

So Hogfather actually went to the SUMO event? Im so jelly :P I really wish I couldve gone, but sadly: 1) Im in a wheelchair so it is basically at least a trip for 2. 2) Its not for just a day or 2 if I remember correctly, and you have to be there a lot of time (I actually dont mind that at all) ...So yeah, sad story. :c

Anyways, Im loving this and it keeps getting better!!! Im ok with Gums inclusion, shes my favorite JSR character after Beat, and does not look like a clone. I had the feeling the roster was pretty much done, but still 9 characters left! thats enough for some more surprises!

Heres my bets:

-Ulala

-Alex Kidd

-Ryo

-Akira/Jacky

-Aika (SkiesofArcadia)

-Ristar (maybe)

-New IP

-New IP

-New IP

I think a third guest and the XBLA avatar are also to come, so wouldn't the SEGA character count be 7?

What i hope:

-Ryo Hazuki

-Jacky Bryant

-Billy Hatcher

-Ristar

-Someone from the Platinum Games line

-Someone from Resonance of Fate

-Someone from Binary Domain

-Segata Sanshiro

Don't misunderstand me, i'm pretty satisfied already with the new inclusions. I just hope at least one of this character will be in the final product (or DLC).

Edited by Teoskaven

Yes. I just asked my brother if he wants me to cancel his too, and he agreed.

The roster on this game is already looking pretty bad actually. Gum, Danica, Reala. With no sign of Ryo, Alex, Billy, Axel Stone or Neff. So I'm pretty much done with following this game now.

Farethee well to ye all. I hope you enjoy the game when it hits. I'll be playing the Wii U, WWE 13 and Paper Mario.

And really not a single fuck is given.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, if there's a one character per vehicle rule in place now, does that make Toejam and Earl deconfirmed? That'll sure make people disappointed.

Makes me wonder if DLC = just like Generations DLC. It'll just be the pre-order content and may/may not ever release down the line and there will be no new additions.

Makes me wonder if DLC = just like Generations DLC. It'll just be the pre-order content and may/may not ever release down the line and there will be no new additions.

We need to prepare ourselves for that possibility. This may mean nothing.

Seems legit. Anyway, like I said earlier, the Xbox Avatars and the Miis are console exclusive, that's why some versions may have more characters than others, unless you're expecting the PS Home Avatars too.

That little E3 flyer said future DLC planned. We may get 1 or 2 DLC packs of something even if they only turn out to be a character and track.

danicaplayable.png

Because I've no idea how to link to twitter tweets.

You don't think this means... Danica is playable there? And yes I'm aware how naughty it sounds to say is Danica playable at Pax... =p

It's funny, I completely forgot that despite all the Danica hoopla, we have never seen her in-game model or car. Same for Gum, Mii and XBOX Avatar.

-Ryo

-Alex Kidd

-Ulala

-Ristar

-Segata Sanshiro

I think these characters are definitely in. Hope I'm not wrong.

As for the rest I really don't know. I'm hoping the secondary characters are new, like Aika from SOR. It would be nice to have Jacky and Sarah as separate characters. And another Sega Genesis-era rep, like Sketch Turner or Axel Stone, would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It has been said in past interviews that Ristar looks pretty bland in the third dimension. I mean, if you're seeing the back of his head most of the game, you just see a black ball and a few pointy yellow bits. Makes me think he was intended to be a cameo and nothing more.

Alex Kidd and Ulala, very likely given their past All-Stars appearances. Ryo, god I hope, but then again I have an inkling that he was a special one time addition for the first game. I say this because I really think that Transformed will fill Ryo's slot with Segata Sanshiro. He would be the ultimate in fan service. Even more than Ryo.

Edited by Barry the Nomad