Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really care for the movie. This is kinda... Whatever. It's not something to get worked on, but kinda dissapointed. One guest is enough, but if people like it, I suppose it's kinda like Snake in SSBB.

Wait, All-Stars revealed? Where?!

Sonic & Third Party Marketing Schemes Racing Transformed

i kid, this was a big surprise, now the large cast of SEGA characters in Wreck it Ralph make's sense.

oh Sumo, you Amazing Trolls you, come give Soniko a hug <3

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 4

So it's kinda like Disney gets to use some of SEGA's characters in Wreck it Ralph so in return SEGA use Ralph in their game. I'm alright with this cause atleast Ralph makes MUCH more sense for being a (parody) videogame character while Danica Patrick really has nothing to do with videogames.

I guess this also explains why Sonic has a speaking role in the movie, lol.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jesus, Sega's really pimping this game out.

To be honest, this is really good news. We all know the knock against Sega that's stuck around for the last 5-6 years. Not only are they spending the big $$$ on advertizing for this, but they are also getting really creative.

I like this advertizing department as of late. Between ASR:T and the Olympics game, they are on a bit of a roll. ^^

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two guest characters is hardly a big deal. If you count the Miis/Avatars then ASR had the same number of guest stars. And Ralph is an awesome choice.

Cubot and Orbot will cameo as background elements on the mechanical Sonic stage, calling it now.

Sonic & Third Party Marketing Schemes Racing Transformed

i kid, this was a big surprise, now the large cast of SEGA characters in Wreck it Ralph make's sense.

oh Sumo, you Amazing Trolls you, come give Soniko a hug <3

Settle down now boy. There's nothing wrong with Sega doing what they can to ensure this game sells well.

I mean look at all the non-Sony characters in the upcoming Sony Smash. Bros clone. You don't see them getting called trolls for that.

Yes there is admittedly a larger disconnect with the guest characters in this game, but so what? It's not that bad.

Not only are they spending the big $$$ on advertizing for this, but they are also getting really creative.

Ralph jumps between video games. Add ASR:T onto list of said video games (this one isn't a parody, but whatever) to increase awareness for the movie amongst its target audience.

Freakin' GENIUS.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's still one more guest character, one that replaces Banjo and Kazooie as the character originating from a non-SEGA videogame. The Miis and Avatars are probably returning too (though I consider those a class of their own, not really "guest stars" as such). I wouldn't be surprised if the character roster inflates to 30 or very close to that if a good amount of DLC is released too. Craziness.

Edited by Toothpaste

Brilliant, SUMO (& SEGA), Brilliant. I like this idea.

This might be the game of the year ;) Now confirm me Ryo and give me Bayonetta and my mouth will be closed forever :P

Wreck it Ralph? Huh. That is actually pretty clever. I like this plan! 'smashes glass' ANOTHER!

Thats pretty sweet, though at first I felt a bit weird since I expected a SEGA character to be announced, but then I thought that the idea of him being here is still pretty nice.

It's awesome in short.

I love you Sumo.

Wow. This had really better be marketed to high hell when Wreck It Ralph releases. SEGA has struck potential gold!

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I'm not disappointed that it wasn't a big SEGA IP reveal, but this is a fantastic way to get more kids to buy the game. Does this mean he might be added to the box art? If not they had better advertise the shit out of his appearance like Blue Blood said, and the movie had better be good.

Edited by Lungo

Can't say I'm not disappointed that it wasn't a big SEGA IP reveal, but this is a fantastic way to get more kids to buy the game. Does this mean he might be added to the box art? If not they had better advertise the shit out of his appearance like Blue Blood said, and the movie had better be good.

Yeah. He needs to be on that boxart. Maybe he's on the back, but that's not really enough.

The next confirmation will probably be the remaining 11 regular characters.

The next confirmation will probably be the remaining 11 regular characters.

We don't know how many characters will be in yet- S0L has said all the numbers thus far have been inaccurate. And they won't reveal them all at once either, especially when the game isn't due for another 4 months.

Wreck-It-Ralph? Marketing gold, SEGA and Sumo! You better market the fuck out of him being in it, or else you would have wasted a MASSIVE opportunity to improve SEGA and Sonic's public reputation and boost sales of this game.

I wonder what his vehicle will look like. With the creative vehicle design that Sumo is showing so far, I'm sure it'll be cool.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Wreck-It Ralph in ASRT? Radical!

He better be awesome. This is a perfect marketing opporitunity!

I really like the Ralph cameo, and I'm hoping that SEGA actually takes advantage of it when marketing the game. This is a pretty huge thing, so it'd be a shame to see it go to waste.

Can't believe there's pretty much no footage on this, though. Hopefully a press release is incoming.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 4

Are there any stills of Wreck-it Ralph in the game? Or were those "lost" too?

Kinda indifferent about Wreck It Ralph being in the game on a personal level (was hoping for a SEGA IP reveal), but I appreciate that it's a fantastic piece of marketing which SEGA should utilize well. A good idea would be to get an advertisement for the game to play in the ads before the movie in the cinema and show that Ralph's in it, much like what publisher's do with movie tie-in games and what Activision will probably be doing with their tie-in game for the movie.

Wreck-It-Ralph? I guess that's neat but him and Danica Patrick aren't really why I'm buying this game.