Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

So it is a character avaible for all consoles?

Well, its fucking Flo from Progressive.

That thing where you could go help improve the game, He and Hogfather both know.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Segata Sanshiro can be considered an "outsider" character. I'm guessing no, and if that's the case then it's someone else...

Hold on, what's bothering me about Flo is that Progressive is an United States-only insurance company. The rest of the world wouldn't know where Flo came from.

Hold on, what's bothering me about Flo is that Progressive is an United States-only insurance company. The rest of the world wouldn't know where Flo came from.

• Thumbs Up 1

What saddens me is that I really don't think there's room for any "obscure" characters anymore. So there goes my hopes of a Puyo Puyo rep...

The people who follow NASCAR will know Danica though.

Which is practically nobody outside of the USA.

Megaman to promote the Megaman x Sonic crossover?

battlechase.jpg

Well then it wouldn't be that Megaman, it'd be that fan character looking Megaman with the feathered Boa and no mega buster.

mega-man-becomes-a-social-rpg-for-ios-in-rockman-xover.jpg

There's also the tihing of Megaman's crossover happening months after Transformed, so unless SEGA plans to support it way past November, I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway, S0L on Gum;

Gum still has a quad, but it's different to Beat's. Think of them getting the same base model of vehicle and then pimping it out in their own ways. If you look at Reala, whilst the transformation is much in the same way as NiGHTS, it's clear a whole new model set with totally different animations. To us, they're not secondary characters, but perfectly valid alternate choices.

No word on her actual stats, but still...

No word on her actual stats, but still...

I don't think we've talked about anyones stats, but Beats are different to Gums :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't suppose you happen to know if we'll get any Roster announcements this weekend do you? Since it's PAX Prime?

Quotes from S0L on the SEGA forum:

We didn't really have the one character in a vehicle rule for ASR, so we could squeeze in say Jacky and Akira into one car. Mind you we didn't have transforming vehicles to worry about well except for Eggmans All-Star move!). As you've seen so far for this one, we've tried to use another character when it happens to add more female characters (hence Gum) or to give players a chance to pick another character from an IP they like (hence Reala).

Are there more. Probably :P

Asked about more "secondary" characters:

As previous post, yep, there will be some more. Get used to it smile.png

I think it's safe to say we won't see any multiple characters per vehicle this time.

And we are most likely getting more "secondary" characters. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mee Mee. Perhaps even Pudding too. If they return along with the shoe-ins Ulala and Alex Kidd, that would mean everyone who was in Superstars Tennis is back...

C'mon Ryo, show yourself once again :(

It would be so nice if SOL tells us at least the slots number of the returning characters from the previous game. If he answers 3 or 4 it would start a very interesting speculation...

more secondary characters? OK, Super Monkey Ball is getting another one, I bet. I hope for Yam Yam, not beeing a clone of the main protagonist. Maybe Samba the Amigo getting the other one? Apart from Sonic, 3-4 franchises having another rep is good enough, considering the actually small roster

Is it bad that I'm slightly hoping for a "Ladies' Night" sort of preview where they confirm and show a few of the girls in action, like Gum, Danica, and any other new female addition to the roster. I mean it would help breakup the massive sausage fest of a roster we have now (well aside from Amy and NiGHTS (though only to an extent for this one))

• Thumbs Up 2

MeeMee, Amiga or Pudding? I hope not. Two are hardly altered female versions of thier male counterparts, and Pudding is far from the best secondary SC5 character (assuming Ulala is in, Jaguar would be an awesome secondary).

However, I'd not mind these female counterparts in the slightest:

250px-Nightshade_(PS2)_Coverart.png

Aika__SOA__portrait__01.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Just so people don't miss it...

I've seen this go on for long enough, Banjo was a one-off for the previous game, I'm afraid you'll need to get your Banjo kicks there, in his own games or in whatever Rare decide to do with him next. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 3