Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

That is pretty much the same thing as Westopolis,

No it's not. Anarchy Reigns is set in a post-apocalyptic world. There's elements of death and destruction everywhere. I'm talking giant death saws, nuclear missiles and deadly mutant octopi.

[media=]

Furthermore, Westopolis is a specific location in the Sonic universe. Specific locales been established as a no-no in this game. It doesn't matter though because I highly doubt anyone's clamoring for a Shadow the Hedgehog level. An Anarchy Reigns level would be dark as well as representative of a new game.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Will update the first post when I get home from work.

I still think a mixture of Special Stages would make the perfect final track and a great counterpart to Rainbow Road.

the more I see about the game, the more I'd like to see an Emerald Coast themed level, with sand, sea and wood bridges.

I'm thinking there might be a Skies of Arcadia level, which would obviously be mostly air. But I don't know how they would encompass that whole game into one level. Perhaps the track itself would be set among a fleet of ships in transit through the world of Arcadia, and you would race on the decks of the ships in car mode before taking off and flying to another one. Perhaps it would be a parade of ships flying over the game's more iconic areas while they're having a festival in the towns down below.

I still think there'll be more than one Sonic track, since earlier he said "and we're not picking just from Sonic Heroes anymore either!", implying that there'd be a few levels, and from different games?

Also, Graffiti City looks nifty! It reminds me of Benten-Cho from the original JSR~<3

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND HERE.

Level with me for a sec: so each IP is going to have it's own track, we know that much... So Danica probably isn't going to, since she was added late into the game, but what if Segata Sanshiro turns out to be the last "WTF OMG" unlockable character? What kind of track would he get? Shenmue (Because he was kind of in it)? A level from his own game on the Saturn? a SEGA Carnival style mashup of a ton of Saturn classic games?

>Richard Jacques

>Primarily remembered for his contributions from the Saturn Era

>is the composer for this game

>Segata Sanshiro is the mascot from the Saturn Era in Japan

>SEGA Carnival style level for Sanshiro-San

>Glorious megamix(es) of a bunch'a SEGA Saturn stuff.

;v; I can dream...

Edited by Aptiva

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND HERE.

Level with me for a sec: so each IP is going to have it's own track, we know that much... So Danica probably isn't going to, since she was added late into the game, but what if Segata Sanshiro turns out to be the last "WTF OMG" unlockable character? What kind of track would he get? Shenmue (Because he was kind of in it)? A level from his own game on the Saturn? a SEGA Carnival style mashup of a ton of Saturn classic games?

Nope that's an incorrect understanding of erm... *something*.. Each track will be its own ip. Like, not in groups of three like last time. It doesn't mean that each vehicle is tied to a level....

Nope that's an incorrect understanding of erm... *something*.. Each track will be its own ip. Like, not in groups of three like last time. It doesn't mean that each vehicle is tied to a level....

Can we at least assume that, say, 'Sonic Heroes' counts as it's own IP, and in that sense, there may be more than just one level per series? So not only a 'Sonic Heroes' themed track, but also a 'Sonic Rush' track... y'know, that kind of thing?

Can we at least assume that, say, 'Sonic Heroes' counts as it's own IP, and in that sense, there may be more than just one level per series? So not only a 'Sonic Heroes' themed track, but also a 'Sonic Rush' track... y'know, that kind of thing?

You can make any assumptions you want!

;)

Seriously tho, I feel it would be unwise for me to answer that. You guys put Sherlock Holmes to shame when it comes to deductive logic...

• Thumbs Up 4

Water Palace anybody? We may have seen it in the 3DS version of sonic generations but we never got to see it in full HD glory you know.

Oh really? (lacks water segments but that aside it's basically Water Palace.

20080318-103524-000004.jpg

Though I agree, there should be more 3D HD remakes of levels from portable games.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

In that case I'd love to see some stages from the advance games. I think Neo Green Hill, Music Plant, Toy Kingdom and Chaos Angel would be good candidates.

Oh really? (lacks water segments but that aside it's basically Water Palace.

*Windmill Isle Pic*

Though I agree, there should be more 3D HD remakes of levels from portable games.

They really, really aren't all that alike beyond the colour scheme in the far background of Water Palace. WP is primarily set in a palace, WI is a town. They just dont look alike. Blue Coast Zone from Rivals is far more like WP than WI is.

• Thumbs Up 3

That was really awesome! Can't wait for it. Get your engines ready SSMB. :D

The dynamic music makes me think of what would be in a Streets of Rage track. You'd be driving all around at night in the pretty neon streets, the bridges, the baseball stadium, the beach and the amusement park. Because of the variety of stages this level could conceivably have all three vehicle modes with different music for each. The street section features Fighting in the Street as its music, then the water section has Moon Beach, and the air section has Violent Breathing. That'd be perfect.

It wouldn't be the same as the Jet Set Radio stage, as that's a Japanese city, whereas SOR is set in a more Miami/New York-style city.

Since each track appears to have some kind of progression, I'd like to see the Streets of Rage track be slowly engulfed by a city wide riot. I'd be an easy way to cameo some the bosses from the games, and force to players to take alternate routes; on the first lap. race through the city, second lap police barricades force the race onto the water, passing the beach.

The storm bikers would throw grenades at passing players as they progress and I imagine they use TNT to blow up the bridge.

At one point, the players would have to fly through the boss rush ballroom from the first Streets of Rage.

I would love to play a stage based on Sky Chase from Sonic Adventure.

The stage would be air / land based comprised of exploring the Egg Carrier and flying through the sky and arround the ship. Eventually Eggman would start firing his laser cannon at you (like the boss fight of Sky Chase act 2) and you'd need to manuever in the air to avoid being hit. The air boosters used would have the appearence of the boosters Tails used in his adventure in that game.

I thought of this idea where I saw your representation of Panzer Dragoon and how Sky Chase from Sonic Adventure was an homage in terms of gameplay (and conceptially with that Dragon from the beta) to Panzer Dragoon. Would come full circle, kind of tongue.png.

EDIT: So it would basically be this:

See how the plane does a loop around the Egg Carrier? The racers in the game would follow a flight path around the Egg Carrier and eventually land on board and explore the interior of the ship including the bridge and all the little rooms as well as the deck. The ship would transform (as it does in the game) and create a new path for act 2. During Act 3 the ship would fire it's lasers during the sky path.

Edited by Haru-chan
  • Thumbs Up 7

The stage would be air / land based comprised of exploring the Egg Carrier and flying through the sky and arround the ship. Eventually Eggman would start firing his laser cannon at you (like the boss fight of Sky Chase act 2)

Edited by PsychoJosh