Awoo.

So like, iOS issues with S4E2.

Victory Defender

I'm fairly new to this forum, and I understand a huge chunk of you are from Europe or something, and I don't exactly know if the game was released on iOS yet over there, so sorry for any inconvenience I may have created.

Anyways, I'm trying to run S4E2 on an iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, 32g. The game starts up and boots perfectly... problem is, there seems to be some frame rate issues because it gets really choppy to the point where my jumps or movements aren't being registered on time. Anybody who's played it on iOS experiencing the same thing?

Curses if they intended this game to be solely played on iPads..

Edited by Victory Defender

For me the game boots up, stays on a white screen and crashes taking me back to the iOS menu. My iPod Touch is the 3rd gen.

For me the game boots up, stays on a white screen and crashes taking me back to the iOS menu. My iPod Touch is the 3rd gen.

I doubt 3rd gens will be able to withstand this game, since an iPhone 4 is having trouble with it. Your iPod seems like a dead end. Edited by Victory Defender

Well Episode II was designed for iPhone 4S, and is compatible with other models below but the reason why the framerates keep jumping is because of the phone's memory is getting eaten up. Do all these steps.

• Turn off your iPhone. Then turn it back on again.
  • Double click the home button. Remove all apps listed on the multitask list.
  • Switch to Airplane Mode OR turn off iCloud (if you're using it)
  • Make sure "Find My iPhone" is turned off too.

I doubt 3rd gens will be able to withstand this game.

iPhone 3GS can run it, so Touch 3rd gen should be able to run it too. Make sure though that you are running the latest iOS version 5.1.1.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Switch to Airplane Mode OR turn off iCloud (if you're using it)
  • Make sure "Find My iPhone" is turn off too.

Well, I'll turn iCloud and Find my iPhone off. I'll get back to you in a few.

By turning iCloud off, you mean deleting it, right?

My current iOS is 4.2.1. Not sure if that means I have to wait a while for the 5.1.1 update or not.

My current iOS is 4.2.1. Not sure if that means I have to wait a while for the 5.1.1 update or not.

That's the problem. You must upgrade to iOS 5+ to run this game perfectly. 3GS can upgrade to iOS 5, so your model should able to do the same.

That's the problem. You must upgrade to iOS 5+ to run this game perfectly. 3GS can upgrade to iOS 5, so your model should able to do the same.

I don't think iPod 3rd generation can update to 5+, since mine wasn't able to.

Also, I'm still kinda lost. I don't really mess with iCloud, so I don't know what you mean by turning it off, I don't see a disable option. You mean deleting the account, riiiiight?

The next update for my device will be on May 25th so hopefully it's the one needed to play the game. Cheers for the advice.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer21

I don't think iPod 3rd generation can update to 5+, since mine wasn't able to.

Also, I'm still kinda lost. I don't really mess with iCloud, so I don't know what you mean by turning it off, I don't see a disable option. You mean deleting the account, riiiiight?

Yes, deleting the account off your iPhone. Your backups and stuff will still remain in that account until you reattach your iPhone with the account again.

The next update for my device will be on May 25th so hopefully it's the one needed to play the game. Cheers for the advice.

Hope so too. The last thing you want is blowing your money on something that doesn't work because of your iOS is outdated. ^^

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Hope so too. The last thing you want is blowing your money on something that doesn't work because of your iOS is outdated. ^^

That would be a bummer but oh well, I am in need of an updated model at some stage anyway. I'll have to wait for the Android version otherwise.

I just deleted my iCloud account and turned find my iPhone off, I have nothing in my background, and I restarted my phone.

The frame rate is still have issues... I'm missing out on what seems to be such a great game >:/

How many GB is your iPod touch 3rd gen?

If it is 8GB, then it is 2nd Gen. They just rereleased it during the 3rd Gen.

I just deleted my iCloud account and turned find my iPhone off, I have nothing in my background, and I restarted my phone.

The frame rate is still have issues... I'm missing out on what seems to be such a great game >:/

Is the performance any better though?

Game runs fine for my iPad 2. Sometimes lags before hitting a checkpost, but overall it's pretty smooth.

Is the performance any better though?

Well, the special stage was a lot easier for me to play, but it was still very choppy on the Sylviana Castle thingie stage.

How many GB is your iPod touch 3rd gen?

If it is 8GB, then it is 2nd Gen. They just rereleased it during the 3rd Gen.

8GB. Damn it. Better start saving for an upgrade soon.

Well, the special stage was a lot easier for me to play, but it was still very choppy on the Sylviana Castle thingie stage.

Sylvania Castle has underwater parts which can make the game choppy...try a different stage or go at least to the boss. Maybe it will play better from there...

Sure, I'll try to slug myself through the zone.

Edit: I had no issue with that snow place, but Oil Desert really messed up the frame rate. I can't pass the part where I have to use the flying combo because it's hard to maneuver for me.