Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

[29/05/2012]

I believe this could be the discussion, speculation, and also the media topic for Sonic Adventure 2. I will update this post as soon as new information arises.

A few weeks ago there was a leaked list with Sonic Adventure 2 on it. At first I didn't take the list serious, but then several of the games on that list were confirmed a while later. Today, SEGA has announced Sonic Adventure 2 avatar items coming to Xbox Live in just one week: http://www.sonicstad...-live-june-5th/

Why would they release avatar items for a game that is over a decade old? I'm also positive that Sonic Adventure sold well, so a new port is the only logical answer here. If it turns out they are just releasing random Sonic Adventure 2 items, then this can be the discussion topic for that.

Update [30/05/2012]

Major nelson has removed the Sonic Adventure 2 avatar items listing. Probably to try and cover up his tracks.

http://majornelson.c...marketplace-10/

3vMQv.png

http://www.sonicpara...s-cerca-de.html

-Thanks to Shadzter for this update.

Update [20/06/2012]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KLUskznb4&feature=youtube_gdata

Leaked screenshots from a temporary Sonic Adventure 2 Xbox Live Marketplace page.

Edited by -L-

I want the same SA2. The exact same one. Just with widescreen and real HD. Don't make Battle DLC. Combine the best of SA2 and SA2B. If you are going to make DLC of anything, make the extra characters that you unlock as DLC.

I do hope they make it widescreen this time. The ridiculous boarder in the first ruined the experience for me. The only reason it's there is due to laziness. Many fans have made Sonic Adventure DX widescreen.

Edited by -L-

I do hope they make it widescreen this time. The ridiculous boarder in the first ruined the experience for me. The only reason it's there is due to laziness. Many fans have made Sonic Adventure DX widescreen.

This, didn't exactly ruin the experience though.

It was indeed a very lazy port of the PC version..... Why does Sonic always want to move towards walls?

Anyway, it might take time. But give it the Sonic CD treatment.

I also want the Adventure Spindash again. That was fun and broken.

• Thumbs Up 6

Maybe it'll be released as close to his birthday as possible. Seems likely.

Hopefully SOAP shoes are still in.

I want the same SA2. The exact same one. Just with widescreen and real HD. Don't make Battle DLC. Combine the best of SA2 and SA2B. If you are going to make DLC of anything, make the extra characters that you unlock as DLC.

So basically, you want DC SA2 Single-player with SA2B maps for battle mode?

...I'm down with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm in the minority, I really liked the XBLA release of SA1. Yes, I wanted widescreen, but the framerate was like butter! So smooth and sexy.

But yes, as for SA2, widescreen is a MUST. Since all the Dreamcast titles since then have had widescreen. Perhaps Vita will get the game as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Big the Cat back in cutscenes, stages, and multiplayer.

Being able to use any character at any level would be fun too. I remember using Action Replay to use characters like Metal Sonic and Amy in single-player mode, as well as Sonic and Shadow at each others' levels. I'd like to do this in the re-release.

• Thumbs Up 3

I want Big the Cat back in cutscenes, stages, and multiplayer.

Being able to use any character at any level would be fun too. I remember using Action Replay to use characters like Metal Sonic and Amy in single-player mode, as well as Sonic and Shadow at each others' levels. I'd like to do this in the re-release.

That would be so cool. In fact, I'm hoping we get a few new features instead of just a direct port.

You know, if they include online multiplayer, I may just buy it day one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait for the review scores that are half of what they were in 2001 and are probably even lower than what SA1 XBLA/PSN got, even though SA2 is a clear improvement in many areas. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Can't wait for the review scores that are half of what they were in 2001 and are probably even lower than what SA1 XBLA/PSN got, even though SA2 is a clear improvement in many areas. tongue.png

Yeah, this is pretty inevitable...

And based on the reviews only, fanboys will claim SEGA can't do anything right and that they screwed up the port beyond playability despite it being the same game as whichever version was ported.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't there already a current topic of discussion for this? I just bumped it with the same infomation too. :(

I can't wait for all the 3's & 4's in review scores and the fanboy tantrums that are sure to follow xD

In all honesty though, I can't see this becoming any more than just a lazy port with shiny graphics tacked on and controls being considerably worse. It's too bad too, I would maybe get it if there was effort into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't there already a current topic of discussion for this? I just bumped it with the same infomation too. sad.png

No. That's just a user saying he wants it to be rereleased. Different subject. There isn't any other discussion topic besides this one, and even if there was, this is also a speculation/avatar item discussion thread.

No. That's just a user saying he wants it to be rereleased. Different subject. There isn't any other discussion topic besides this one, and even if there was, this is also a speculation/avatar item discussion thread.

Nono man, it started like that but then kind of warped into what this topic is.

We'll let a mod decide. Besides that rumor a few months back were still not sure if this is an "upcoming game" or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nono man, it started like that but then kind of warped into what this topic is.

We'll let a mod decide. Besides that rumor a few months back were still not sure if this is an "upcoming game" or not.

I don't see the point of that. There's really no point reusing a dead topic in the wrong section filled with replies on a different matter. I suppose a moderator could merge that topic into this one, but that would be quite pointless, and very messy.

Also as I said before, this isn't just a discussion topic.

Edited by -L-

They better port the DC version this time, with all the stages and chars in VS mode. I mean, what is the point of calling a game Dreamcast Collection, but port the version from Game Cube/PC?... I can't stand those shining models from DX, personaly.

Yet, somehow I fell we'll have the original DC port, because Nintendo has that "shit" with Battle, remember? They said: Don't sell that game in any other console, SEGA!

Don't know about SOAP, and I don't care, Sonic has shoes.

Also this:

sa2b_6.jpg

We all 'love' that derpy ending pose

biggrin.png

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

SA2 was my reintroduction to the sonic franchise - I obviously played all the classic games on the mega drive, and played Sonic Adventure at a friends house, but only being 9 at the time, I couldn't properly keep on tabs of which games were being released and when etc, so imagine my excitement when I opened a gift on my 10th birthday and it was it!

So with that, I honestly can't wait to get back into the game, loved it first time around.

• Thumbs Up 1

They better port the DC version this time, with all the stages and chars in VS mode. I mean, what is the point of calling a game Dreamcast Collection, but port the version from Game Cube/PC?... I can't stand those shining models from DX, personaly.

Yet, somehow I fell we'll have the original DC port, because Nintendo has that "shit" with Battle, remember? They said: Don't sell that game in any other console, SEGA!

Don't know about SOAP, and I don't care, Sonic has shoes.

Also this:

sa2b_6.jpg

We all 'love' that derpy ending pose

biggrin.png

Don't know what you got against the Battle version but the 360 port of SADX was the PC port which was the GC version + it had DX DLC. so most likely we will get the SA2 GC version with Battle DLC.

Edited by goku262002

Isn't Sonic Adventure 2 Battle just a graphically enhanced version with more features and less bugs?

• Thumbs Up 2