Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Don't know what you got against the Battle version but the 360 port of SADX was the PC port which was the GC version + it had DX DLC. so most likely we will get the SA2 GC version with Battle DLC.

I don't have anything against Battle, I just think you shouldn't call a game a Dreamcast Collection or a Dreamcast classic, and port a version from a console that isn't the Dreamcast. I do like the Battle version, I said I don't like the DX biggrin.png

If only the 360 port was the original DC version and the DLC the DX, I'll never download that DLC. But as you can see, the only thing the DLC changes is the tittle screen plus boring missions and 'Sonic 2' playable (I'm refering to Metal Sonic). The game is already the DX.

Isn't Sonic Adventure 2 Battle just a graphically enhanced version with more features and less bugs?

Battle actualy have new bugs and the new features are more levels in the VS mode (ok, Chao Karate, happy?). But no Big cameos or in cutscenes. The graphical differences are only visible in the models' shadows, plus some of the new animations are awfull (sometimes the chars looks really roundy and fatty).

Edited by Jango

Is this actually real?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K4hDpqvjpM

I didn't realize you could play as Big The Cat in the original Sonic Adventure 2 for multiplayer.

However I'm not really into the character, though.

Yes, you can play as Big in the original, but not in Battle if my memorie doesn't fail me. Also, the Dreamcast feature a lot of costumes and themes you could download, like Sonic with a Santa's cloak or a pumpkin halloween mask, Rouge dressed as a witch or a spy, there are actually lots of costumes for each char, see all here: http://fc07.devianta...sonictopfan.jpg

Edited by Jango

Oh yeah, I'm really hoping all the Dreamcast version's DLC is in this release. For single-player use too.

Please release SA2 on PSN. I have never played it. Pretty please!!!

I hope PSN gets it, after all we got SA1.

As for Widescreen/HD graphics, come on SEGA! I want to see the origins of Shadow The Hedgehog.

So what do you reckon, will we get SA2 or SA2 Battle?

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I did miss the Alt. costumes, We got new chatacters instead so it balenced out.

I doubt we would ever get the Dreamcast version, were gonna get a Dreamcast version look alike.

While I did miss the Alt. costumes, We got new chatacters instead so it balenced out.

I doubt we would ever get the Dreamcast version, were gonna get a Dreamcast version look alike.

What are the new chars actually? I really only remember Chaos Angel or something, hum... But of course, the new levels in 2-players mode are the very, very reason why Battle could be little better than the original. Play with my friends singing escape from the city has no price hahaha Still, is something they could have add in the DC version, probaly they didn't due the lack of space those GD had :X

Edit: Nevermind the talk about new chars in Battle, they are the same as the original, except for Big. So, Battle has LESS chars :/

Edited by Jango

In 2P we got chaos, tikal, metal sonic, and amy. and new alternate costumes for the original characters that were in 2P.

In 2P we got chaos, tikal, metal sonic, and amy. and new alternate costumes for the original characters that were in 2P.

But all of these are in the original version :|

AWW YEAH!!!

Imagine online 2P and tournament on SSMB O_O

I don't really care which versiob we get. It's stikk SA2.

• Thumbs Up 3

But no Big cameos or in cutscenes.

Not entirely true! I own SA2:B even to this day, I've never ever owned or played the Dreamcast original. But there is in fact one Big the Cat cameo that you can access in the Battle. It's during a cutscene on the Last Story where I think it's Amy talking to Shadow and you press all buttons on the controller except pause (I think) and then you see Big run past in the background!

• Thumbs Up 2

As I have never played SA2 (I have played SA1-which is a decent game) can someone tell me why this game is so good?

Obviously you have Escape from the City. I fucking love that song.

As I have never played SA2 (I have played SA1-which is a decent game) can someone tell me why this game is so good?

Obviously you have Escape from the City. I fucking love that song.

It's by far the best 3D Sonic title in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not entirely true! I own SA2:B even to this day, I've never ever owned or played the Dreamcast original. But there is in fact one Big the Cat cameo that you can access in the Battle. It's during a cutscene on the Last Story where I think it's Amy talking to Shadow and you press all buttons on the controller except pause (I think) and then you see Big run past in the background!

More than one, I think. Amy talking to Shadow, and I think the one with Knux and Rouge is still in there.

But all of these are in the original version :|

They were rebalanced though so they actually have unique characteristics. Metal Sonic cannot use special moves but has the black shield from Sonic CD for example. On the Dreamcast they were just alternative models.

I agree with almost all the suggestions so far. I only have two other requests personally:

Let us play single boss battles in the stage select.

and

Remove all Chao Garden emblems.

I like the Chao Garden, but it should remain optional. I hated that on top of playing the actual game you had to put hours and hours into a virtual pet game to unlock Green Hill.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they port it to the PSN/XBLA. Hopefully they won't be so lazy this time....

Anyways though, I never played the Dreamcast version of the game, but is there really anything special about it's specific version? That is, aside from the DLC...

I wouldn't be surprised if they port it to the PSN/XBLA. Hopefully they won't be so lazy this time....

Anyways though, I never played the Dreamcast version of the game, but is there really anything special about it's specific version? That is, aside from the DLC...

As someone who has owned both for five and a half years, I can assure you there is nothing special about the Dreamcast version besides DLC, Big, and it being the original. The Gamecube version is an enhancement, not a downgrade. It came out less than a year after the Dreamcast version. I honestly prefer the Gamecube version.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, here's some stuff that I want to see:

Shadow and Sonic (and other opposites) playable in each other's stages. You have no idea how much I want to play as Sonic in SA2's Radical Highway without the use of Action Replay. I mean sure, Shadow has to learn the Bounce Attack, but I'm not sure how hard that'd be. And I don't know how this'd work for Cannon's Core. Also, I'm more than sure that Knux and Rouge are capable of going through Sonic and Shadow's stages....

Multiplayer characters unlockable for single player levels. It'd be especially awesome if this was the DC version, as I'd be able to take down Eggman, with Big, in space! Space! Or Metal Sonic running away from the GUN truck, etc. Actually, it'd be freaking awesome playing as E-102 in some of the mech stages....

Maybe a custom soundtrack ala Generations? Or an unlockable roll? I mean, I'd love a roll in the game, because it's clear the the rolling physics can work, like in Radical Highway's slopes. It's just that they never work with loops. ;_;

It's possible...but will it happen? Doubt it.

Can't wait for the review scores that are half of what they were in 2001 and are probably even lower than what SA1 XBLA/PSN got, even though SA2 is a clear improvement in many areas. tongue.png

One can only wonder how CJohnsonSA3 will react when this happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have City Escape, Radical highway and Biolizard so I'm fine with the SA2 fill.

Hm, I wonder if this port will actually be good; I mean, from what I've heard, apparently the Sonic Adventure XBLA port was shoddy at best.

Hm, I wonder if this port will actually be good; I mean, from what I've heard, apparently the Sonic Adventure XBLA port was shoddy at best.