Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I would love online multiplayer somehow(Chao gardens or something else) But knowing sega and ports, the only thing they will probably do is just connect the chao garden from Adventure 1 to this. I'm SOOO excited for this. I will but this before i Buy Sonic 4 Episode 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, I wonder if this port will actually be good; I mean, from what I've heard, apparently the Sonic Adventure XBLA port was shoddy at best.

Just found out from Sonic Paradise's Twitter feed that Major Nelson has removed the Sonic Adventure 2 Avatar items listing now XD

http://majornelson.com/2012/05/29/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-10/

3vMQv.png

http://www.sonicparadise.net/2012/05/sonic-adventure-2-cada-vez-mas-cerca-de.html

• Thumbs Up 2

But didn't he announce this? Why would Sega tell him to remove something that was announced officially?

It's by far the best 3D Sonic title in my opinion.

Best? I'd have to give that title to Sonic Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Best? I'd have to give that title to Sonic Unleashed.

I 100% agree with you on that one. I like Unleashed better than SA2 in every imaginable way. Edited by Dr. Felix

Just found out from Sonic Paradise's Twitter feed that Major Nelson has removed the Sonic Adventure 2 Avatar items listing now XD

http://majornelson.c...marketplace-10/

3vMQv.png

http://www.sonicpara...s-cerca-de.html

He removed? HAAA! It's all going according to plan.

First a leak from a non-Sega employee -> Hours later the same leak is removed.

It's is a circle and it's about to be complete.

I'll open my eyes for this E3, because now I'm sure something is coming on.

Edited by Jango

Interesting... but wouldn't that pretty much doom the port to a torrent of negative reviews?

It's probably already doomed to that, though. :C

Hopefully they put effort into this, SEGA seems to have a bad history with ports. Maybe they could even fix some really common glitches? I doubt it, but hey, I can dream!

Oh, and a PC port would be great, if only to see all the mods that would be made. I wonder if they'd be able to put SA2 Sonic in Generations...

Interesting... but wouldn't that pretty much doom the port to a torrent of negative reviews?

That's the point.

EDIT: 200th post. Woo...?

Edited by Dr. Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's the point.

So basically, "I really hate this game, I hope this port is horrible, even if there's a lot of people that would love to see it be done well." Am I understanding your point here?

• Thumbs Up 5

That's the point.

EDIT: 200th post. Woo...?

In addition to Element's point, I'd like to add on to this. That is a terrible idea. Unless you were joking, where I would say that it wasn't a very funny joke. Ports in general should be handled with care, something which Sonic Adventure has been trying to prove since 2003.

Edited by Burnt Ash

In addition to Element's point, I'd like to add on to this. That is a terrible idea. Unless you were joking, where I would say that it wasn't a very funny joke. Ports in general should be handled with care, something which Sonic Adventure has been trying to prove since 2003.

That care happened with CD port, it didn't with SA, sorry... But c'mon, SEGA knows how many and how much people like SA2, screw with it and do a bad port is like playing with fire. Somehow I have really high hopes on this port, I'm thinking they will make a really really good job if end up been true smile.png I'm hopefull here.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

That care happened with CD port, it didn't with SA, sorry... But c'mon, SEGA knows how much and how many people like SA2, screw with it and doing a bad port is like playing with fire. Somehow I have really high hopes on this port, I'm thinking they will make a really really good job if end up been true smile.png I'm hopefull here.

Come to think of it, my word choice there was a bit odd. What I meant to say was that SA1's numerous bad ports should show us that ports should be handled with better care.

I think people are getting their hopes ridiculously high. SA2 port will not have online play or anything like that, great as it would be, unless they pull a Taxman which looking at SA1 seems unrealistic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think people are getting their hopes ridiculously high. SA2 port will not have online play or anything like that, great as it would be, unless they pull a Taxman which looking at SA1 seems unrealistic.

Honestly, I believe this allot. Guys c'mon this is SEGA here, I'm sure the port will be decent since its only been ported once in its lifetime but all this stuff you guys are asking, just wait for PC mods except the online play, really really doubt it.

I really do hope that they add the Big cameos for both cutscenes and gameplay and all the 2P alt. costumes back. those are small and very realistic requests.

Let's not apply Murphy's Law by any means shall we. As much as some of you might hate this game or not have hopes with it, let's be positive that if Sega ever does this, they will put in all the good features and make it like big and good. At the end of the day, if this does well (which all depends on Sega), we all benefit as Sonic's reputation increases again and we are looked at in brighter light.

This is honestly a very good chance SEGA has to bring some positive attention back to Sonic again.....which they reallllllyyy need since their company is suffering. Not going to get my hopes up, but here to hoping that the SA2 port...is more than just your typical SEGA port.

• Thumbs Up 4

Im hopping this will turn out well, even though I dont care for SA2.

I mean, I hope at least it turns out a helluva a lot better than that horriblly recived SA1 XBLA port.

I'm hoping this turns out well so maybe we can have a chance to play as other characters in the future games. But knowning how critics are nowadays, they'll probably give this game a lot of backlash for having other characters or different alternate gameplay styles.

• Thumbs Up 3

So people's "Best 3D Sonic game of all time" maybe coming out. I'm not really excited about this game getting a port.

But SA2 must have a Taxman-like port or at least close to that, otherwise it is a complete waste of time.

Prepare for it to get bad reviews, telling others to stick to the original and sales for the port not as good.

SA2 port will not have online play or anything like that
The XBLA port of Sonic 2 had online play last I checked, so it's not entirely unreasonable to suggest. Of course, player 2 did suffer from some nasty button lag, but even with that it still means online Chao games are entirely practical - something I know a lot of Sonic fans would kill for enough not to mind some button lag in minigames that only require one button and minimal involvement anyway.

Not that I'm getting my hopes up either, especially after the way SA1XBLA turned out. You'd think a simple upscaled emulation wouldn't be that damned hard to pull off.

• Thumbs Up 1