Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I'm glad Big has been restored back into cut-scenes, I really hope SEGA have some sort of online mode kept secret so we can play kart racing and chao games against the world. The graphics and framerate should be good if its getting the HD treatment, but I'm not sure.

the least SEGA could do is give us all of SA2's original DLC if we're going to fucking pay for it, that's Chao stuff, Multiplayer, Karting and the Season multiplayer outfits.

i'm wondering if they're going to have Avatar Awards like they did for SA? a pair of SOAPS for my Avatar wouldn't go unnoticed :L

Edited by Super Soniko

Is that really from this release of Sonic Adventure 2= Because the upload date is from June...

EDIT: Confirmed,it's from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, with blur effect added using Adobe After Effects. Nothing to see here, ladies and gentlemen

I do like how they are pushing these IP's. Maybe it will lead to a new entry in each series? Maybe it could get SEGA some other IP sales other then Sonic. I know I would love another entry in each of these series's (other then SA3 obviously).

I do like how they are pushing these IP's. Maybe it will lead to a new entry in each series? Maybe it could get SEGA some other IP sales other then Sonic. I know I would love another entry in each of these series's (other then SA3 obviously).

I've felt for quite a while now that JSR and NiGHTS sequels are perfectly suited to digital distribution, so I'm hoping that's the way things go. (Painful to admit as I love having physical copies, particularly of SEGA titles but let's face it...anything else just seems unlikely with SEGA's current sitch.)

EDIT: I keep getting the new page every other time I post here...edited in what I was responding to.

Edited by Mykonos

I am interested in the "SEGA Heritage" name, is that suppose to be a new brand name for the re-releases?

Are we to expect new collections in the future using this name? Possible physical release like the last dreamcast games.

Could it be that they decided to give the ports to other studios so they could be better?

Or could we see sequels for these franchises(besides sonic) in the future?

I would really like to see sega invest on other franchises besides sonic, but with the way the company is moving physical releases are unlikely.

Finally I do hope the best for this port(I mean I know it's not much difficult to top the adventure one) but I do expect a little more effort is put into it.

Edited by redhellc
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm looking forward to seeing Big in the cutscenes without having to...uh...force him to appear.

Also, this is off-topic, but here's my entry for that Aaron-Webber-riding-a-turtle-on-lava: http://fav.me/d5dfalh

I posted it on the Sega Forums yesterday, but I guess I'm too late...

personally I feel that some of the entries are so poorly done that it would be unfair to those who submitted later but put more effort/thought into their entry but I bet no one cares

• Thumbs Up 1

"PLAY THEM AGAIN FOR THE 1ST TIME!"

18651159.jpg

On a side note, glad to know that the music they create and use for their trailers is still as great as ever.

I am interested in the "SEGA Heritage" name, is that suppose to be a new brand name for the re-releases?

Are we to expect new collections in the future using this name? Possible physical release like the last dreamcast games.

Could it be that they decided to give the ports to other studios so they could be better?

Or could we see sequels for these franchises(besides sonic) in the future?

Looks like the Heritage brand is being used for only Dreamcast releases which suggests (IMO) that SEGA will be re-releasing more Dreamcast titles in the near future. I assume Nights, JSR and SA2 are all getting HD and Widescreen face lifts. I also find it interesting that all three games were advertised together and not SA2 on it's own-hence SEGA wanting to promote the Heritage brand as well as the games.

If each game costs £15.00 each upon release, I can see us being given the offer of buying all three in one go for £40.00, i.e. which would be sllightly cheaper. Admittedly, I haven't ever played any of three games, but I have heard good thing about them all. So I might be interested in buying all three in a bundle for a few pounds less.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

The SEGA Heritage brand covers Saturn and Dreamcast ports, possibly arcade ports of the late 90's/00's too though they haven't branded any with the Heritage name yet. But I'd think if something like After Burner Climax were released this year rather than in 2010, it would have the Heritage label. In turn, Vintage Collection covers Genesis/Mega Drive and arcade titles from that era. Also perhaps Master System games too.

I'd assume we can expect more Heritage titles in the future, Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue are at the top of the list. Though I would LOVE to see Panzer Dragoon Saga (not gonna happen) or Burning Rangers.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Didn't a rep say this and Shenmue would be the next rereleases? So it seems they definitely are coming now.

Yesh. I see great things coming with that new SEGA Heritage corporation. I believe they are indeed a new studio to re-release games in HD, so no more lazy ports \o/

at 0:33 derp face ending pose confirmed. Damn I was hoping they fixed that.

How is it a derp face? It's a common "cool pose" for the end of the level. I can't even see his mouth btw.

How is it a derp face? It's a common "cool pose" for the end of the level. I can't even see his mouth btw.

Ah, this is just a thingy, the fact is that Sonic looks a little er... chubby and cross-eyed. The camera angle also helps it xD

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I think he's referring to how Sonic is kinda cross-eyed and has pretty much no expression/emotion on his face while doing that 'end of level' pose, in comparison to the Dreamcast version, where he has a slightly different end of level pose where he's shown from a different angle with actual expression/emotion on his face and isn't cross-eyed.