The latest issue of Nintendo Power in North America has confirmed that a Castlevania game is coming to the 3DS. The game, officially titled Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate.
It is set 25 years after the events of Lords of Shadow and will follow Trevor Belmont as he tries to stop Dracula. You’ll also eventually be able to play as three other characters, including Simon Belmont.
Some details include
- deep combat mechanics
- involves Trevor Belmont
- Fight with Trevor's version of the Combat Cross
- strong attacks with X
- wider-reaching attacks with Y
- secondary weapons like the boomerang-like glaive and electric bomb
- use these with A
- grab enemies with R
- block and dodge with L
- involves light and shadow magic returns
- earn experience points to unlock new combos
- these include launching foes into the air, smashing enemies down to the ground and more
- includes skeletons, axe-wielding undead and more
There are over 14 screenshots released, which can all be viewed here
You can expect a gameplay trailer probably at E3.
Edited by Nintendoga, 30 May 2012 - 07:22 PM.