Awoo.

Come to SUMO and help us to improve the game!

S0L

On your part, I doubt this would be considered a breach of rules!

HEY GUYS! OPPORTUNITY OF THE CENTURY (year) HERE!

i'm interested but there are a few complications

1. i work saturdays and sundays

2. i live in County Durham, i've looked at the map it doesn't seem that far away

3. what about during SoS weekend? i don't want to miss that!

i could do it, but i'd have to figure out travel

Wowzer. I'd love to take part in this. I'm not in Sheffield mind, or up north even (East Anglia) but I could make the arrangements. Are you looking for people with any prior experience in the industry or not?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to cover a few of those initial questions...

We're not expecting anyone to work weekends (though we probably will be!). So if you're already booked in for SoS, you're free to spend the day down there with me. Hell I might even go for a pint after the show...!

Sheffield to County Durham might be a bit of a commute - but if you're still up for it, drop a mail to the address :P

---

S0L

---

Guh, UK specific. Oh well.

That rules those of us in the States out. Sounds like a good opportunity though. I hope a few of you guys on here take this by the horns and get something good out of it.

Wowzer. I'd love to take part in this. I'm not in Sheffield mind, or up north even (East Anglia) but I could make the arrangements. Are you looking for people with any prior experience in the industry or not?

Experience is nice, but not required. What we're looking for is a good mix of ages and abilities, we need bad players and good. You know which category you fall into :P

The North of England comment is purely as whilst we have some budget put aside for this, we can't afford to ship people up and down the country travel or put them in hotels purely on the expense side of things. We'll not stop anyone who wants to pay their own way for taking part, but we stress this is voluntary. We are also talking to local universities with games courses, but I figured opening this up to a wider audience wouldn't hurt!

---

S0L

---

Just to cover a few of those initial questions...

We're not expecting anyone to work weekends (though we probably will be!). So if you're already booked in for SoS, you're free to spend the day down there with me. Hell I might even go for a pint after the show...!

Sheffield to County Durham might be a bit of a commute - but if you're still up for it, drop a mail to the address tongue.png

---

S0L

---

i very much am commuted but like i said i'd have to single out the weekends due to me working, but i could be back down for Monday again :P

i'm sure i can work something out, wouldn't want to miss an opportunity like this!

Guh, UK specific. Oh well.

That rules those of us in the States out. Sounds like a good opportunity though. I hope a few of you guys on here take this by the horns and get something good out of it.

Oddly enough SEGA are running a similar thing in the States this weekend, though they won't get to come and watch the game actually take shape :P

---

S0L

---

I WANNA GO!

OMG! I would so love to go down and help you guys out! I'm even in a reasonable travel location to get to and from there, in fact the train I get on to work is indeed the Sheffield train! Sigh... I just don't know if I could get the time off work since I only just started and already need the day before SOS off...

I so wanna do this because it's something I've always wanted to do but just never had the foggiest idea as to how to do it and now it's for a game/company that I really like too!

Please can there actually be some weekend opportunities? =)

Edit: Nah, I don't think I'm what you're looking for at all.

Edited by FFWF

I WANNA GO!

OMG! I would so love to go down and help you guys out! I'm even in a reasonable travel location to get to and from there, in fact the train I get on to work is indeed the Sheffield train! Sigh... I just don't know if I could get the time off work since I only just started and already need the day before SOS off...

I so wanna do this because it's something I've always wanted to do but just never had the foggiest idea as to how to do it and now it's for a game/company that I really like too!

Please can there actually be some weekend opportunities? =)

I'm not promising any weekend opportunities as looking after the folks needs people to be here - and when it comes to the weekends we try only to get folk who in are definitely required. That's why it's in the week when we've got a full crew on hand...!

---

S0L

---

well.. i've dropped a mail, its a long shot but boy is it worth it, thanks S0L! if i don't make it down, will be sure to catch up at SoS or after if you're down for it! = D

I only live a couple of hours away from sheffield, and I'm free up until I start college in September.

I'm definitely going to give this a shot.

I'd love to do this... and I'm in the North.. I don't have any plans for those weeks either, plus I love S&SASR. Hmm.

Only problem would be the cost of commuting for me after a week or two. xD

Edit: I'll drop an email in regardless. smile.png

Edited by Rabid-Noodles

This is relevant to my interests. What sort of information should I include in my application?

I only live a couple of hours away from sheffield, and I'm free up until I start college in September.

I'm definitely going to give this a shot.

You absolutely should :)

This is relevant to my interests. What sort of information should I include in my application?

Pretty easy, which start date interests you, how old you are, where you are coming from. It's nice to know your favourite games, but not essential. What we're looking for is lots of mixes of ages and ability, it helps us hone track design, difficulty, weapons balance etc etc etc!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1