Awoo.

Monster's University

Winston

I thought you were crying because you thought this raped your childhood, but turns out you like it. Good. Because I was gonna chew you out for hating it. cool.png

Looks cool! Looking forward to this one.

I thought you were crying because you thought this raped your childhood

No way! I've been waiting for this for nearly 10 years! tongue.png

Monsters Inc. is my 2nd favorite Disney Pixar franchise (Toy Story beats it) and I'm way over the moon when I found out 2 years ago about them making this sequel! It's almost here! Just another year to wait now!

Seeing this trailer really gives me hope for what Pixar has to offer with our two favorite monsters. And taking alook at the summary kinda reminds me of early pitches of the oringinal's story where Mike was working for Randall and was often annoyed by Sulley.

No way! I've been waiting for this for nearly 10 years! tongue.png

You and me both brother. I was hoping they'd make another Monster's Inc. movie for a while. Seeing this makes it worth the wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonder if Sully will have glasses at some point, like he did in early footage of the first film.

This actually kind of irks me because I really never saw a need for another Monsters, but I do love the first one so this is welcome. I'm sure it will turn out fine, it's Pixar, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Isn't it "Monsters University", like, without " ' " ? Just wondering.

Anyway, really looking forward to this. I loved the first movie, and I hope this will be just as good. I would've prefered the director of the first one directing this as well, but oh well, you can't have everything.

By the way, anyone noticed Mike's "teddy monster" which he and Sulley used in Monsters Inc to calm down Boo? biggrin.png

Edited by Thigolf

I'm happy they didn't make this a sequel. It would have ruined the poetic ending I love so much of the first movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

While I agree with Noir that Monsters Inc didn't really need another movie, this is still going to be welcomed with open arms. I'm super glad they went for the prequel route too, it wouldn't have been right to follow up the existing movie and have the the two and Boo go on another adventure for the hell of it - or worse - show her grown up.

While I agree with Noir that Monsters Inc didn't really need another movie, this is still going to be welcomed with open arms. I'm super glad they went for the prequel route too, it wouldn't have been right to follow up the existing movie and have the the two and Boo go on another adventure for the hell of it - or worse - show her grown up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely excited for this one - love Monsters Inc, and I'm glad they're leaving the end of it where it should be.

I'm excited for this only in the vein of it being a Pixar movie, and I admit that the teaser was funny, but I will never forget that the directors used to stress that they wouldn't make continuations of their films unless the left it open as such, unless they themselves considered it necessary, and in little over a decade they're doing just the opposite. And coupled with the strange restructuring that's going on now inside of Pixar that's looking like an impediment to the tightly-coiled brain-trust that allowed past films to be as good as they are (Lasseter being everywhere and exhausted on account of running Disney now, Stanton and Bird doing their own thing, farming out DTV work to their new Canadian studio (fuck Planes; seriously), bringing on a multitude of writers for projects now, etc.), call me cynical and disappointed with the fact that this film even exists. It just feels antithetical to the Pixar I knew from my childhood and believed in.

• Thumbs Up 8

I admit I wasn't too thrilled with the idea at first. Pixar doing a prequel just didn't seem right, as I'm used to them always bringing something completely new to the table (with the exception of the Toy Story series and, unfortunately, Cars 2). On top of that, the whole premise of Mike and Sulley in college seemed kinda lame.

But this trailer makes it seem like it's gonna have the heart and humor of the other Pixar films, and it looks very enjoyable, so I don't really have a problem with it anymore.

Plus, it looks much more Pixar-y than Brave, which I am surprisingly uninterested in.

• Thumbs Up 2

I admit I wasn't too thrilled with the idea at first. Pixar doing a prequel just didn't seem right, as I'm used to them always bringing something completely new to the table (with the exception of the Toy Story series and, unfortunately, Cars 2). On top of that, the whole premise of Mike and Sulley in college seemed kinda lame.

But this trailer makes it seem like it's gonna have the heart and humor of the other Pixar films, and it looks very enjoyable, so I don't really have a problem with it anymore.

Plus, it looks much more Pixar-y than Brave, which I am surprisingly uninterested in.

Looks great, and I'm really looking forward to it. Though I can't shake the feeling that an original Pixar movie about college life rather than one using existing characters would've been cooler. Same with how I think an original Pixar Spy movie would've been cooler than one set in the Cars universe.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

If what I know about Pixar is correct, they never make a sequel/extension to an existing movie unless it's at least as good if not better than the original. I read that's the reason we still haven't gotten another freaking Incredibles.

Why did Cars 2 suck so much then?

• Thumbs Up 3

Why did Cars 2 suck so much then?

Cars 2 wasn't that bad, c'mon. :/

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this movie. Monsters inc is probably one of my favorite Pixar movies next to Wall-e and I really love to world of the Monsters, so It'll be great to see more of that in this movie. Can't wait for it!

Cars 2 wasn't that bad, c'mon. :/

2rwu5g1.png

Unlike Monsters, Cars 2 was made for the $$$. The target audience for Cars 2 was also in a different ball park compared to Pixar's other films. I'm sure Monsters will be decent at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 1