Awoo.

Monster's University

Winston

Since they went the way of making kids laugh at the end of the first Monsters I don't see how they could make a sequel without it feeling too different. But hey, I'm welcoming this film with open arms because I've been waiting for another movie from this series.

I also didn't even like the first Cars that much so I'm guessing Cars 2 would make me vomit.

2rwu5g1.png

Unlike Monsters, Cars 2 was made for the $$$. The target audience for Cars 2 was also in a different ball park compared to Pixar's other films. I'm sure Monsters will be decent at the very least.

I meant to say that I didn't think cars 2 was that bad. I really can't give two shots over what reviewers say.

I'm just gonna just drop this, though. I'm sick and tired of seeing Pixar movie topics turning into rants about how everyone hates the Cars series. I can understand why people wouldn't like it but It gets annoying after a while.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond
  • Thumbs Up 1

I loved the first one when it came out and still do.

I've always kind of wondered what Mike and Sulley were like before joining the scaring industry and this movie will surely answer that. Doing a prequel seems more feasible than a sequel, anyway.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Anyone notice how each version of the trailer has Mike say something different?

http://movies.yahoo....r-29717274.html <-- "Monsters ate my HW."

^"My pony made the deeds last night."

[media=]

^"I can't go to class, I'm not wearing any clothes."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1610673.html <-- "Class President, ha ha ha."

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I meant to say that I didn't think cars 2 was that bad. I really can't give two shots over what reviewers say.

I'm just gonna just drop this, though. I'm sick and tired of seeing Pixar movie topics turning into rants about how everyone hates the Cars series. I can understand why people wouldn't like it but It gets annoying after a while.

Same, it would nice if people would stop relaying on the percentage review sites as much as they really do work on perspective. sleep.png

You can't just go off percentage.

Eh, not to fond of this. I'll wait for more footage.

rSame, it would nice if people would stop relaying on the percentage review sites as much as they really do work on perspective. sleep.png

You can't just go off percentage.

Percentage sites are right 99% of time.

see what I did there

I'm surprised this is getting so much dislike, but I guess I can understand that. I've been waiting years for another Monster, Inc. and the trailer made me laugh a little bit, so I'm excited for it.

Percentage sites are right 99% of time.

see what I did there

Yeah I did and no there not, people should make up their own minds at least read both good and bad reviews to form your opinion rating than just looking at the percentage especially if it is mix/middle way.

I personally enjoyed Cars 2, compared to other Pixar films yes it is not my favourite but I didn't see it as a bad movie.smile.png

Anyway, Monsters University looks promising I really liked the first one and just by watching the trailer Goodman and Crystal haven't lost their touch.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

2rwu5g1.png

It's almost as though people have different opinions

Edited by Diabetic in Sweet Mountain
  • Thumbs Up 2

I saw the first one in theaters. I remember I didn't want to see it, my sister did. I wanted to see the Jimmy Neutron movie. We ended up seeing both and I loved it so much.

Hey guys! Did you know John Goodmans' Birthday is today, and the teaser trailer launched today too! Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Edited by Wreck-It Winston
  • Thumbs Up 4

This doesn't interest me to much at the moment. There hasn't been a single Pixar movie teaser or trailer to really super hype me up after Toy Story 3. I'm still gonna check out Brave (even though I'm not all that excited for it) so time will tell if that holds up, but I worry about the quality of this one. I remember back when people could say that their weakest movies were Cars and Bug's Life, and even they weren't that bad, just not amazing like the others (though personally I really hate Cars).

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember back when people could say that their weakest movies were Cars and Bug's Life, and even they weren't that bad, just not amazing like the others (though personally I really hate Cars).

No one seems to ever talk about Bug's Life. I usually end up forgetting about it when trying to think of Pixar movies, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 6 months later...

I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to this. I haven't seen Cars 2 or Brave, but from what I've heard of those movies, this feels like it'll be meh at best.

I forgot we have this topic when I posted the latest trailer and website in the movie thread XD

A new trailer has emerged for the long-awaited Monsters, Inc. sequel Monsters University.

The ‘Imagine You at MU’ video is styled as a promotion for the university itself and does a fantastic job of showing everything that’s on offer at the prestigious institution where Mike (Billy Crystal) and Sulley (John Goodman) first met.

Anyone who’s curious about the Monsters University can now check out the website http://monstersuniversity.com/edu/ and read all about courses available from the School of Scaring to the School of Liberal Arts and Monstrosities, as well as campus life and the admissions process.

Monsters University will hit our screens 12th July.

http://www.facebook.com/hmv/posts/134093363416189

It's an obvious reason why they are making sequels to these films. Because they feel like they can give more. Not to mention their first films were a box office success.

There will never be A Bug's Life 2 (which I want!) because there is absolutely nothing to do from when the story ended, except one of Hopper's hench-grasshoppers may want revenge on Flik and the ants.

I still think Toy Story 4 can be possible, yes Toy Story 3 had one of greatest endings I've seen in a movie, but before that many people still think Toy Story 3 shouldn't have happened in the first place. They changed their minds about that now. If Pixar have another great Toy Story they want to share with us, let them do so. They have done 3 already and none of them were disappointing.

Finding Nemo 2....never heard of this sequel 'til now. That's a surprise. Is Nemo kidnapped again? D= 

I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to this. I haven't seen Cars 2 or Brave, but from what I've heard of those movies, this feels like it'll be meh at best.

Wait what?  I'm sorry, but that logic makes no sense.  Because of what you've HEARD about two previous films that are at worst decent animated feature films that both have specific reasons as to why they aren't as good as previous Pixar films (in the case of Brave, it went through a bit of a development hell so to speak due to the director getting fired and being replaced part way through causing a conflict of creative ideas whilst in the case of Cars 2....well to be honest that was more of a cash-in film since the first Cars made so much money largely due to how much merchandise was made) that instantly means that this film is going to be "meh at best"?  Sorry, but that just seems stupid to me.  

Despite the previous two films, Pixar are still the most consistent 3D animation studio in the world when it comes to creating masterpiece films.  Literally EVERY other film before Cars 2 has ranged from great to phenomenal.

• Thumbs Up 7

I've heard that Cars 2 sucks, and Brave is a bit mediocre. I guess the fact that this is a prequel rubs me the wrong way.