Awoo.

Monster's University

Winston

What the actual--?

Okay, remember my last post in this topic? Well, it turns out that the Toy Fair going on right now also had some dirt to dish;

405572_10151225430637035_924214607_n.jpg

tumblr_mhljbaOEL01rpizb8o1_400.jpg

So...it looks like I'm kinda right?

• 1 month later...

Welp, I can't search for shit. 

Anyway, bumping this up slightly to comment on something; this advertising campaign is pretty original actually. First there's the website which is like a real Uni website, then there was that message from the dean, as if MU did Youtube videos (which my Uni actually does).

And I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I think there's even a Tumblr advertising campaign in the form of a student blogging.

You know what Pixar film actually needs a sequel? The Incredibles. There is so much potential there.

You know what Pixar film actually needs a sequel? The Incredibles. There is so much potential there.

Eeeehhhh.... I'm probably the only person who wouldn't care for an Incredibles sequel and I'm starting to get tired of literally everyone saying that they want to see one. I can't really think of how a sequel could work other than the kids growing up, but Toy Story 3 already did something like that. Then again, there's plenty different ways of telling a coming of age story I guess. 

I wasn't really asking for sequels to any of Pixars movies actually, (Not even Toy Story 3, but that one actually more than exceeded my expectations.) and yet so many of them are turning up. With Finding Nemo 2 supposedly being official, not to mention the general reaction to Cars 2 and Brave, I'm kinda getting a little worried about Pixar's Quality.

I'm still giving Monsters University a chance. It doesn't look like a bad movie from what we've seen so far, but I still an a little wary of it. 

Edited by MAYHEM!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's some new character profiles and plot hints:

MonstersUniversity-poster.jpg

James P. Sullivan: When it comes to Scaring, Sulley’s a natural—his abundant size, fierce roar and family legacy of a long line of high-achieving Scarers make him a shoo-in for the esteemed Scare Program at Monsters University. But from the moment the overly confident monster steps his big furry feet on campus, it’s clear he’d rather crack jokes than books—and he learns the hard way that his unfettered talent and family ties can only get him so far. With his ego bruised and future in jeopardy, a stubborn Sulley must put his pride aside, team up with an odd bunch of misfit monsters and actually work if he wants to live up to his true Scaring potential.

Mike Wazowski: Mike Wazowski’s lifelong dream is to become a Scarer at Monsters, Inc.—and he’s sure he knows just how to do it. Ever since he was a young monster, Mike’s had his eye on Monsters University, home of the world’s top Scare Program. Now a freshman and hopeful Scare student, he’s well versed in the rich history, theory and technique required to reach his goal, and the little green one-eyed monster has more confidence, enthusiasm, determination and heart than all of his classmates combined. But unexpected roadblocks derail Mike’s plans and he’s forced to team up with a group of misfit monsters and an unlikely ally to give it the old college try and pull off the biggest coup in the University’s history.

Randy Boggs: Monsters University freshman Randy Boggs has big aspirations for college life. The peculiar lizard-like monster with his host of gangly arms and legs plans to major in Scaring and lead an active social life filled with fun, friends and fraternity parties. If only he could get his embarrassing disappearing habit under control, he’d be good to go, because how is he ever going to be a great Scarer if nobody can see him?

Professor Knight (not pictured): Professor Knight teaches Scaring 101, the introductory course to Scaring at Monsters University. With hundreds of new Scare students each year, Professor Knight must weed out the weak from the talented and identify who shows the most potential to be real Scarers. Only a few have what it takes to pass the formidable final exam and move on to the elite Scaring Program.

Art (purple monster on the banner): The ultimate free spirit, Art is a mysterious monster with a questionable background. By far the strangest member of the Oozma Kappas, Art bowls over the competition—sometimes literally—with his unique dexterity and wild-card ways. Nothing is scarier than the unpredictable, especially when it comes to this furry ball of bad.

Scott “Squishy” Squibbles (between Sully and Randy): Scott Squibbles gives new meaning to the term “undeclared.” A sophomore whose dream of becoming a Scarer was squashed in his first year at Monsters University, “Squishy” is a bit of a wide-eyed wanderer—small, sweet, naïve and quiet—who, not surprisingly, still lives with his doting mother. But with a little help from his Oozma Kappa brothers, Squishy begins to realize he’s more than just that shy monster in the corner.

Don Carlton (to the left of Mike): Faced with the realities of the economic downturn, Midwestern sales monster Don Carlton finds himself going back to school to learn new skills and pursue a dream career in Scaring. One of Monsters University’s “mature” students and a founding member of the Oozma Kappa fraternity, Don brings his honest hardworking spirit to their endeavors, ensuring that his fellow brothers keep their various heads on straight and their array of eyes on the task at hands.

Terri & Terry Perry (two-headed monster behind Squishy): When it comes to Terri and Terry, it’s hard not to ask, “Are two heads really better than one?” These bickering brothers have little in common: Terri with an “i” is a real romantic who’s quick to spot the silver lining in any situation, while older brother Terry with a “y” sports a more cynical outlook on life. If they can stop squabbling long enough to work with their Oozma Kappa brothers—they might be able to put their heads together—literally—and find their place in Monsters University’s Scare Program once and for all.

Dean Hardscrabble (not pictured): To Dean Hardscrabble, there are scary monsters and there are all other monsters. It’s no surprise she feels this way—she is, after all, a legendary Scarer and Dean of the School of Scaring at Monsters University. Aspiring Scare students must be up for the challenge to impress her, though she is convinced that her assessment of who is truly scary and who is not is never wrong.

BTW, is that a younger Roz behind Terri and Terry?

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Nevermind. You're right, it has been. -.-;;

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Nathan Fillion, Bonnie Hunt, John Krasinski, more voice cast revealed for Pixar's 'Monsters University' -- EXCLUSIVE

monsters-university-01.jpg

Image Credit: Disney/Pixar

Pixar’s Monsters University is a bit of a class reunion for our favorite creatures of the one-eyed and furry variety. In the prequel, Billy Crystal, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi will reprise their voice roles from 2001′s Monsters, Inc., but the new film will also feature plenty of new characters.

EW can exclusively reveal more actors who are bringing life to the animated movie’s monsters. Among the talent lending their voices to the film are Nathan Fillion (Castle), John Krasinski (The Office), and Bonnie Hunt (Cheaper By the Dozen).

Hunt’s acceptance into Monsters University marks a return to the Pixar family. She also voiced characters in A Bug’s LifeCarsToy Story 3, multiple short films, and even Monsters, Inc., though as a different character than her role in the prequel.

Previously announced voice actors include Sean P. Hayes (Will & Grace), Charlie Day (Horrible Bosses), Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation), Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2), and Helen Mirren (The Queen).

Eeeehhhh.... I'm probably the only person who wouldn't care for an Incredibles sequel and I'm starting to get tired of literally everyone saying that they want to see one. I can't really think of how a sequel could work other than the kids growing up, but Toy Story 3 already did something like that. Then again, there's plenty different ways of telling a coming of age story I guess. 

I wasn't really asking for sequels to any of Pixars movies actually, (Not even Toy Story 3, but that one actually more than exceeded my expectations.) and yet so many of them are turning up. With Finding Nemo 2 supposedly being official, not to mention the general reaction to Cars 2 and Brave, I'm kinda getting a little worried about Pixar's Quality.

I'm still giving Monsters University a chance. It doesn't look like a bad movie from what we've seen so far, but I still an a little wary of it. 

Eh, the sequel to the incredibles game kind of had a good direction for the story but that's just me.

People have given reactions from early screenings of a rough cut at Cinemacon;

tumblr_mlf2fskuCf1qadqfco1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlf2fskuCf1qadqfco6_500.jpg

tumblr_mlf2fskuCf1qadqfco3_500.jpg

tumblr_mlf2fskuCf1qadqfco5_500.jpg

tumblr_mlf2fskuCf1qadqfco4_500.jpg

tumblr_mlf41bchhZ1rn6kguo2_1280.jpg

Sounds good so far. 

Well, this actually makes me feel optimistic about this movie. Monsters Inc is probably one of my favorites from Pixar's works, so if it's as good as people are saying, then I'm looking more forward to it than I already was. 

This has certainly heightened my expectations a bit more. =) If it's every bit as good as the first one (which I also enjoyed!) than I'm sure I'll like this one a lot too. Phew.

Yeah, well the social insecurity on display does explain why he craves the top scarer title so much in the original; it's not so much to prove himself that he's best, but to be able to get the attention he wants from others. 

And then the scare extractor scheme gets exposed by the very same people who burned him at college, and he goes a little loony.

• Thumbs Up 1

Double post for a bump. New trailer out;

Now...stare into the face of evil!

vFEeJT5.png

The face of a child abductor and murderer if I ever saw one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

They were playing those on Starz too, they seem to be connected to their airings of Brave if anyone wants to see them in higher quality. There was 1 before the film started, and 1 after it ended.