Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

Looks interesting!

Downloading the first episode right now.

Edited by Nizzlebolt Trotterhop

Well, the intro and animation look nice, I'll give it that. Let me watch the pilot before I make any final judgements.

>Disney XD/Disney Channel

>a good show

what is this madness

If that's true, then what the fuck is Phineas and Ferb?!

• Thumbs Up 8

If that's true, then what the fuck is Phineas and Ferb?!

Oh yeah.

I forgot about that. Phineas & Ferb is good too.

Edited by Fix-It Felix

I wish I still had Disney. Gravity Falls looks like it's a lot of fun, which is exactly what I need for this rather empty Summer.

EDIT:

I wish I still had Disney.

Oh dear god, I just said that.

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well, I've only been able to see the first part since my internet doesn't seem to want me to watch videos.=/

But, so far, my initial impressions are positive.

Saw it.

Loved it.

That is THE best animated golf kart in the history of animation.

jgiHa.gif

Mabel

• Thumbs Up 6

I've seen some commercials in the past for it. It does look a lot better than Disney's other crappy shows (with the exception of Phineas and Ferb of course.) I can't say I was a fan of Fish Hooks, but I did enjoy Flapjack.

I'll have to give it a look when I have a chance.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

So this is pretty much incredible

Probably my favorite pilot for a cartoon in the three years(?) since I stopped really watching television. Excluding Korra since it's a totally different kind of show.

It's been a while since I laughed out loud at a cartoon as much as I just did. The art style is soooo pretty and the animation is wonderfully smooth. And good lord that soundtrack what. I got a stupid grin as soon as that chiptune song played, it's great. I just love everything I've seen and I can't wait for more.

• Thumbs Up 6

I downloaded the episode last week, and it was AMAZING. I loved, loved the pilot. The writing, the music, the animation, the characters, the humor, totally down with it. Definitely watching it when the airs.

THE ANIMATION SO GOOD HSPIYDSGKHBCNS....

I love me good cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 2

All this hype makes me want to see it because as others have said, summer is looking to be pretty empty in terms of good shows.

Dat animation. This automatically boosts Disney Channel up a bit, but it still has loads of garbage in the way. If only I had this channel still, Oh well, Youtube will have to do for now

Just wanna reiterate what I said in the OP,

The first episode is free on iTunes

If you hate iTunes like me, then here's the download link http://www.mediafire...bz3bbihba2hf5f3

Just in case people were confused or didn't read the OP and looked at the pics. (Yes, I KNOW who you are)

>Hey Kids, why don't you put on some blindfolds and get in my van for a ride!

>Yay!!!!....Wait what?

Edited by Nintendoga

This show was pretty great, the humor was solid as well as the animation, and it should be no surprise that Mabel is my favorite character thus far.

Can't wait for more episodes in the future.

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Can't say I'm Mabel's biggest fan, though I like Dipper. I didn't really find any of the jokes laugh-out-loud funny, but they did at least get a small chuckle out of me most of the time. The animation is pretty good as well.

My favorite thing about this show is still the opening. I haven't loved a show's opening in the longest time, it makes me feel like a little kid watching Pokemon again. wub.png

Edited by Pinkamina

Hmmm...well it's pretty good but it didn't hook me like most of you. I still enjoy Regular Show and Adventure Time more but maybe a few more episodes might change that, or not. We'll see.

Ok, consider my curiosity peaked, I'll catch this on Friday...Like normal people.

It's pretty damn good. The villains were the best part, their writing (and behavior in the chase scene) was hilarious. At first the episode didn't seem too special, but it got much better in the second half. Dipper is cool and pretty funny. Mabel is funny too, but to be honest I found her slightly annoying. She didn't strike me as an extremely lovable idiot character, just sorta quirky.

Overall it's very good. Room for improvement, but it's miles better than anything Disney has put on TV as of late (I'd know, my sister watches Disney Channel -_-). Ranking it with other cartoons like it, I'd say it's about on par with Regular Show, but not quite as good as Adventure Time. But it's just starting out, so we'll have to see how it goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. That was really, really good. I loved it.

I can't imagine how good this could get. I mean, most cartoons I know start of boring or just okay in the pilot and get better after it (MLP, Adventure Time, Regular Show), but this started of so good! I can't wait for the next episode!

Watched the episode last night while I was half-awake and loved it; watching it again now that I'm fully awake and I love it even more. It's so wonderfully retro and nutty! Mabel and the chiptune music are my favourite parts so far (Mabel in particular has me hooked), above all the wonderful animation and atmosphere. It's a pity I don't have the Disney channel on TV or even watch TV to begin with, so I'll have to dig around online whenever new episodes come up, but this is certainly a must-watch for me alongside Regular Show.

Repeating rainbow spewing gnome in the credits had me laughing.