Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

b215e7f1d5a28f501f301a7e019e1676.png

(Source.)

I guess this is essentially Gravity Falls' closest equivalent to StevenBomb, haha. Seriously though, GET HYPE and all that!!

• Thumbs Up 3

We're getting a 3DS tie-in game.

Its being released by Ubisoft, using the UbiArt Engine. As you might expect, its a 2D Platformer. Not much else to go on, but looks like you can switch between the Pines twins at will. Also, it has Mabel's GRAPPLING HOOk!!!, so its already GOTY.

Did you see this?

tumblr_inline_nr8n7gJxrM1sf89wp_500.jpg

People are saying the stanchurian candidate sounds familiar-

tumblr_inline_nr8n9aa48l1sf89wp_500.jpg

Wait-

tumblr_inline_nr8na939JL1sf89wp_500.jpg

Uh oh.

• Thumbs Up 1

The hype is getting real!! Only 3 more days until the new episode airs! Aaahhhh!! Glad to see we'll be getting at least 2 more new episodes in the next month. Not too big a fan of how they're 3 weeks apart from each other but eh, if it's true what they say about the episodes taking forever to animate, that's fine. This is the most beautiful cartoon ever and I'd rather have it stay that way rather than have them rushed. With that said, bring it on, Disney! :D 

Did you see this?

tumblr_inline_nr8n7gJxrM1sf89wp_500.jpg

People are saying the stanchurian candidate sounds familiar-

tumblr_inline_nr8n9aa48l1sf89wp_500.jpg

Wait-

tumblr_inline_nr8na939JL1sf89wp_500.jpg

Uh oh.

We have to wait a full month after the next episode? Fuck.....

We're getting a 3DS tie-in game.

Its being released by Ubisoft, using the UbiArt Engine. As you might expect, its a 2D Platformer. Not much else to go on, but looks like you can switch between the Pines twins at will. Also, it has Mabel's GRAPPLING HOOk!!!, so its already GOTY.

Well dayum, let me just say that I love the game's art style. It looks completely identical to the show, so that's great.

But I'm not sure how I feel on the game itself. It could be good, but handheld-exclusive platformers seem to be the go-to thing for licensed kids games, and their track record ain't pretty. We can only wait and see, I guess.

We have to wait a full month after the next episode? Fuck.....

Sshhhh. If Disney hears you, they'll delay those episodes to November.

:P

Say isn't the new episode tonight? will probably have to find it online  myself

Say isn't the new episode tonight? will probably have to find it online  myself

Yes, it airs in about 30 minutes. I imagine someone will stream it or it'll be online shortly after it airs.

Holy shit! Dat reveal! We finally got to learn how the journals got started, the origins of the Mystery Shack, and how Grunkle Stan became the person he is today. I have to admit, I feel bad for him when he got disowned by his own family. We sure were left hanging after the last episode and they did not disappoint with the follow up to it!

Ah man the new episode was amazing and it answered so many questions that lingered around the show for months. But I can't help but feel something big is coming. It just leaves me to wonder where the show will go from this point.

Well only 37 days until we get the new episode.

this episode was great a lot of questions got answered  but like sonicgirl313 said it feels like something big will becoming in the future the question is what could that thing be?

That was an amazing episode. I'm not too big a fan of "this episode is me telling backstory" types of episodes but this one was actually really important and gave us a nice inside look on Stanley and Stanford's past. And although it was 30 minutes long (that's like, 8 minutes longer than usual, right?) it still felt normal length. It was nice seeing the return of the full theme song. I hated the short version they used the past 2 ones. :L

But hey, yeah now I feel we're gonna start getting into the meat of the series. With all that backstory covered, and all those questions answered, I can't wait to see what's up next. Also, I can't remember.. did the creator say they wanted 2 seasons for this show? Or was it 3? Because I feel we could get another season of story at the pace it's going now. 

They really did answer a lot here and it was super satisfying to check off origin after origin for so many longrunning questions - and yet the biggest, scariest questions go unanswered - where did Ford go - and of what relation is it to Bill Cipher?

Also Soos' fanfic line before Stan started (and the credits scene with Wendy) completely cracked me up.

This episode had some amazing atmosphere to it as well, the amount of musicless scenes was rather surprising, such as Stan waking up in his car and dialling the payphone in the middle of nowhere.  Really made his trials seem significant, down to earth and real.

Though on the flipside, the montage of Stan starting up the Mystery Shack with that awesome music was fantastic too.

I didn't get to watch the original airing of the episode, but it repeated the following morning, so I did get to watch it. And boy am I glad I did (and avoided all spoilers)! My only question is, why do we have to wait a month for another episode? I watch so many shows that I haven't really kept up with Gravity Falls as closely as I could be, so could someone tell me why we have to wait so long between each episode? 

All of this makes me wonder how:

Stanley and the Author are going to fix their relationship, assuming they do, or if Dipper and Mabel are going to find themselves undergoing a similar crisis and become embittered to each other.

So I finally watched the episode, and it was really great! It was satisfying to get some answers, at least for the whole Author mystery. However, I can't help but feel like there's at least one specific thing that just doesn't feel right when I started thinking about it. Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but then again...Gravity Falls. Might as well write down my thoughts and see if anyone else feels the same way.

EDIT: Opps somehow deleted my thoughts trying to fix the spoiler tags uuugh, gimme a minute.

I'm a little suspicious of Ford.

Okay hear me out: in this episode McGucket is clearly terrified and ended up being messed up enough to begin erasing his memories after only getting a glimpse of the alternate dimension for a few seconds...and yet, Ford was fine after being there for decades?

Perhaps he was just more emotionally prepared for Weird Stuff, considering Ford was in Gravity Falls for at least six years (that was how long he had been in Gravity Falls when he made the first entry in the third journal, and after that is around the time he called in McGucket to help with the portal) by the incident with McGucket  But while that would make sense, it seems a bit too convenient that he's come back and is, as far as we've seen, just fine.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, maybe I'm just being paranoid. XP

Edited by Celestia

• 1 month later...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! The Last Mablecorn was mind blowing and you can tell something big is still going to happen! Also love the reference to the previous episode. XD I can sum up the amazement of the episode in one single word.

Bord!

There's too many hints lately of UFOs and those cliffs. I'm liking where this is going.

The Last Mabelcorn was great. Had a great laugh with the unicorn segments, and the more Bill stuff I get the more happy I am.

EDIT. SPOILERS but what the hell?

Ah yeah, many people theorized about that and it turns out they were right.

My brother also said that now it made sense why Stan was asleep in the episode "Dreamscapers" because if Stan hadn't been asleep at the time then Bill would had been unable to enter his mind. Well then I guess that means the spell that Gideon used to summon him just only allowed Gideon to enter the Dreamscape since that's the only place Bill can appear without a psychical form.

Wait then could that mean that when Dipper thought all the data in the computer was going to be deleted in the episode "Sock Puppet Opera", in reality it was just a trick created by Bill to get Dipper to make the deal? Oh wow, Bill is a whole lot sneakier than I thought.

I have to agree with everyone who has praised The Last Mablecorn! It was fantastic and I also loved the bits with the unicorns! I'm glad it's not a long wait until the next episode, because I really can't wait to see to where this is all leading to!

• 1 month later...

Well shit just hit the fan with today's episode. Things are going to get crazy with the next episode. One complaint I have is that Stanley hasn't really done much in the main plot. Yeah the last episode was Stan focus but it felt more than I breather episode. I was hoping they would try to do more with him and his brothers relationship.

Bill has broken the rift and now the town is in danger. Nice going Mable.

Edited by Dejimon11

This was rather dead.

ayy lmaos are real. 

well, just the ayy, we haven't seen a proper alien yet, just the saucer. But, there's some skeleton bones visible on the background.

Remember the shapeshiter from Into the Bunker? Well, we might know where it came from.

Great episode. The credits were chilling.

Edited by Wisp
IT'S NOT MY DAY.